Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Noob-of-Artorias
JumpsU3vs1
Glutebrah
BLA1NE
WyrmHero
RANT
Myztyrio
Rifter7
PlasticandRage
Animaaal
LunarFog
Hallsey
16 posters

Stength + int build?

Hallsey
    Hallsey
    Casual
    Casual

Stength + int build? Empty Stength + int build?

Post by Hallsey Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:34 pm

even though i only started playing darksouls about 2 months ago; I've explored a fair amount of the the game in terms of builds. I beat the game for the first time and started NG+ with a strength build, am close to beating the game again with a dex build and i've messed around with the magics abit.
    however lately i got the idea of making a strength build that uses powerful sorcerys to boot. ill admit, i tried this build recently with no sort of plan for leveling and it turned out to be a miserable disaester. if anyone could give me some pointers on doing such a build (if possible) i'd appreciate it.winking
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Stength + int build? Empty Re: Stength + int build?

Post by LunarFog Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:44 pm

A build that focuses on strength and intelligence? That uses powerful sorceries?

http://mmdks.com/10zo

There you go. It's got good intelligence, and a bunch of the most powerful spells. You should never use any other spell, unless you want to become one of those filthy magicians I have to kill.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 am

Without having any specifics, this is what I'd recommend from an optimized point of view. Its God awful looking and flavorless though:

The Twink

Q's

-What soul level do you want?

-Are arenas important?

-Do you have access to dlc?

The Twink

Twink is just a cookie cutter. Its designed to take advantage of backstabbing, fast rolling, poise abuse, and even i frames if you wanted. You can also swap rings and play however you want while hitting 2 crucial poise breakpoints.

If you were so inclined to make the Twink, I'd keep these tings in mind:

1) You're 2 handing, and buffing.

2) Homing Crystal Soulmass is not priority driven by damage, but rather instigating your opponent.

3) Never swap right hand weapon to bare fist, you wipe off your buff.

4) Never used the Large Club myself, but I hear its freakin phenomenal. Especially the roll attack.

5) Darkhand is only for your o s**** moments and parrying. Always keep in mind though that it has one of the best damage reduction splits in the game. Its 80/80/80/80, but only has about 35 stability. The stability is the prob with the darkhand, nothing else. ALSO, it will knock you out of the range of some weapons. In pve its a b****, but in pvp its <3!!!

6) You can swap the wolf ring for all kinds of crap. You're at 76 poise now fast rolling, but you can swap for something and still be at 36, which aint half bad.

7) Use Dark Bead. At these stats it wont one shot many people, but it will break poise and stun. Having 3 attunement slots is pretty common and easy to get. I think having Dark Bead is better than having another 2 points in vitality at this point.

Well there ya go, this is one of the most basic ways to use magic and a strength weapon. You'll eventually progress to wearing a Hornets Ring instead and be focused on roll attacks and backstabs.

I have a lot more fun making strength builds at soul level 130, which I think is where the sweetspot is right now.

I know its pretty generic build, but i really didnt know what you were looking for, hope this helps happy

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:35 am

If you're going strength and intelligence you could use the Manus Catalyst and Dark Sorceries, which will allow you to scale your spell damage with both your strength and your intelligence. That's actually something I've been thinking about doing. A heavy poise tank with a big crowd control weapon and the Manus Catalyst.
    Hallsey
    Hallsey
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hallsey Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks guys! looking at all replys, i got a fair idea on what im gonna do for this character. Though refering to lunarfogs mug. build I'll take the strength from 20 to 24 just so i can use the zewhi from time to time; then switch around with claymore and moonlight greatsword for pesky invaders.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:56 pm

here's a template. fill this out and people can help you more.. or at the least i can.
    http://mmdks.com/11pk
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:12 pm

LunarFog, if that's your legit build, you absolutely suck at build-making.

To OP: If you want a fun, damaging build, try out something like this...
    Boom.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 pm

str int are kinda hard to pull off, specially if youre gonna cap at sl 99 since you have to make some sacrifices if you really wanna have awesome dps which of course black magic can do, i would do something like this http://mmdks.com/11pr or http://mmdks.com/11pt or http://mmdks.com/11pu
    Hallsey
    Hallsey
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hallsey Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:23 pm

this is a rough idea of what im thinking. wasnt sure what armor to go with so i kinda improvised. the moonlight sword however wont be the only sword ill be using. i'd like to switch between moonlight. , claymore, and the zewhi. Tell me what you guess think.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=441526303376262424
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:24 pm

m sorry but it looks pretty bad, either go true str/int or just go with the lame *** mlgs.
    Hallsey
    Hallsey
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hallsey Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:39 pm

i went over the build and did some tweaking. got the sl to 99. had to make some sacrifices to health and endurance. however i was able to keep the int around the 30's and got my character to fast rolls.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=165700608552789612
    FYI: some of the equipment i kept for the sake of the build. i kept the wolf ring so i wouldnt be stunlocked by every sing attack swung at me aswell as keeping dusks crown and the b. dragon ring for spell damage increase.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:45 pm

That would do horribly.

The one I posted would be an absolute beast, despite not meeting your whole "SL 99" requirement. No SL 99 should be working on 2 scaling stats.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:48 pm

RantFromRant wrote:m sorry but it looks pretty bad, either go true str/int or just go with the lame *** mlgs.

hahah.. i dunno if i'd call an mlgs lame by any stretch.
    unless you're just saying you don't like em.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:49 pm

tbh there's no uck thing a bad build, as long as your comfortable with what youre using and enjoy playing with it then go for it. what i realy wanna know is what kind of build are you going for? if you really want a strint build look at the ones i posted but if you want a build that uses the zwei and the mllgss which btw is not a sstr build go with something like this http://mmdks.com/11qf swap to mlgs whenever you want to.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Rifter7 wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:m sorry but it looks pretty bad, either go true str/int or just go with the lame *** mlgs.

lame as in because i see it alot much like katana builds, i just find them boring really.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Rifter7 wrote:

lame as in because i see it alot much like katana builds, i just find them boring really.

ehh... people want to use what they think works. can't blame them for that.

just like how you prefer to use the uncommon strength weapons.

would probably irritate you if i went around calling all your favored weapons lame because they weren't popular haha.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:13 pm

not really, i just wissh people had more originality because fighting the same build over and over is boring as hell. its like the school uniform of dks is mom,dingy,knight, hollow armor with gras crest shield and a katana.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Myztyrio wrote:That would do horribly.

The one I posted would be an absolute beast, despite not meeting your whole "SL 99" requirement. No SL 99 should be working on 2 scaling stats.
    I think what he means is at soul level 99, you should concentrate on either dex, str, fat, int, or vit separately. All builds focus on more than one stat, even if its just trying to meet the minimum requirement on a vit gauge build. However, you can make a “quality” build (str/dex) at soul level 99 if you wanted to.

Myztyrio wrote:LunarFog, if that's your legit build, you absolutely suck at build-making.

To OP: If you want a fun, damaging build, try out something like this...
    Boom.

As far as this…you could do a lot of hosting. You wont get nearly as much pvp as you would around soul level 99, and I think it’s a poor choice for a beginner.
    If you wanna “twink”, go with the one I posted, you’ll see a lot more action.

RantFromRant wrote:str int are kinda hard to pull off, specially if youre gonna cap at sl 99 since you have to make some sacrifices if you really wanna have awesome dps which of course black magic can do, i would do something like this http://mmdks.com/11pr or http://mmdks.com/11pt or http://mmdks.com/11pu

These aren’t bad at all.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 pm

RantFromRant wrote:not really, i just wissh people had more originality because fighting the same build over and over is boring as hell. its like the school uniform of dks is mom,dingy,knight, hollow armor with gras crest shield and a katana.

I had this feeling but with mages. Every mage I fought wear a witch robe and had a MLGS. I would call it laziness or not having any idea what they really want. I can understand Dusk Crown for magic boost, but why having a big sword if you're focusing on spells??? Sometimes they don't even have poise so they try to stunlock they get stunlocked instead. Only 2 guys I've seen with a witch robe that weren't mages are reim and viral lol. Giant mom MLGS looks more legit seriously.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:48 pm

J have noticed that with the mages too lol you don't need when poise when you have pursuers and db, I hate how laggy they are, if it weren't for lag they'd be easy to beat.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:54 am

WyrmHero wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:not really, i just wissh people had more originality because fighting the same build over and over is boring as hell. its like the school uniform of dks is mom,dingy,knight, hollow armor with gras crest shield and a katana.

I had this feeling but with mages. Every mage I fought wear a witch robe and had a MLGS. I would call it laziness or not having any idea what they really want. I can understand Dusk Crown for magic boost, but why having a big sword if you're focusing on spells??? Sometimes they don't even have poise so they try to stunlock they get stunlocked instead. Only 2 guys I've seen with a witch robe that weren't mages are reim and viral lol. Giant mom MLGS looks more legit seriously.

This would be a valid point for you to consider, if this is one of your first builds. I say this because you've mentioned you want to use the MLGS, and the Zweh.

However, no weapon needs poise to function. Your ability to play with certain weapons without poise is a different aspect altogether. If you are not use to heavy weapons however, you should consider having a min of 31-36 poise. The only reason is because they swing so slowly.

In advanced pvp, you won't find yourself "spamming" R1 and poise loses some of its necessity, but not entirely. Some people incorporate certain poise breaks in thier build for the sole purpose of exploiting certain weapons and spells. In these cases, poise becomes incorporated into that persons playstyle.

In any case, playing without poise, when you're niether use to poise or spells might be a bad idea. If you've had poise builds before and understand the mechanics, then I digress and apologize.

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Why I wouldn't be spamming R1 in advance PvP? Spamming weapon that stunlock is a tactic. Some weapons have useless and slow roll/sprint attacks and R2s, like the little hammers for example. Best way to use them is to spam R1 to stunlock the opponent. For that it's better to have a high poise build (tank would be perfect). This way you tank say 3 curved sword hits while you attempt to win the spam battle by spamming as well and in the end stunlock them. Not all weapons have versatile movesets.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:31 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Why I wouldn't be spamming R1 in advance PvP? Spamming weapon that stunlock is a tactic. Some weapons have useless and slow roll/sprint attacks and R2s, like the little hammers for example. Best way to use them is to spam R1 to stunlock the opponent. For that it's better to have a high poise build (tank would be perfect). This way you tank say 3 curved sword hits while you attempt to win the spam battle by spamming as well and in the end stunlock them. Not all weapons have versatile movesets.

Because you’ll get parried and die. I also said:
    Animaaal wrote:In advanced pvp, you won't find yourself "spamming" R1 and poise loses some of its necessity, but not entirely. Some people incorporate certain poise breaks in thier build for the sole purpose of exploiting certain weapons and spells. In these cases, poise becomes incorporated into that persons playstyle.
    Spamming was also in quotations. I assume you use stunlock as a tactic, not mindless spamming.
    Maybe “mindless spamming” was the phrase I should have used. I thought that much was implied, I apologize.

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Parry is always a risk, I've been parried by just using a katana without spamming.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Risk is relative. I'm sure your risk compared to someone "mindlessly spamming" is much much lower.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm