!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 19 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Ahhotep1 on Sat May 25, 2013 9:31 pm

EXCELLENT! suggestions, so far!!! Planing this one will be interesting. twisted

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 19 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by RANT on Sun May 26, 2013 2:28 pm

best spot is upper btown, where the hell are you gonna ambush people in lower btown? upper btpwn there's so many ambush spots(if you know where to hide since you can see a lot and there's some very cool hidden spots) and so many ways to die to enemies and the environment. the only part that would suck is the red team losing out on luring the white team to the barbarians on the uppest(?) most part of btown since most people would think to go down instead of up.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz on Sun May 26, 2013 4:36 pm

GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPPPPPPPPPPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! TOOOOWNNNNNNNN! XD

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Sun May 26, 2013 4:52 pm

I will be making thorough recon runs in Btown today to decide the where and what of things. As always I will run thoughts and ideas by you guys. twisted

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Sun May 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Btown is going to be BAD *** devil

twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf on Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 pm

I know I went through it today myself but are you allowing all of it?

THE EXILED OF ARIAMIS hunt, with fierce dedication, those who enter the Painted World...Our Realm...and contemplate harm toward Our Queen. We also seek retribution for the past wrongs done to Our Queen and those She shelters.

You learn more from failure than from success.

"People have a lot of questions, So do I." Morgan Freeman

"I'm not racist, I'm a pianist, I push down both black and white"
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 am

twilightwarwolf wrote:I know I went through it today myself but are you allowing all of it?

Not sure yet Tw...but prolly not. One thing I have to keep in mind is "run time". Runs can't be too short or too long. I'll decided that today then post some options later. twisted

BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss on Mon May 27, 2013 8:15 pm

I can't wait for Btown, I hope I can make it! big grin

Exiled of Ariamis & proud of it. Rank: Council Member.

I pity the fool who steps up to painted lane! They call me PG dextrous 'cause I'll cut yo whole gang!

Join the Painting Guardians! https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t19608-the-exiled-of-ariamis-epoch-three-united-we-stand
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 pm

I am still in Btown looking into some other things for the event. But I have decided that it will best to use the Depths Bonfire then the shortcut stairs to the Blighttown door.

The "Drop Zone" will be on the platform right after the second ladder down just before the Dung Pie Dudes.

This will afford several benefits. 1) Easy access to a Bonfire. 2) A logical progression downward allowing for a bit of a comfort zone due to familiarity and a systematic search. Thus, not causing runs to be to long by having to back-track yet long enough. 3) White Team can not see where the Red Team goes...at all! devil

Currently, I am looking into possible "No Go Zones", if any. As well as the "Active Event Area" end-point.

This Is Going To Be Soooooo Much FUN!!!! twisted

Suggestions?

twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf on Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 pm

since it seems you've picked upper Blighttown id suggest that the end zone be at the area where you get the whip. the fog at that spot should allow for enough area to do this event. As for no go zones id say that with Blighttown upper there really isnt any spots that are too op rather id say try to not push the enemies off try to actually kill them. Out of curiousity is there a way to get to the side nearer New Londo without going to the floor? I ask because if you can get there through the upper area that it also is good and gives just a little bit more area. If not forget i asked.

THE EXILED OF ARIAMIS hunt, with fierce dedication, those who enter the Painted World...Our Realm...and contemplate harm toward Our Queen. We also seek retribution for the past wrongs done to Our Queen and those She shelters.

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:since it seems you've picked upper Blighttown id suggest that the end zone be at the area where you get the whip. the fog at that spot should allow for enough area to do this event. As for no go zones id say that with Blighttown upper there really isnt any spots that are too op rather id say try to not push the enemies off try to actually kill them. Out of curiousity is there a way to get to the side nearer New Londo without going to the floor? I ask because if you can get there through the upper area that it also is good and gives just a little bit more area. If not forget i asked.

Good suggestions Tw!! I am methodically working my way down with an "Event Mind Set" and will check out your last suggestion among others. twisted

BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss on Tue May 28, 2013 11:41 am

I think the place where you come from the depths should be the end zone, you could also make the leeches by the great hollow a no go, That's too far away and I know that I WOULDN'T follow the reds or whites over there.

I pity the fool who steps up to painted lane! They call me PG dextrous 'cause I'll cut yo whole gang!

Join the Painting Guardians! https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t19608-the-exiled-of-ariamis-epoch-three-united-we-stand
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:41 pm

BeeSeaEss wrote: I think the place where you come from the depths should be the end zone, you could also make the leeches by the great hollow a no go, That's too far away and I know that I WOULDN'T follow the reds or whites over there.

BeeS, are you saying that runs should start at the bottom or floor of BTown and go up? If so, would you explain why? biggrin

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Okay Everyone here is the "Active Event Area".

First, I would like to provide this link for vader spawn points in Blighttown and other areas just FYI. There are a total of 6 spawn points in Btown!!

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/invasion-spawn-locations

First, we will be going top to bottom and I have decided to include a portion of the swamp.

1) The entrance to Blighttown will be from the Depths.

2) The Drop Zone: Hosts will summon and Phantoms will drop their wss on the platform at the bottom of the first ladder.

3) The Host MUST open the fog gate below the Parasitic Wall Hugger.

4) Soul Level will be 100. Hosts will need to go to NG+ if they do not wish to make another build or level up an existing one. I will be taking a sl 100 build to NG+.

5)Invader must invade within the Blighttown area at the top NOT IN THE DEPTHS AREA!

"The invasion boundries for this location begins from The Depths entrance, includes the main path and wooden platforms along the way to the upper-bonfire. Ends before the stone walkway with the bonfire. Does not include the area beneath the Iato-holding corpse."

6) Runs will go from the Drop Zone at the top to the Swamp area immediately in front of and to the left of the last walkway only.

As one stands on the last walkway at the bottom facing the swamp you will see two large pillars to the right. DO NOT GO RIGHT BEYOND THOSE PILLARS.

All of the swamp area to the left of the pillars is apart of the Active Event Area.

Please Note: Though the runs will progress from the top down. This does not mean that the Red Team can not double-back on the White Team!! So, Watch-Out White Team!! devil

7) I timed an unimpeded run from the top to the bottom of the last walkway as if I were a Red Phantom or Vader. It took 3 minutes. So, I will be adjusting the "head-start" time to 2 minutes. Since the Host and Phantom may, more then likely, have to fight npc's on their way down. This will delay them long enough (I feel) to allow the Red Team to reach the bottom and set-up an ambush or trap in the Active swamp area as well as any where along the path down.

8) I will arrange some dummy runs with a red and npc's alive to hone the Head-Start time.

Comments?

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz on Wed May 29, 2013 12:05 am

sounds great 2 me cant wait 4 it 2 get started big grin

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Wed May 29, 2013 10:42 am

shadowzninjaz wrote:sounds great 2 me cant wait 4 it 2 get started big grin

Good Shadowz...lets get together and do some dummy runs in Btown today sometime. And it's prolly best that I get a phantom and rss or vader as well.

twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf on Wed May 29, 2013 7:02 pm

I'll join in if ya want and what part of the swamp are you allowing? I read what you said but im confused.

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Thu May 30, 2013 4:02 am

twilightwarwolf wrote:I'll join in if ya want and what part of the swamp are you allowing? I read what you said but im confused.

We will meet up tomorrow (er..today sometime). What part confused you? Not to worry, I still have to formally edit the Guerrilla Warfare OP and if it confused you it may well confuse others so a careful re-wording is in order. thumbs up

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Thu May 30, 2013 4:21 am

A Call to All Those Who Will Be Hosting the June 15th Event!

The soul level will be 100. Very few except hardcore pvp'ers (the pit) will have Quelaag alive in their world. Host's will need to go to NG+ or make another build where Quelaag remains alive.

I try to maintain this event so that it makes as few demands on participants as possible (making new builds) other then showing up and having FUN!! However, Hosts will need to make adjustments.

So, those who wish to Host please let me know as soon as possible. It is important that we have at least 5 Hosts ready to go at event start.

Hosts who need help going to NG+ or preparing a new build for the event let me know and I will be happy to assist you in anyway I can.

BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss on Thu May 30, 2013 11:50 am

Aw man, I figured out that I leave for my big bend trip on the 15th sad Oh well, I hope I can make the next one! big grin

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Thu May 30, 2013 1:46 pm

BeeSeaEss wrote: Aw man, I figured out that I leave for my big bend trip on the 15th sad Oh well, I hope I can make the next one! big grin

Haha!! I have friends in the Big Bend...a couple park rangers and a handful of Border Patrol Agents (who play Black Ops 2 together...can you imagine.).

Hmmmm, perhaps I should "instigate" a camp raid!! twisted devil

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Thu May 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Alright, I finished Btown runs a while ago and will edit the OP later. It looks like a 2 min Head Start will be good enough for all concerned.

Btown will afford quite the challenge but should prove to be a load of FUN as well!!!

I will also post some tips and tricks later. cheers

BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss on Fri May 31, 2013 10:25 am

Haha, funny :razz:
    2 minutes sounds reasonable enough for the red team. Since Upper BTOWN is so big.

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 pm

BeeSeaEss wrote: Haha, funny :razz:
    2 minutes sounds reasonable enough for the red team. Since Upper BTOWN is so big.

Don't know if you have ever been to the Big Bend area BeeS but it is AWESOME!!

Geologically it is totally fascinating. 25mya it was a volcanic Hell Storm. I even live at the foot of 3 (hopefully) extinct volcanoes. We get earthquakes occasionally and always wonder if one day the volcanic "plumbing" will change. worried

The Flora and Fauna are AMAZING! You can go from desert to Alpine as you drive up into the Chisos Basin which is the extinct caldera of a huge volcano. And can "see" the changes in vegetation as you ascend. Glorious!!

Saint Elena's Canyon on the Rio Grande is nothing short of MYSTICAL!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Fri May 31, 2013 12:36 pm

On a business note:

It is advised that all participants make their own "dry" runs in Btown from the top to the designated bottom of the Event Area. This area will prove a challenge to both teams!

Keep in mind that the Red Team will have optimal "sniping" opportunities. Cunning and Area Awareness will reap the advantages.

Also, it is highly suggested that you go to "options" (in the game) > "Controls" > "Camera Auto-Wall Recovery" and turn that "OFF"...if you don't have it off already. If "on" the camera can knock you off narrow walkways or near ledges if there is a structure that activates the auto wall recovery system.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Community Articles

Current date/time is Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:17 am