Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Lordran Communications Bureau

IWeltrip
    IWeltrip

The Lordran Communications Bureau Empty The Lordran Communications Bureau

Post by IWeltrip Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:50 am

The Lordran Communications Bureau SignPostForest_zps5b26dd3d

Guardians of the Great Signposts
    -Communication, Growth, Response, Hope-

Last edited by IWeltrip on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    IWeltrip
    IWeltrip

The Lordran Communications Bureau Empty Re: The Lordran Communications Bureau

Post by IWeltrip Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:51 am

Mission Statement
    In Lordran, the perils of uncertainty are ever looming o'er our shoulder. The goal of The Lordran Communications Bureau is to extinguish uncertainty by providing Operatives, and non-Operatives, with more Humanity; in turn granting all involved some piece of mind, and indeed, a little more sanity. We are known, in this eternal moment, as the Operatives of the LCB, and by this title we serve the cause of Peace through Humanity.

Behavior and Psychology
    Uncertainty breeds in confusion, it thrives on pain and suffering. In order to achieve peace within and without, we must reach out to all of those who are nearby even if they might do us harm.

Being truly neutral in action, Operatives precede battle by drawing their message, and withdrawing* three yards. When the invader walks over and steps on the message, the Operative shall bow while, hopefully, the invader grants their message a positive response.

The final action of the Operative's greeting depends on the invader. If the Invader shows any immediate hostility they are to be dealt with by any means necessary. However, if the invader writes a response and withdraws three yards, then the operative is to dissolve their message and grant a return, positive response.

From here battle will assume as normal.

Ranking and Advancement
    Rank is determined by "Cooperative Cooperation". When two Operatives meet each other they will both write their message and attempt to withdraw. Once it is clear both players are Operatives they shall exchange responses by walking past each other on the left side while guarding.

Once the exchange is complete both Operatives will Bow to initiate battle, from the moment they are finished with the closing action. After the encounter, both Operative will report back here and they each gain one Humanity Point (HP).

Notice: While each rank has a title all participants are known as Operatives while engaged in covenant duties.
    Rank/Required HPs/Rewards
    Initiate
    [0||||||None|||||||||Ability to report Cooperations, IDed as Operative, and Participant; civilized engagement is guaranteed between Operatives.]
    Journeyman
    [+1|||10|||||||||||||||Ability to register a characters as permanent Covenant Avatar(SL20).]
    Host
    [+2|||30|||||||||||||||Ability to set appointments with other members. Covenant Avatar(SL50-55)]
    Resident
    [+3|||80|||||||||||||||Access to Organized Query and Response Administration. Covenant Avatar(SL90-99), and NG+ Team.]

Participation is not exclusive, and Multi-Covenant play is encouraged.

~`~`~`~`~
    *Withdraw by stepping backward away from your invader while blocking.
    IWeltrip
    IWeltrip

Post by IWeltrip Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:52 am

Conditions of Participation
    -Operatives should carry Orange Soap Stones at all times.

-Operatives must never abuse procedure; for personal gain or otherwise.

-Operatives should carry at least five Humanity items in their inventory, and should carry at least one within their bosom at all times (or when next convenient).

Rules of Engagement, and Preparation
    For each play mode, there is a series of steps known as "Gestures". One Gesture may consist of several short actions, and is identified by a short phrase in quotes.

Response messages are always Up-voted (even if the other players did not up-vote your message).

Phantoms:
    "Salutation": When engaging in cooperative play, Operatives will write their preferred message of greeting, take three steps back, and bow to the other players.

"Encouragement": There are times when support needs to be given. When things are looking hopeless, or sanity threatens it's leave, the Operative will point down, write a message of encouragement, and drop a Humanity. This is an act of mercy, and should only be used once per encounter (if at all).

"Well-Wishing": At the entry to an area's boss, once momentary safety is assured, The Operative will write a farewell message, and use the Hurrah! Gesture. Once victory is assured, the Operative should try to use the Wave Gesture before they vanish.

Invaders
    "Declaration": An operative that engages in a one-on-one battle will first write their message and step back three yards. At no time during should the Operative walk beyond their written message.

"Initiation": After Votes are exchanged, the Operative will remove their message and Bow. Battle will then commence.

"Restitution": If the Operative is victorious, they will write a message on the fallen body. If that message is up-voted, then the next message that touches it will get up-voted (assuming contact is maintained through the void).

Responsibility, and Rewards

Responsibilities are determined by Rank and are mostly optional, though acting within the guidelines will help spread the message of the LCB, and increase chances for Operatives to collect and distribute Humanity.

Initiate:
    A responsible Initiate Up-votes according to the guidelines, and often up-votes helpful messages as well as down-votes unhelpful messages.

Initiates can post claims for The Great Signpost to have their messages Up-voted.

Journeyman:
    The Responsible Journeyman will up-vote messages that fit the descriptions found on the Great Signpost Registry (see below), and should report any player seen abusing the guidelines (as well as serve them an Indictment if possible). They may also respond to Low-Rating Requests

Covenant Avatar: The Journeyman may register a character of SL20 as an Avatar. Operatives are expected to keep their Avatar at the SL limit, and will utilize that avatar to respond to Requests.

Host:
    Responsible Hosts will drop Humanities for their allies upon greeting, and has at least one character registered with the Covenant. Setting, and keeping, appointments (and completing Requests) is a key part of the Host's duties, as it propagates Humanity Growth throughout the community.

Covenant Avatars may be raised to SL50-55 (it is recommended (but not required) to have at least one character of each rank).

Resident:
    Responsible Residents can authorize requests for the Great Signpost, and are tasked with completing the Highest-Ranking requests.

The Organized Query and Response Administration (AQaRA) is the network of players that will ensure connections are made, and tasks are completed by pairing active Operatives with suitable Requests. This is, of course, optional.

The NG+ Team (TBA) will consist of groups of Nine using characters that have completed the game at least once. Each group will be directed carefully in order to bring each character on the team to level-cap (Eventually). Participation is optional.
    IWeltrip
    IWeltrip

Post by IWeltrip Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 am

The Great Signposts

This list will be organized by region. Operatives should always up-vote the following messages:
    "Need Humanity", "Need [character]", "Hope", "Comfort", "Happiness"

Operatives should always down-vote the following messages:
    "I can't take this", "Despair", "Sorrow", "Grief", "Tears"

Template: Message, Operative, Description

Andre's Bondfire
    -PS3-
    - "Need Chance", IWeltrip, In the far-right corner next to the door to Sen's Fortress.

Last edited by IWeltrip on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 am; edited 5 times in total
    IWeltrip
    IWeltrip

Post by IWeltrip Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 am

List of Operators

Post in this thread to join.

(Listed in order by appearance)
    Founder: IWeltrip

Initiates: The Letter X

Last edited by IWeltrip on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:45 am; edited 2 times in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm

I really like what you have here. Your idea is very unique and well-organized. Once I am relieved of some of my workload I will officially request to join.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:44 am

HEY I SUPPLY THE GOODS ROUND HERE YOU WANNA TANGO WITH THE RANGO
    IWeltrip
    IWeltrip

Post by IWeltrip Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 am

The Letter X wrote:I really like what you have here. Your idea is
    very unique and well-organized. Once I am relieved of some of my
    workload I will officially request to join.

Fantastic, I look forward to your call.

Lord of Ash wrote:HEY I SUPPLY THE GOODS ROUND HERE YOU WANNA TANGO WITH THE RANGO

That is good news, we could use an ally such as yourself. I can almost guarantee a meeting of minds could see us both with better business.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:01 pm

I would like to officially join the Lordran Communications Bureau. Feel free to give me something to do because it seems like I am free for a while now.
    IWeltrip
    IWeltrip

Post by IWeltrip Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 am

Awesome, your only duties to start are covered in the Initiate section, but you may feel free to perform any other duties listed.

My main concern at the moment is gaining more members, and amassing a decent Humanity Pool between us.

Just as well; you can post a description of a message that you would like upvoted, then I can add it to the list.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:22 am