Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Hydreigon11
Onion Knight
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
Isirith
barrywilkins
bunnywink
Serious_Much
psychichobo
VaDoom
Sentiel
sure-magicians
steveswede
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
notfalstaff
Flankydizzle
reim0027
Marino.
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
Animaaal
LunarFog
Oh_the_Humanity
Ashran
The Letter X
CappuccinoJak
defacto
Sloth9230
34 posters

People who join the forum just to ask for items

notfalstaff
    notfalstaff

People who join the forum just to ask for items - Page 3 Empty Re: People who join the forum just to ask for items

Post by notfalstaff Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:13 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    I know, you were very helpful when I need help me transfering my items Bow but there's also people who do nothing but ask for stuff. I don't mind them, but if my options are to hand over a slab to them, a pvp'er, or a someone who's new to the game but has actually done things besides ask for items, then the latter get priority.

Oh totally, don't get me wrong - I've run into several of them myself and I think you're right to approach it that way. I just thought I'd speak up for some of the trade forum's good points. They way I see it, when it works it's like its own form of jolly cooperation! Praise the Sun
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

People who join the forum just to ask for items - Page 3 Empty Re: People who join the forum just to ask for items

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:28 am

I guess the title was a bit misleading so I changed it.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 am

Gimme ten Grant lololol

Somehow I find it crazy difficult to type like an idiot.

Edit:
    I remember bro-oping in the lower burg and getting asked for items. Same thing happened to my girlfriend, except the host ended up not helping with Capra either.

Last edited by densetsushun on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 am

I'm the sort of person who will help anybody if I can but when it came to the Platinum Trophy I worked damned hard to get everything myself. That way I know I deserved it and could feel proud of my achievement. Those people who trade for stuff or demand items just so they can get trophies without effort shoot themselves in the foot in my opinion. What satisfaction is there in that?
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:48 am

Is it effort to have to play on NG+2 just to get platinum? I'm all for trophies by discovery but having to play through a 3rd time minimum is a bit of a ball ache if that's all you want.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:36 am

I must have a Channelers trident, so if anyone of you has one, hand it over, and also some pure bladestone...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:55 am

Tolvo wrote:I suppose I should explain, whenever I get an upvote my dealer dishes me some cloverflow, whenever I get a downvote he rips out some of my hair. As you can see, I actually don't act helpful to genuinely provide for the community, I just have a really bad drug problem. I'd go to rehab, but frankly posting on an internet forum is a lot easier than facing my demons.
    Is that why you have Ciaran as an avatar?
    Spoiler:

Animaaal wrote:
    I dont think this forum has become the best English speaking Dark Souls forum around because of the trading section, or other sections like it alone (I know thats not exactly what anyone is saying).
    I got seriosuly shocked by this. Out of all the forums and communities I ever attempted to join, this one is by far the friendliest and it's members usually have the highest level of English I've seen in a gaming community. Sometimes when Emergence and Forum Pirate posts something, I have to use a translator (which fails most of the time tbh) and I've always thought my English is good, even though it's self thought.

Tolvo wrote:This is one of the friendliest forums around I'd have to say, which is a big factor. Some places like to turn people away, and while we may have our cliques and groups, we accept all people.
    Agreed.
    The latter is exactly what usually happens to me. 😢

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

I originally came here to ask for help with my build. I asked the same question on all Dark Souls forum I could find. All provided me with an answer, but while I was waiting for it and reading them all, this one seemed the best and had exactly those informations, that I was looking for. Thanks to your help, I am now capable of making near perfect builds (at least for me) and I try to use this to help others asking for build advice.

I get aksed for stuff all the time, especially now, since BB glitch is gone. 1/10 times I get summoned for low SL co-op in Burg, or Parish, the hosts ask me for elemental weapons. I got some spare Lightning Broken Swords for this exact situation. lol!
    If somebody asks me for something nicely and I got spare, or don't need the item, I will gladly give it away. But there are people who don't ask nicely, and even rude ones. Those get a middle finger and :black-crystal: .

I would like to help people on forum more, but I usually am online when they are offline and when I'm here, I'm at work, far away from my PS3 and when I'm not here, I'm on my PS3, so coordinating trades and co-op with forum users is a bit difficult.

Ah, that felt good. A bit long, eh? Sorry about that, I like to write long stuff since I'm pretty bored here. sad
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Flankydizzle wrote:I guess the key word here is 'trade'.

If it's just donations then I agree with OP.

lol yeah, I was referring to donations. I remember I asked for slab donations once, all these jerks ignored me silly

I see your topic is still open. Finaly, did you get the slabs you needed?

On Topic, as a new member myself, I noticed the same. Almost every new member just ask for "almost free" stuff.
    My policy is to not ask for anything I can't get by myself.
    The first time I beat DS and DKS, it was alone in soul form/hollowed.
    Some parts were true challenges for me (Flammelurker, maneater, O&S, 4 kings...), but I wouldn't have even thought asking for any help/gear to achieve that.
    But not everyone see gaming as I see it, and some people would just leave the game if other weren't there to give them free help.
    Ok, most of these people won't continue playing the game in the long run anyway, but they're still part of the community, even if they are griefers or gankers.
    And actualy, I think the game would not be as good if they weren't there.
    I'm OK to give "relatively" free items to people asking, as long as I don't need these, or to propose my help in a co-op thread. I just choose who I want to help.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 am

I suppose I've been lucky, but I've never had anyone ask me for items or anything similar. I did have someone offer to give me stuff once (someone doing a low SL build and therefore was on his NG+ when I was on my NG), but to be honest the only things I really wanted were stupid things like Gwyn's Soul, so wasn't prepared to start demanding stuff like that...
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:16 am

Damn, keep checking for my trident & bladestone every topic reply notification and still nothing...

No but on a more serious note, I would have typed almost the very same as notfalstaff, if I had gotten my trident that is.
    My thoughts exactly:

notfalstaff wrote:As someone who joined quite recently and has been mostly active on the trade forum, I just thought I'd put in my two cents:

I started my posting career on the trade forum because it was, for me, one of the more accessible ways of actually meeting people in-game. I've found it difficult to connect with a base of friends in Dark Souls (mostly because of how random the multi-player is designed to be), and trading has allowed me to make a couple connections on the forum. They've helped me out, and I always try to help them in return, or pass along the goodwill to someone else who needs it. In some ways, I find it an easier entry point than the general or pvp forums because there are so many posters who know much more about the game, its mechanics, and its tactics than I do. I tend to lurk constantly on threads in those forums, but don't tend to post because I don't feel I have much to add. On the trade & help forum, I can participate and bring something useful to the table. And I hope in time I'll have more to contribute to the larger community as well.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 pm

VaDoom wrote:

I see your topic is still open. Finaly, did you get the slabs you needed?

lol yeah after 2 days of farming I finally did. I enede up screwing my toon up, but thankfully sure-magicians, notfalstaff, and gldtlamat helped me mule my stiff over to a new toon.

sure-magicians: I can't give you the pure bladestone, but I can let you hold my +5 sharp uchigatana silly
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Sloth9230 wrote: but I can let you hold my +5 sharp uchigatana silly

A more twisted mine then my own would read something dirty into this.
    But I really do appreciate the offer, now about that trident... lol!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 pm

I don't generally give people what they ask for if i can tell it's for trophies (or to make their game easy etc), though I give spare stuff I have to people who don't wanna farm (not slabs/max weapons) or just need something random..

I think it's very rude though to just rock up, ask for free **** then leave, thats probably why I don't look at the trading section much..
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 pm

I think a handful of them end up becoming regular members. At least I hope so!

My first post here was in the Trading and Player Help section requesting co-op help. :o
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm beginning to feel like a lot of people feel like other players are their own personal slaves. I won't say I'm the most charitable guy here (I'm definitely not even in the top 100) but I try not to horribly ruin anyones day by forcing them to kill NPCS (the exception being those max level Forest Gankers. I'm not here for a fair fight and neither are you) but what kind of bothers me is when you invade in the tomb, murder someone until they are dead, and they message you demanding help with Nito. Oh and if you have any items you don't want, give em too me! Like seriously man, Even though I'd rather kill you 50x, I'm helping you kill my favorite boss and STILL you ask me for more?
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:09 pm

I actually got a PM from a "girl" over PSN asking for free stuff after I helped her with co-op once. I was a bit baffled since there was a lot of winking involved. :shock:

But... I just feel like I can't be too much of a hypocrite since I was giftwraithed. I wasn't expecting a full inventory when I was giftwraithed, but that's how I got my Knight's Honour trophy. :oops:

Not that it would've been hard to get since I had already spent hours farming for the trident at that point (successfully!)
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 pm

bunnywink wrote:I actually got a PM from a "girl" over PSN asking for free stuff after I helped her with co-op once. I was a bit baffled since there was a lot of winking involved. :shock:

But... I just feel like I can't be too much of a hypocrite since I was giftwraithed. I wasn't expecting a full inventory when I was giftwraithed, but that's how I got my Knight's Honour trophy. :oops:

Not that it would've been hard to get since I had already spent hours farming for the trident at that point (successfully!)

Lost my data shortly after that! O.o
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I don't know about some of you but when I charge people for items I take souls depending on what it is.

I was actually thinking of opening up my own shop, I would have charged humanity or slabs/boss souls, but then I remembered that stupid Dark Sword. I'm not going to charge you 10 humanity for something that cost me 30 and requires I start a new character and beat 4 kings every time someone wants a spare. That's just unreasonable silly

I would have needed a lot of volunteers and people to help me mule things too, and most people who are willing to help are already working for Lord of Ash.

Alas, Sloth "The Merchant of Death" is but a distant dream sad
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Isirith wrote:
    bunnywink wrote:I actually got a PM from a "girl" over PSN asking for free stuff after I helped her with co-op once. I was a bit baffled since there was a lot of winking involved. :shock:

Lost my data shortly after that! O.o

Hahaha, if you EVER need anything, let me know. You're still the best, Isi! ❤
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Due to my high LvL. I do give out stuff to people who have Red Soap Stone. Thing is...If they want an Item. THEY'RE NOT LEAVING MY WORLD ALIVE.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Is it "your" trophy, if it as gifted? Never been asked for items, but have been gifted red eye orbs, humanities, chunks, some OP weapons. Didn't ask for em, maybe count as trophies. Certainly not "game accomplishments", though. Just seems like another "way around" actually beating aspects of the game. All trophies can be had in NG+. And beyond, right?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Odinbear wrote:Is it "your" trophy, if it as gifted? Never been asked for items, but have been gifted red eye orbs, humanities, chunks, some OP weapons. Didn't ask for em, maybe count as trophies. Certainly not "game accomplishments", though. Just seems like another "way around" actually beating aspects of the game. All trophies can be had in NG+. And beyond, right?

Yup, it's 3 play-throughs minimum.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Is it "your" trophy, if it as gifted? Never been asked for items, but have been gifted red eye orbs, humanities, chunks, some OP weapons. Didn't ask for em, maybe count as trophies. Certainly not "game accomplishments", though. Just seems like another "way around" actually beating aspects of the game. All trophies can be had in NG+. And beyond, right?

Yup, it's 3 play-throughs minimum.

Uparkaam gave me alot of Boss Souls a while ago...Saved me lots of time but i Forgot Seath's tail and had to go to NG+7...Now i'm at NG+9 for the lulz.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bunnywink Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm

The only time I have actually asked for an item for a trophy was in Demon's Souls. I had spent over a week farming dual-katana-wielding-black-phantom-skeletons (or whatever) in the darkest world tendency with Large Sword of Searching equipped for pure bladestone... I pretty much went from SL80 to SL205 just doing that. (I kid you not... Um, don't mind my stats, it was my first souls character ever.)

It was the last trophy I needed for the platinum and I was desperate. My friend let me hold his Sharp Dagger +5. I don't know if that counts, because I did not ask to keep it... But that's how I got my last trophy and platinum. I feel like I did everything I could possibly do to get that pure bladestone. I even started adding stat points to luck. 😢

EDIT: TL;DR: I still feel like I earned it one way or another. I just had really crappy luck getting pure bladestone to drop.

Spoiler:

Last edited by bunnywink on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:24 pm

97 Magic but 23 Vitality ? lol!

And yes .
    Yopu just need to "have" a fuly upgraded Weapon to earn the Trophy . At least it was like that in my case happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm