Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Hue
wahwah
RCPD_STARS
7 posters

My best idea for DKS PVE

RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

My best idea for DKS PVE Empty My best idea for DKS PVE

Post by RCPD_STARS Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:34 pm

I am getting back in to DKS after about a one month break consisting of Madden and the Uncharted Trilogy. One classic I also revisited during my break was Resident Evil 2, my favorite of the franchise.

It hit me last night that one particular component of RE2 would integrate very, very nicely into DKS. RE2 features an ALTERNATE mode. Enemy spawns and item locations are shuffled slightly to prevent the user to just go through the motions, and it actually forces you to rethink scenarios you used to have the best strategy effortlessly memorized.

Thats all great, but how could this apply to Dark Souls and or Dark Souls 2? Imagine re-rolling a new character and running through PVE, except the number and location of enemy spawns have changed. You roll around a corner, expecting to quickly dispatch a hollow, and whoops! its a Black Knight instead! You are running for the door to the depths bonfire, taking the path you have used to avoid the slimes hundreds of times, and a slime lands on your head because they have been moved. You are making a run at the Anor Londo Silver Knight Archers, and you start to wonder, hey where is he at. Boom, an arrow comes from a different spawn location.

This idea could be subtle or drastic depending on how implemented. Perhaps some sort of alternate mode for PVE? Maybe certain areas could incorporate roaming or random enemies? Think about farming titanite chunks, but the darkwraiths are patrolling the ruins instead of standing around picking their butts...

What if, in DKS 2, the types and locations of enemies change with the weather and time of day?

I think a tweaked or evolved PVE mode would make an easy to develop and highly enjoyable DLC download as well.

wahwah
    wahwah
    Regular
    Regular

My best idea for DKS PVE Empty Re: My best idea for DKS PVE

Post by wahwah Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:44 pm

that would be awesome!
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Very nice, but the game might be a bit too linear for this
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:12 pm

that would actually be pretty awesome, i love pve but once you beat it once you dont get that oh My best idea for DKS PVE 2324285107 feel
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:00 pm

RantFromRant wrote:that would actually be pretty awesome, i love pve but once you beat it once you dont get that oh My best idea for DKS PVE 2324285107 feel

Unless you fall

I am all for this idea, OP. Varying the amount of enemies and type of enemies definitely adds to the roaming enemy idea.
    dmd
    dmd

Post by dmd Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 pm

RCPD_STARS wrote: Think about farming titanite chunks, but the darkwraiths are patrolling the ruins instead of standing around picking their butts...

What if, in DKS 2, the types and locations of enemies change with the weather and time of day?

That sounds scary... I loved it! cheers
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 am

I actually like that enemy spawns don't change since it allows perfect planning for Speed Runs, and Dark Souls is such a great game for that. But I would like it if it was an option at character creation to have alternate enemy spawns, or if it was in subsequent NGs (each NG+ would have different enemy spawns).

Or: Black Phantom Mode!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm