Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
argetlam213
User1
bunnywink
vatar5
Argetlam350
WyrmHero
Sloth9230
11 posters

DUST SOULS Inc.(Dust 514 Corp.)

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

DUST SOULS Inc.(Dust 514 Corp.) Empty DUST SOULS Inc.(Dust 514 Corp.)

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 am

Corp Name: DUST SOULS Inc.

Ticker: DS514

Current CEO: Realia Blackheart AKA argetlam213

Directors: Sloth9230

Current Slots Available: 97

Dust Souls Inc. is an in-game "corporation" created so that we, the fans of the souls's series, can help each other out through the experience that is Dust 514.

Now then, some basic things about Corps.

They are similar to player created covenants, except that the game recognizes them as real entities. You can also think of them as "clans" from other FPS's, but they have a lot more sway. They are run by other players. These players create the rules, and decide who can join/gets kicked out of the corp.

Recruitment: Unlike most other corps, I don't care about your K/D ratio. I will gladly accept anyone, regardless of their skills on the field or whether they are a member of the forum. If I get replaced as CEO then I only ask that this stays that way.

In order to apply you must send in your application in game, simply telling the CEO or a Director to include you is not enough. To send in your application go to the corporation section of your neocom and search for the corp, either enter the corp name or ticker to find us. Feel free to invite your friends if you want.

Space is currently limited, first come first serve.

These are the current roles available:

Ceo: The Ceo can distribute ISK, approve applications and create/accept corp battles. Most importantly, only the CEO can increase the amount of members allowed in the corp. The amount of members allowed is determined by the Ceo's corp. management skills.

How we will go about CEOs is curretly undecided, we could have a permantent CEO or we could have elections.

Directors: They are assigned by the CEO. They can distribute ISK, approve applications and create/accept corp battles. They are essentially CEO's when the CEO is not around, treat them with respect.

*I am looking for specific things in directors. They must be well known members of these forums, members with experience in Eve are also preferable. EVE is well known for the scams that go on and therefore I will not place random people into these positions, I need people we can trust.

Mercenaries: Everyone else.

*CCP has said that they plan to add more roles in the future.

Corp Functions:

Chat: text chat for corps is free, use this to ask questions or just talk in general. Voice chat on the other hand requires that you purchase an in game item with real world money. It's not expensive, but not everyone will buy it so text chat is preferable out of fights.

*I've also heard that CCP plans to eventually include an in game open market, and that UVTs(the voice chat item) will be purchasable with in game money.

Voice Chat is free to squads or during fights however. Anyone can form a squad. Squads can include people from your corp or just friends, these people will be taken into battle with you. There can currently be 4 people in a squad, the squad leader(creator) decides what battles you will fight.

Corp Funds: This is money that has been donated by your fellow corp members, anyone can donate. Only the CEO and Directors can distribute the money to other people however. If you wish to borrow some ISK then ask either the CEO or a director. Do remember that this money is donated however, so if you borrow then do try to return it eventually. If nobody donates, then there's no money to give out.

This is why we need directors who can be trusted. A director can potentially steal all of a corps money, no one wants that.

Corp Warfare: As a corp we can challenge other corps to battles. These are 8 vs 8 and require a certain amount of ISK as collateral, The ISK gets taken from our Corp funds.

Most importantly... a Community: Dust 514 can be harsh place, corps allow us to help each other. Whether you use us for advice or to find people to play with, we're here to help you Point Forward

One last thing...
    In game conduct:

During Chat(voice or otherwise): I will not attempt to censor you; however, I do hope that you are respectful of others opinions. Trash talk is fine, this is a FPS after all; however, I will not tolerate racial, religious, or gender discrimination. If things do get out of hand, then either the CEO or a director will step in. Personally, I'd rather just be enjoying the game. If another member is harassing you and you don't like it, then ask them to stop. If they don't then contact the CEO or Director, we'll discuss how to handle the situation.

During battles: "Fight and hunt as you like. Whoever's fastest gets the prey." -Shiva. I won't encourage kill stealing, but I also won't punish it. Joking about it during a fight is fine, but it does not constitute a valid complaint so don't bug the higher ups with about it. If you have a problem with it, then get better at killing people faster. No one wants to hear you whine about how so and so stole your "kill" for an hour. It's just a game, have fun.

Also, no AFK's. It is possible to hang out in the dropship for an entire match and earn SP and ISk, don't do it. If you're not going to try and help your team, then get off the team. If you get caught repeatedly, you will be kicked out of the corp.

Last but not least, don't steal my ride. There won't be any repercussions, but I won't like you very much silly

If there's anything I've missed or that I'm misinformed about, feel free post it or PM me and I'll add/fix it. Also post any questions you still have, someone's bound to have an answer.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:34 am; edited 12 times in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

DUST SOULS Inc.(Dust 514 Corp.) Empty Re: DUST SOULS Inc.(Dust 514 Corp.)

Post by WyrmHero Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 am

I'll search for it as soon as I get online. Also I'll donate 300,000 ISK. Bow
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:40 am

Bump? silly
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:16 am

Well I guess it would give me a reason why to play the game. Haven't played it since the start of the first beta and it was really buggy which made me turn away from it. Hopefully a lot of problems have been fixed.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:17 am

Oh man,that's awesome!
    I also though that we could use Team Speak 3 for free,easier and less laggy voice chat.
    I'll apply as soon as possible! o/
    But yeah,Eve'a story has an awesome series of badass scam.
    There was a fake bank who ran away with all the money and the fake director who takes all the money from the corp fund is actually common so yeah,harsh place.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:30 am

Stop with the up-repps people! This is off-topic sad
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:51 am

I'll join tonight. big grin
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Is this PSN only? If so, shame on you. If not, I would like to join!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:24 pm

It is a PS3 exclusive, weren't you just talking about PSN though? silly
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Yes, but I don't have DkS on Ps3. I only have Demon's souls, and a fair few other games.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm

A'hhh. Well the game is free to play, you just need an online connection.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm

So who's gonna be directors?????
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:16 pm

I already made Sloth a director
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:24 pm

argetlam213 wrote:I already made Sloth a director

Joy lol
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Can someone explain DUST to me?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:40 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Can someone explain DUST to me?
    An explanation is at the first post.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Bah. I get what he's saying about the Corps. I'll just wikipedia it. Just did, actually. Sounds really neat, so I'll go ahead and download the beta. Cool.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:03 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Bah. I get what he's saying about the Corps. I'll just wikipedia it. Just did, actually. Sounds really neat, so I'll go ahead and download the beta. Cool.
    Ohhhhh.... Sorry.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:29 pm

silly
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Can someone explain DUST to me?

The game is a FPS/RPG. It's like most other shooters; however, you get to decide how your character grows. You can have average skills in everything, or you can specialize in certain roles. Think of it sort of like the fallout perk system, except it's a lot more complex. There are no levels, or anything of the sort, you just invest your exp into skills directly. You could potentially max out every skill, but that would take you a very long time... 7 years according to the devs, so it's best to specialize in something before trying to branch off.

You choose what equipment you take with you into battles. You do this by creating "fits". You have an unlimited amount of "starter fits", every other custom fit you create will require you to buy items though. Those items will be lost if you die, and replacing them becomes more expensive as you get access to better gear. Because of this, it's best for beginners to use starter fits as they build experience. All Items require you to invest in skills if you wish to use them, but most also have "militia" variants that require no skills and are cheaper. Militia equipment is weaker, and takes up more space in your fit, but it's good for experimenting with different play styles. Most people generally run militia or starter fits for random battles, so you shouldn't worry about having to big of a disadvantage. The better gear is expensive, so you should only resort to it if you really want/need an edge. You also don't want to make a big investment and then realize that it's not your style, militia items and starter fits are your friends.

Fights in Dust are also supposed to effect EVE, but I don't know to much about that.

Did that clear anything up? silly

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Sloth9230 wrote: Militia equipment is weaker, and take up more space in your fit

Yes and No.

Each dropsuit has a set amount of power (PG) and CPU. Each weapon, equipment, grenades, and modules take up a certain amount. The high level the item, the more it requires. A higher level dropsuit will have a higher PG and CPU cap but it is more expensive.

Also, there are items that you will find in the marketplace that have a blue outline. Those are called blueprint (BP) items and will not be consumed upon death. Therefore buying one BP item will last you forever but those generally cost AUR (AUR the special currency you buy with real money). Luckily, those tend to be lower level items and do cost quite a bit of AUR (they recently raised the cost of those items, even the militia BPs)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:58 pm

I meant when compared to lvl 1 equipment, I completely forgot about everything else silly
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Militia and Level 1 equipment are EXACTLY the same (militia weapons have a smaller clip size and take a bit more PG and CPU, but everything else is the same), the difference is of course that they are generally cheaper.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 pm

argetlam213 wrote:Militia and Level 1 equipment are EXACTLY the same

I just realized that :shock:

Now I'm wondering why I invested in a lvl 1 Heavy Machine Gun Look Skyward
    Ehh I was planning to take it up to level 2 anyway.
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Heavy Machine Guns don't have a militia equivalent. Not everything has a militia counterpart.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 am