Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Garl_Vinland
KingSeekerCow
steveswede
densetsushun
CappuccinoJak
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
BIG TIME MASTER
BLA1NE
RANT
Wade_Wilson
Elite Knight
Mr. Tart
17 posters

Dead Space 3

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dead Space 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Dead Space 3

Post by densetsushun Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Unfortunately, I don't live in a country that has game rentals, which sucks balls. Best I could do to not break the bank on a game I'm on the fence about is buy it used.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:52 pm

With as many people that didn't like it, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too tough to find a used copy. That's really what I'd recommend anyway. It's a fun game, but if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't spend 50 bones on it. Sadly it seems like I can say that about most games these days.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Yeah, sadly that's how the game industry is like nowadays sad I'm really glad that quality games are still being produced, but the triple A titles aren't what they used to be in my opinion. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are recent games I really enjoy, and I bought both about a year after its release(DkS because I was poor when it came out and when I could afford it, I wanted to wait for PtDE)

Edit: I just checked the website of my favorite gameshop, RE6 is still 60 euros for a new copy and around 40 for a used copy sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Ouch. Yeah I bought Demon's used long after it came out, but the $60 DkS cost me, was one of the few times I've spent that much and not regretted it for one reason or another.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:24 pm

I happily gave out 40 euros for the ptde, I see it as still supporting From while keeping my wallet happy. Depending on what gets revealed and my financial situation though I'll definitely buy DkS2 at launch.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:33 pm

ptde?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:35 pm

@plastic i havent played re6 since after re4 i just wanst into it as i was with the first two. re4 was not scary at all and i only rented the fifth one and it kinda sucked so i never payed much attention to re6 but i have seen a lot of vids and it looks kinda lame to me and not scary at all, i miss the ols scary game like ssilent hill 1 and 2.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:38 pm

If you want Silent Hill scares, you've been looking in the wrong place with RE from the beginning. They've never been those kind of games.

And you're making judgements based on videos. Just goes to show that I'm right. You're passing judgement and you don't really know what you're talking about.

I'd admit that with some genres you can get pretty much the exact feel of how a game plays by watching videos, but I'd argue with survival horror there's a big difference between watching youtube, and sitting in your house with the lights turned down, the volume turned up, and the controller in your own hands.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 pm

what? re1 and 2 were scary but really it might have ben cause i was like 13 when i was playing them, there's nothing scary about any games now to me but at least they had an awesome atmosphere and re5 and 6 are lacking on that department.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:ptde?
    Prepare to die edition
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 pm

I'll give you 5, but 6 has amazing atmosphere. Really it does. Go youtube Leon's campaign. Watch the subway and sewers, Tall Oaks, and the cemetery, then tell me that's not survival horror atmosphere

6 does almost the exact thing 2 and 3 were trying to do, but has the tech to back it up. 2 was all about making a city feel like it was under siege, but in reality you were only facing 4 or 5 zombies in every area, with settings that were entirely looped and not interactive at all. 6 puts you in a city under siege. It's an amazing gaming experience in that way.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:48 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I'll give you 5, but 6 has amazing atmosphere. Really it does. Go youtube Leon's campaign. Watch the subway and sewers, Tall Oaks, and the cemetery, then tell me that's not survival horror atmosphere
    I played the sewer level and I have to say I'm no fan of it.

Btw, does the Leon vs Chris thing ever happen or is that a trailer only thing?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:51 pm

You played through that whole area? From when you go underground to when you go back above?

No it's part of the game. It'd be hard to explain plot-wise without ruining things for you, but the way it works gameplay wise is, in each campaign, there are parts where the story intersects, and you'll end up playing sections with teams from the other campaigns. For example as Leon and what's-her-name, there's a section where you run into Chris and Piers, and you play that area with all 4 characters present. What's really cool is, if you're playing online, and you have a human controlled co-op partner, and get to that area at the same time as another online co-op pair playing Chris and Piers, then you all 4 will play it together. It's totally seamless too
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 pm

i actually have seen the leon campaign since hes my favorite character and i wasnt impressed, dead nation has a better atmosphere imo.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:54 pm

You're impossible. If you don't want to like it, then don't, but I stand by my assessment that you're passing judgements on things you don't fully know about, because you haven't actually played it.

RantFromRant wrote:it's a psn mini, i think it's five bucks, short
    but damn is it fun. it has a zombie Trex, how could you not like
    that?

hahaha
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:10 pm

i actualy saw that vid and i didnt like how they made that trex. the main reason i dislike the new RE's is the controllers, since they clearly want them to be or action they should come up with action'y type controls instead of just keepig the controls from re4 to make the game a little harder. i guess im just done with re.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:17 pm

I don't see anything wrong with how the controls work. What's so wrong with them?

I'm told it's almost exactly the same way the Gears of War franchise controls work, and that's a very successful action series.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:27 pm

btw im not saying is a bad game, just saying i didnt like it. we keep going back and forth about this lol
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Well your criticizing it for things that I don't think are entirely correct, that I think you'd change your mind about if you gave it a chance. Your taste is your own, but that's not the only thing you've commented on
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:56 pm

the only things i commneted on were on the control set up and the enviroment which is all a matter of taste, and considering how ive een most of the game i think im allowed o say what i think about the game.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:03 pm

I sure as hell didn't expect seeing this many posts after being gone from the forums for just a couple of hours.

Well, i just finished the game. Dead Space 3 is an amazing game, and definitely a good game. I'd say it's on par with Dead Space 2 even, and Dead Space 2 was the best one in the series so far IMO. But having played Dead Space 3, i can now say that i like it just as much as the prequel.

I don't think the game moved to far from horror though, to be honest. The first half of the game was definitely intense, and i felt more stressed out than in Dead Space 2. Sure, it had less jumpscares, but feeling stressed out is what i liked about the Dead Space series to begin with. No game has ever really successfully scared me, but the Dead Space series actually manage to get me stressed out, so that's what i like about it, and Dead Space 3 did even more so than the prequels did at some points. On the later half of the game it seemed to lean more towards action, however still giving some of that horror feel to it.

It's also worth noting that the game has side missions that you could optionally do throughout the game, all offering some more insight into the story itself as well as some neat gear to be found.

As for the ending, i feel that it may have been slightly cliche, but most certainly not bad, and i really enjoyed it. For anyone that enjoyed Dead Space 2, but are unsure of whether to get DS3 or not, do get it, it's totally worth it.

Also, do play it in co-op, whether you do it in a public game or with a friend doesn't matter, just do it, the campaign becomes so much better, especially if you do the side-missions.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 pm

RantFromRant wrote:the problem i have with the new REs(4 through 6)
    is that are not scary at all, its more action than anything and it just
    feel like a different game, it shouldnt even be called RE, people would
    not have this dislike for them if they just named it something else,
    also the controllers dont fit that kinda action, like i said before they
    would be perfect for a true survival hooro game.

This isn't just a statement of taste, it's saying it's not scary and it's not RE, both of which are things that I think if you played the game, and actually experienced what you're criticizing that you might change your mind. I disagree that watching video is enough of an experience of a game to be able to make an apt judgement. If it was, why would we ever play anything? Why wouldn't we all just watch videos of everything?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 pm

the thing is i really know what i like, i can know if i like something just by watching a vid of it(i got demon's souls because i watched a 5 min vid) and if im really on the edge i will rent it and from the vids ive seen imo its not worth a buy. the demo was really lame so that didnt help either, there's so many games that ive bought after playing the demo only to beat them once and never play them again which is what i would do with re6 so i might as well just rent it beat and be done with it whenever i get a chance.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:55 pm

Let me ask you this, and anybody else who wants to answer for that matter, what in your opinion, is the most important aspect of a video game? What element is absolutely essential for that game to be good in your mind? Is it visuals? controls? gameplay? sound? narrative? subject matter? etc.

Several things are important, I know, but what's the absolute most important, if it's not there, it's not good, thing?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Gameplay is number one for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm