Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Onion Knight
BIG TIME MASTER
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GrinTwist
aceluby
befowler
SlakeMoth
RANT
raecor14
Argetlam350
skarekrow13
Tolvo
steveswede
Alara78
Kuragari
Ashran
Sentiel
Hue
yajnaji
densetsushun
25 posters

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

Post by raecor14 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:...i i loved DA:2 and for me it is.............. ANY GAME CALLED FINAL FANTICY
    I loved Merrill.
    Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing - Page 2 300_2270082
    IZZY FTW
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

Post by RANT Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm gonna get hate for this but the kingdom hearts games were garbage, good thing I only rented them. Also everything after ff9.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:14 pm

The story of DA2 was all right but the gameplay and smaller environment exploration with the reused dungeons is what ruined the game for me. Yeah DA:O's gameplay needed slight adjustments make it a bit faster but DA2's made it more of a button smash fest.

As for Allstars, yeah the community isn't great. Sure there are nice people but a lot will get mad when they loose, call you names, say you cheated, that you won from lag, or you only won with a cheap character dispite themselves using a cheap overpowered character as well. So glad I didn't buy it. Only reason I know this is because I played it at a friends. The only promising things for this game is the slight rumor of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro might come to it as DLC but other then that I have no like for the game.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:18 pm

And I have to agree with tolvo on the mass effect games, the whole series os just a crappy shooter with a good story, lame.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm dissapoint there are no Legend of Dragoon characters in there. 😢

EDIT:
    As for ME and DA. Well...I get to f*ck alien and elf girls. What more cana man hope for in a game? lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:39 pm

I didn't even like the Mass Effect story, personally I felt the Witcher 2 had a way stronger story. I just wish that game would come to PS3. sad
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:18 pm

'Broken Sword-The Sleeping Dragon' on PS2. Broken just about sums it up. Also finally lost patience with the main character, George Stobart, he's just a self righteous prig.

God of War because Kratos is such a thug. Only played the first and hated him so much I couldn't finish it.

Like Halo, all of them and Final Fantasy series as far as X. After that they started to lose it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 pm

Dragon's Age: Origins. A lot of people loved this game and I thought it was atrocious. It was extremely glitchy with awful clipping errors, had terrible and unresponsive gameplay, and often horrible graphics. I constantly felt like I was fighting the user interface to even play it, and combat was extremely spammy and inelegant -- you basically sat there and watched your party flailing away at random like they were having seizures or something.

I also hated Mass Effect 2 (after loving the first one). It was basically Mass Effect 1 minus the interesting characters, functional XP system, skills, customizable gear, coherent storyline, and with the added bonus of planet after planet of resource scanning. What could go wrong? Oh yeah, everything.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm

FF 12 was probably the worst game I played. Set it up and watch the game play itself... could you make it ANY more boring? Put 40 hours into it in two different stints and still couldn't get into it. Terrible game.

I know I'm going to get flack for this, but I played FF6 for the first time about a year ago and thought it was one of the worst installments, just a bit better than 12. I felt FF4 was better because it was better focused w/ a better story and FF7 did a better job of having a huge world w/ lots of side stories, but still keeping a main focus. FF6 I felt was between this in some sort of void that just didn't sit well w/ me. Got to the end of the game and never really even bothered finishing it.

As for this gen... Haze was pretty generic and awful, as was kane and lynch (that they made a sequel of). Tried playing w/ my gf and it was abysmal, the controls were so bad we didn't even try to finish a single mission.

I also don't like any of the Gears of War games. They give me the worst motion sickness and I'm not one to get motion sickness. Can't play it for more than a half hour.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 pm

For those who hated DA2, may the Dreadwolf take you! :evil: Nah, I understand the hatred for the reused levels and the shortness of the game. In their haste to push the game out and fix the controls I feel they just came out with a half finished product. It took me half as long to beat the game as it did DA:O, and that's including all the side quests in DA2 and only a select few in Origins.

Origins also had its faults like Befowler stated, the game was all around glitchy and most importantly there was no consistency in the user interface. One part of the menu requires L2/R2 to traverse and another L1/R1. The combat was lackluster and mages were clearly overpowered, and some levels felt just excessive(the Fade, for those who've played it). The story pushed me to continue and I quite liked the whole origins system, but I did not enjoy it as much as I could have.

Speaking of older games, as much as people like it I hated Resident Evil on the PS1. The controls were killer and the voice acting was horrendous.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:47 pm

aceluby wrote:I know I'm going to get flack for this, but I played FF6 for the first time about a year ago and thought it was one of the worst installments, just a bit better than 12. I felt FF4 was better because it was better focused w/ a better story and FF7 did a better job of having a huge world w/ lots of side stories, but still keeping a main focus. FF6 I felt was between this in some sort of void that just didn't sit well w/ me. Got to the end of the game and never really even bothered finishing it.

As for this gen... Haze was pretty generic and awful, as was kane and lynch (that they made a sequel of). Tried playing w/ my gf and it was abysmal, the controls were so bad we didn't even try to finish a single mission.
    I love 4, played it on the snes emu a few years back and I loved everything about it, it's why I just had to have it on the PSP(luckily my brother bought me the Complete Collection big grin).

Speaking of :dung: current gen shooters, my girlfriend and I were looking for a good co-op shooter to play between the two Borderlands and we got Kane and Lynch and Army of Two recommended, we decided to get Army of Two 40th day. It wasn't exactly the worst shooter I've played, but the game was so frustrating we never got past the first level.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Oh, and another... Bioshock. Never 'got it' and after about 4 hours invested was never compelled to pick it up again. Seemed like another game that has an identity crisis.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Speaking of older games, as much as people like it I hated Resident Evil on the PS1. The controls were killer and the voice acting was horrendous.

Played RE1 after RE2 and RE2 is probably the main reason why I like gaming as much as I do. I played it w/out a memory card and couldn't save which made it SUPER hard since any mistake or new enemy sent me all the way back to the beginning. Yeah, the controls weren't the best, but I thought the fumbly controls added to the whole 'survival' atmosphere. When I finally got a PS1 I was shocked to see that you could save your game and continue to the next disc to play the other half. Effing genius!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Dragon Age II, I liked the first one and even though it did have it's errors I've still played through the game 3 times. Although I played the second game first I honestly hated the gameplay and the lack of free-roaming in the wilderness.

I was also disappointed with the new Most Wanted game that just came out. I was expecting a new story and an actual reason for getting the top of the blacklist. All I could think about in the original was taking out Razor from the top of the Blacklist, but no in this I just get pretty to look at cutscenes.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Another great game turned terrible generic shooter: Fear 3. I loved Fear, it really lived up to its fan name (F* everything and run). Didn't play 2 but I got 3 when it was off priced for the co-op, hoping it would be of the same caliber with great graphics. Sadly, I was disappointed by the ease, shoddy CoD style "promotion" system and how short and :dung: the story was. My girlfriend and I beat the game in 5 hours, 'nuff said.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:56 pm

The Fable series.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm

befowler wrote:Dragon's Age: Origins. A lot of people loved this game and I thought it was atrocious. It was extremely glitchy with awful clipping errors, had terrible and unresponsive gameplay, and often horrible graphics. I constantly felt like I was fighting the user interface to even play it, and combat was extremely spammy and inelegant -- you basically sat there and watched your party flailing away at random like they were having seizures or something.

I also hated Mass Effect 2 (after loving the first one). It was basically Mass Effect 1 minus the interesting characters, functional XP system, skills, customizable gear, coherent storyline, and with the added bonus of planet after planet of resource scanning. What could go wrong? Oh yeah, everything.

All the issues you had with Dragon Age: Origins I never had for sure. The only real glitches I ran into were a few load freezes and one mission that glitched so I couldn't complete it but by starting at a previous save I fixed.

Also well I hated Mass Effect, can't romance Tali in the game so it automatically sucks. XD Don't get what you mean by coherent storyline. ME2's was easy to follow I felt just saying.

Of course we all have opinions that differ from one another but those were my two favorite Bioware games so have to somewhat stand up for them a little.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm

I never had glitches on Dragon Age but still loathed it. Everything felt cumbersome and in no way fluid to me. I couldn't get into the story or characters either but I might have, had I decided to finish it, I suppose. Lie you said Argetlam, we all have our own tastes I suppose.

I would disagree with Tolvo since I really enjoyed Fable and Fable 2. Still don't have Fable 3. I might get it. Need a reason to still own an Xbox and there aren't other exclusives I really enjoy.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I liked Kindom Hearts... sad

Edit: as for worst games, and digimon world game past the first. DS ones were decent, but they're just pokemon clones.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I liked Kindom Hearts... sad

Edit: as for worst games, and digimon world game past the first. DS ones were decent, but they're just pokemon clones.
    I liked the one based on Digimon season 4 just cause season 4 was so awesome silly
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Sentiel wrote:All God of War games
    All post 3 Call of Duty games
    All post 1/CE Halo games
    All post Carbon Need for Speed games
    All post X Final Fantasy games
    And there's MORE!

How can I choose just one game, when the publishers keep throwing :dung: like this at me?

EDIT:
    I can feel the downvotes coming. :pale:

What's so bad about Halo? :|
    Won't downvote you for stating your opinion though.
    On-topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Never have i hated a game so much before. This game... this f*cking game. I can't even talk about it without feeling the frustration and hatred boiling inside of me.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 am

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:All God of War games
    All post 3 Call of Duty games
    All post 1/CE Halo games
    All post Carbon Need for Speed games
    All post X Final Fantasy games
    And there's MORE!

How can I choose just one game, when the publishers keep throwing :dung: like this at me?

EDIT:
    I can feel the downvotes coming. :pale:

What's so bad about Halo? :|
    Won't downvote you for stating your opinion though.
    On-topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Never have i hated a game so much before. This game... this f*cking game. I can't even talk about it without feeling the frustration and hatred boiling inside of me.
    Nothing's actually wrong with Halo.
    I love the first Halo and the Anniversary edition is the only reason for me to get a Gold account on Xbox Live to be honest.
    It's the other Halo games I hate on.

I loved the game's simplicity in multiplayer and epic story (when you first step on the ring world...nothing like it, simply epic).
    Pistol and Sniper Rifle + some skill and you can take on the world. Just those two and ALL you needed was skill. No levels, upgrades, 5478 weapons etc, just those two and your own aim. Since you got Health and Shields, you don't die in few shots like in most modern FPS games and the rest of the weapons were terribly inaccurate (as they should!), so it was really about the player, not about his character, or setup.

Other Halo games not only raped the story and made it into some sort of :dung: , especially Halo 4, but they continually added more and more stuff to the multiplayer, that it got silly. Halo 3 had great multiplayer, but ever since they nerfed the Pistol and buffed the Assault Rifle, I just couldn't play it. All those grenade types, vehicle types, weapons etc. I just couldn't care. With each sequel they made more and more changes to the weapons and the rest of the gadgets it got really stupid. Halo 4 even took it so far, that it's now more resembling CoD than the original Halo, which makes me angry and sad at the same time. Perhaps if they kept the weapons and vehicles the same and just added more I wouldn't mind so much, but all those changes ruined it for me.

Also, back in the first Halo days, the community was very open and nice. When the Halo 3 came out the community got on the level of CoD. I don't understand people raging over it. I can understand it in Dark Souls, where you can lose all your Souls and Humanity, but you don't lose anything in these games, yet people rage 100 times more in there.

Oh, I also got banned for cheating. I was capable of doing clanwars alone an win with 0 deaths. To this day my best streak was on BG with over 300 kills and 4 deaths.
    I used FragFX. lol!
    But I got accused of using aimbot so much that I actually got banned for it and nobody gave a damn.
    That was the last straw. :|
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:30 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Also, back in the first Halo days, the community was very open and nice. When the Halo 3 came out the community got on the level of CoD. I don't understand people raging over it. I can understand it in Dark Souls, where you can lose all your Souls and Humanity, but you don't lose anything in these games, yet people rage 100 times more in there.
    You should try Halo: Custom Edition. Really brings me back, and quite enjoyable if you look past the sniper only battles.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:36 am

densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    You should try Halo: Custom Edition. Really brings me back, and quite enjoyable if you look past the sniper only battles.
    That's the one for PC right?
    Nah. I would have to go and buy a PC. I'm too lazy and poor.
    Same to my Xbox live. I won't pay for something PS3 gives me for free.
    I was kinda expecting Halo Anniversary for PS3, since Xbox got MGS HD Collection, but no, somebody failed again. Shrug
    So I gave up on all shooter games.
    Only one that I liked was MGO, but in the end, I threw my guns away and went with knife only. twisted

EDIT:
    GRFS seemed very good when I played the beta...or demo? Nevermind.
    I don't know if they patched it, but the game had some serious balancing issues, so I dropped it. Good game though.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 am

Sentiel wrote:
    That's the one for PC right?
    Nah. I would have to go and buy a PC. I'm too lazy and poor.
    Same to my Xbox live. I won't pay for something PS3 gives me for free.
    I was kinda expecting Halo Anniversary for PS3, since Xbox got MGS HD Collection, but no, somebody failed again. Shrug
    So I gave up on all shooter games.
    Only one that I liked was MGO, but in the end, I threw my guns away and went with knife only. twisted

EDIT:
    GRFS seemed very good when I played the beta...or demo? Nevermind.
    I don't know if they patched it, but the game had some serious balancing issues, so I dropped it. Good game though.
    Custom edition is basically Combat Evolved but modded for multiplayer only, it's pretty awesome. Any computer that can handle Halo(read, 10 years old) can handle it.

The only reason PS3 doesn't get games like that is because it's a core brand for Microsoft's Xbox brand. Microsoft owns Halo and makes a :dung: ton of money off it, Xbox is almost synonymous to Halo for those who don't know better. It's just bad marketing to port it to the PS3, even if it means you get a tiny bit more sales of the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 am