Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Ashran
Animaaal
tinypantha
Punkdafunk
8 posters

The Dark Souls World

Punkdafunk

The Dark Souls World Empty The Dark Souls World

Post by Punkdafunk Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:13 pm

I've found myself standing on cliffs looking out over ruined cities, fortresses, and castles more times then I can count going through the game. My favorite orange soapstone messages are the ones that say "gorgeous view ahead." The world that we all fight through is breathtaking and in my opinion far surpasses the Elder Scrolls worlds. Has anyone ever stopped to think what it all would have looked like before the apocalypse? I wish there would be a spinoff where you got to play in the world while it was at it's heyday. What do the rest of you think?
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Dark Souls World Empty Re: The Dark Souls World

Post by tinypantha Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Welcome to the forums, and may i avert your attention to the archives section perhaps? If you dust off a topic in there i believe this has been dicussed eras ago though sadly.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:59 pm

No sense in necroing.....

Ya man, fooooooor sure. I understand the depths were prolly the same. I've recently started wondering what the township looked like in its prime. Of course I've wondered about Anor, but the one that intrigues me the most is New Londo.

I mean, what kind of valuables would have been in a city with such a massive gate to protect it? It must have been quite a sight. Probably more immpressive than Anor Londo. Besides, the dubbing of "New Londo" would imply that Anor Londo had already existed, and the people with means (usually the wealthy) were its new inhabitants and founders.

Makes you wonder what firelink coulda been used for too.

Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Animaaal wrote:No sense in necroing.....

Ya man, fooooooor sure. I understand the depths were prolly the same. I've recently started wondering what the township looked like in its prime. Of course I've wondered about Anor, but the one that intrigues me the most is New Londo.

I mean, what kind of valuables would have been in a city with such a massive gate to protect it? It must have been quite a sight. Probably more immpressive than Anor Londo. Besides, the dubbing of "New Londo" would imply that Anor Londo had already existed, and the people with means (usually the wealthy) were its new inhabitants and founders.

Makes you wonder what firelink coulda been used for too.

who the *** builds a city in a cave... EXPLAIN THIS
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Ashran wrote:who the *** builds a city in a cave... EXPLAIN THIS
    To shield themselves from dragons, or perhaps from the watchful black eye of anor londo?

While going through the blighttown swamp yesterday, I wondered how it looked back when the sewer system was still in use. With all of lordran's sewage gushing out into the swamp, I'm not so sure it would have been a nicer place than it is today.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:23 am

ublug wrote:........With all of lordran's sewage gushing out into the swamp, I'm not so sure it would have been a nicer place than it is today...........

They drop dung pies, I get it now. cheers ........ :Baal01:
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:19 am

The interconnectedness still blows me away on a daily basis. Just the other day I was standing in Firelink, looking off the cliff into the Blight Swamp, and it occurred to me just how much of that part of the world is in some way contributing to the construction of Anor Londo. All those big struts and walls are basically load bearing retaining walls and flying buttresses ultimately holding up the giant wall surrounding Anor Londo, from the floor in the swamp all the way up to the top of Sen's. The world design is just awesome.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 am

PlasticandRage wrote:The interconnectedness still blows me away on a daily basis. Just the other day I was standing in Firelink, looking off the cliff into the Blight Swamp, and it occurred to me just how much of that part of the world is in some way contributing to the construction of Anor Londo. All those big struts and walls are basically load bearing retaining walls and flying buttresses ultimately holding up the giant wall surrounding Anor Londo, from the floor in the swamp all the way up to the top of Sen's. The world design is just awesome.

Ya dude it is awesome. Kinda makes me wonder something. Would pvp have functioned better in Dark Souls had the world been another nexus?

The forest jump down to the basin area for example. I'm sure there are a couple more world loops i'm forgetting, but couldn't world design flaws like that have contributed to the failed summonings and lag problems?

Doesn't matter to me it has been awesome. After hundereds of hours of Demon's Souls, let's just say I wasready to bend over and put the disc in. I was not let down graphically at all. Thank you FROM.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 am

I couldn't really say either way. Personally I prefer it the way it is in DkS for other reasons regardless. It feels like a much more seamless world than Demon's did. Not that I didn't like the Nexus, because I did, but I think the DkS system makes it feel more like a living breathing world.
    bl0odyMe5s
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bl0odyMe5s Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 am

Animaaal wrote:Makes you wonder what firelink coulda been used for too

I asked myself the same question recently when standing around in the place. I think it was kind of an annex to the church in the parish. You got the elevator connecting the 2 buildings and you have a graveyard just around the corner so it could be a church of the Way of White which makes sense since there is a bonfire and a firekeeper in the place.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 pm

bl0odyMe5s wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Makes you wonder what firelink coulda been used for too

I asked myself the same question recently when standing around in the place. I think it was kind of an annex to the church in the parish. You got the elevator connecting the 2 buildings and you have a graveyard just around the corner so it could be a church of the Way of White which makes sense since there is a bonfire and a firekeeper in the place.

That makes a lot of sense. +1
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Maybe DkSII will feature something of traveling back in time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm