Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
nsane32
Maneater_Mildred
User
Danthuyer
GamerGirl-619
CrackSouls
FexDS
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Emergence
JY4answer
Whknight
Back Lot Basher
DxV04
theGentleman
ChizFreak
aceluby
PPG-3-
RANT
Yesuurd
skarekrow13
Carphil
Serious_Much
meridam99
27 posters

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod...

meridam99
    meridam99

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... Empty I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod...

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:39 pm

But I feel that Fex, Emergence, Baal, and Ublug deserve a round of applause for fostering, nurturing, and most importantly starting this community. I know it is great because of the people we have here, the diversity, but if not for them, where would we be? I know for at least myself, I would have probably left the game a long time ago and started something new. This community is what keeps me playing the game. So at least from me, thanks guys!

/emote wipes tear from eye
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... Empty Re: I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod...

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:05 pm

aww aint you just a lil' old softie? silly

but yeah I agree, without the community here on the wiki and forums I probably wouldn't have kept playing Dark Souls for as long and arduously as I have, so thanks guys big grin

Last edited by Serious_Much on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... Empty Re: I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod...

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:07 pm

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3207319737 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3207319737 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3207319737 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3207319737 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3207319737 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3207319737 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3207319737 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3207319737
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Sing it on high brother!
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Sun Sun Sun Sun
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:33 pm

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 639795459
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:58 pm

I am very very appreciative of all the hard work put into this site
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Agreed
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:02 pm

FexDS, Emergence, Baal-Avatar, Ublug:I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 945058907
    theGentleman
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by theGentleman Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Prostration
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:41 pm

meridam99 wrote:But I feel that Fex, Emergence, Baal, and Ublug deserve a round of applause for fostering, nurturing, and most importantly starting this community. I know it is great because of the people we have here, the diversity, but if not for them, where would we be? I know for at least myself, I would have probably left the game a long time ago and started something new. This community is what keeps me playing the game. So at least from me, thanks guys!

/emote wipes tear from eye

I don't think it's strange at all. You said it best really.

Thanks to everyone specially Fex, Emergence, Baal and Ublug.
    Proper Bow
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:47 pm

I agree on the praise for this site. It's top notch by any standards. And actually, I'd like to take it further and give all the mods credit for really turning around these forums. For the first couple of months, I really avoided them because there seemed to be a lot of troll action. Everyone here has done a great job encouraging a real sense of community spirit and helpfulness that didn't exist before. Personally, I think you've all contributed to this, and I look forward to visiting here on a daily basis.

My thanks.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Here here! Fex, Emergence, Baal, and Ublug have done a wonderful job on the site and wiki. I can think of no greater people for ruling the world :p
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Indeed, they have spent time, effort, patience, money, and love for us. We all owe you guys heaps.

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 945058907
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Wow thank you everyone! I did not have internet today so I am just seeing this for the first time, and it made my day. I am beyond glad to know that this site is so well received. When Fex and I started this site, we did it with the same feelings of community that you all have for each other even though we are separated by 10,000 miles. This is what we really hoped would occur. One of the things we discovered after playing Demon's Souls was the game attracted and brought together like minds, and if a thriving community could be facilitated with those individuals at its foundation then something special could take place. We always hoped to create a place where people could come, chat, make friends and transcend the gap of distance. To see that this spirit transferred is so *** cool.

We are so lucky to have the community of folks that we do have here. I absolutely love "coming to work" here, hanging in the forums, working on the wiki, and watching the chat. It is a ton of fun, and it's all the reward I need. You are all outstanding individuals and a pleasure to be around. This game is still in its infancy so think of how much more there is to come as a community.

And thank you Meridam, and the rest of the moderation team of Zechk, and d15-149. Your energy and efforts have encouraged community rather than suppressed it.

Baal, and Ublug are indispensable and oft-overlooked as well. The things they do behind the scenes have been so vital towards ensuring this site looks fantastic, is well organized, and has valuable content. These are two tremendously talented individuals.

And lastly Fex. Remember the kid in school who is just amazing at everything they do, even if they just picked it up for the first time? That's Fex, ridiculous ability, integrity and foresight. There are not enough superlatives so I will stop there!

As for me, I'm just the dope lucky enough to get some credit! All I do is crack some jokes and keep it groovy...

Last edited by Emergence on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:12 pm

someone is being rather modest emergence winking

still though nice speech, though was pretty difficult to wade through, if this were the Brits you would have been cut off half way through silly
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:13 pm

lol Yeah I was thinking I went on a little long but I had a lot to say!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:27 pm

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3378427106 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 1330857165

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3799246625 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 945058907

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3494217123 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3207319737

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 2905764326 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 639795459

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 2667844452 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3149687655

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 2250187301 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3510096238

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3022602407 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 1361424789

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 867261544 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3510096238

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 715812137 I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 558843162

thank you for this amazing forum!
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... Empty *Tears up*

Post by FexDS Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm not good at acceptance speeches :p

I love the site and the community and I believe every user posting and editing has made this happen.

We are as a community incredibly lucky to have attracted Wiki Master Ublug and Code Master Baal to our side, but also every other member that takes the lead on creating anything, be it our excellent mods (and chatango mod Serious!) Zakkia/J4/Dx, Acid/Blaine/WhKn or our very own Maneater Mildred: Thank you! Prostration

Custom ranks are given with our most heartfelt kudos and we hope to continue to give out more happy (Yes I know the war leaders don't have theirs yet. wait on it)

And Emergence... ok ok you can take the weekend off. Jeez u thought I wouldn't see through that?

I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 3494217123
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Wasn't trying anything.

Posting this from the plane btw...
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:01 pm

After having spent like literally 5-6 years in the FF11 community and forums, I have to say in my short time around here you all are beyond awesome. I just love this community and glad to be apart of it, I only wish I could get my former guild members to join and play with them once more.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Where is that happy tear face when we need one!
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Proper Bow Proper Bow Proper Bow
    Thank you so much. It it wasn't for this community and Fight Club I would've assumed every one online would be the same cheesy, obnoxious, cheating jerks.
    You're all so amazing, thank you for keeping my favourite game series interesting and fresh.

Prostration

Last edited by CrackSouls on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing smilies)
    GamerGirl-619
    GamerGirl-619
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GamerGirl-619 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:32 pm

The longest I ever been a member of a Forum was for around 11 + years (it was a Tomb Raider forum) but the only thing that bothered me was that it was so inactive at times. I bumped into this site in need of help and I'm thankful people are always posting around and answering to my questions when I need some help. Wonderful site, great team/members.

Lots of love keep it up :-)
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 pm

I must say being one of the new kids on the block and having an understanding of what happens behind the scenes i must take my hat off to those involved. I know it is going to sound strange coming from a Mod... 945058907

You have created a great environment and experience for new people wanting to understand this fantastic game and allow us to share our common passion of dying... over...and over ... and over again.

But of course having a great community also requires you the reader/contributor being involved so thank you all for your posts, rants, questions & ideas !

I have gotten to know a few people on here via online play as well and you are all a great bunch of people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm