Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+68
DigitaLinsanitY
Graelaoch
Qyntius
Leet
Icegodzilla
SadPanda
einherje
TheDeviantKnight
OminousSquaffle
Kahldris_Ducard
Ahhotep1
Paragon
ViralEnsign_
shadowzninjaz
Hugh_G_Johnson
Wilkinson3424
Demon Slayer
Aigaios
iiProdigyv
Carphil
jewfrozack
Horrendus
Raijinilli
divinebeanpole
AlphaTrol
destutiodaemonis
Odinbear
Serious_Much
Dibsville
billy_bayonet
Maneater_Mildred
jaythibodeau
Sneezer
ExplodingPenguin
WaveringRadiance
Hokucho
Squashy_Avocado
sure-magicians
Forum Pirate
VMatrixX
eclipse prince
FattyOfDoom
FinPeku
Avenger649
trzzy
LordTransvalence
Jansports
grossemesser
Dieselzilla
mindbottiling_52
Fawkes
GravityBlast
User1
Halicarnassis
SpyderADK
sicktwist
Emergence
Yukon
robsthedon
Ghadis_God
FexDS
WandererReece
twilightwarwolf
BeeSeaEss
RANT
Acarnatia
Murkulanvippi
slowturtles
72 posters

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 35 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:58 am

EVENT AS BEGUN!!!!

Bookmark and don't forget to sign into all three Chatango Chats!
    And if you haven't read the OP
    this is a good time to do so!

First page of Op with the chat links

Also, we will NOT be using the Forum Chat Box for this event. It won't work right with the event mechanics. And just gum-up the works. So make sure that you are in the proper chat!

Thanks!
    twisted 

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 35 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:44 am

The Event is Officially Over!

After 12 hours, I along with a handful of others are totally exhausted. There were ups and downs but all in all a good time was had. I will be posting some comments later (when I can think straight). And as always participants constructive input is always welcome.

Thank You One and All for Participating.

Proper Bow 

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:26 am

Like I said, I'm always busy during these events, this weekend I'm away for a friend's wedding, dang.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:39 am

Dat sucks rant u missed out.

The event thou was so much fun alot of the runs where different and great except maybe like one or so but still was a great fun day for all who show up.

I kinda find it funny how everyone was using MLGS, i felt like i was the only pyro guy there XD
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:Dat sucks rant u missed out.

The event thou was so much fun alot of the runs where different and great except maybe like one or so but still was a great fun day for all who show up.

I kinda find it funny how everyone was using MLGS, i felt like i was the only pyro guy there XD
    Haha! Yes, I noticed the trend.
    There were many very well executed ambushes. One of your ambushes was flawless...the little pot that you were. big grin

+rep for you and I'm gonna tell you why...

There is a truly good side to you. One that is responsible, mature (for your age), and just simply a good person. It's that side of you that I came to know so long ago. Is it a facade? No, I don't think so. Why it is kept hidden behind those behaviors that have gotten you neg rep'd, I don't know. confused 
    However, neg rep's are given out too easily. Used as a weapon, even. While +reps are underused or simply abused.
    I saw the Shadz I use to know during the event and it was good. And that only enhances the fact that you are a damn good pvp'er, not take away from it. winking 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:21 pm

RANT wrote:Like I said, I'm always busy during these events, this weekend I'm away for a friend's wedding, dang.
    It's cool Rant. There will be others. Besides, real life is a tough act to follow. lol! 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:18 am

There will be streamlining and cosmetic changes made to the OP soon. I am currently reading through all the past posts of this thread. Many people have had some good ideas...so I am refreshing my memory. biggrin 

As always credit will be given where it is rightfully due. twisted 

And wish me luck...I'll have the capture software/hardware needed to stream this event by Oct 12th!!! As to how adept I will be by then is another question! silly 

And as always...Suggestions are always welcome!!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:And wish me luck...I'll have the capture software/hardware needed to stream this event by Oct 12th!!!
    surprised surprised surprised 
    AWESOME!!!
    Joy JoyJoy

Can't wait!  I'm looking forward to that.  Any thought to event location yet? #notIzalith

PS -- Good luck! winking 
    mindbottiling_52

Post by mindbottiling_52 Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Hey just a quick question, is DWGR allowed?
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 pm

mindbottiling_52 wrote:Hey just a quick question, is DWGR allowed?
    Yes it is and read the op to check out what is allowed and what isnt
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 am

The Township would be good for this, if it wasn't so active.
    Though I suppose the fact that it's DLC might hurt it as well.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:35 am

I would say parish for the next location, every been done yet and it's a big space with lots of rooms and open spaces, also non dlc :'D
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:42 am

shadowzninjaz wrote:I would say parish for the next location, every been done yet and it's a big space with lots of rooms and open spaces, also non dlc :'D
    Haha! Shadz has wanted to try the Parish for ages. What say everyone? Yay or nay?

And suggestions regarding the Parish will be nice, too. big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:29 am

I just did a nice little run through the Parish with the GW event in mind. I like!
    Next location will be THE UNDEAD PARISH.

DROP ZONE

Where you join the SunBro Covenant.

It's a very pleasant place for the Host and summons to hang while waiting, convenient bonfire nearby, and it will hopefully minimize random questers from summoning wss and others rss. Vaders spawn nearby, too.

OFF LIMITS AREAS For Event Runs

1) Wyvern Bridge
    2) Sewer Rat room

Notes (So far) and Suggestions

1) Hosts will have to make a new char or go to ng+. Mega Mule is not permitted.

2) Hosts open portcullis to Undead Paris, Gate to Church, and Fog Gate, and make sure Wyvern is busy elsewhere.  Or don't run out to slap her/him the "high-five". We don't want to inadvertently incinerate our vader. Hmmm, I think he flies away anyway.

3) Hosts KILL Tower Knight, Black Knight, Channeler. And the Boar, of course!

4) Use Alluring Skull to strategically "move" that nasty horde of zombies from the upper church level (where Channeler was) during each run.

5) As a suggestion you might want to have one or more of the following attuned if possible (especially if your primarily a Dex who has invested some points in Intelligence): Fall Control, Hush, Vow of Silence, Undead Report, and Aural Decoy to get the "charmed" moving and coming to your aid (Alluring Skull works, too). And various other "advantage reversing" spells. Some are especially good for a Dex with enough Int. (like me silly) who is teamed with an offensive magic user. But be careful with some spells.

6) Once again, please no spamming magic...let the runs have substance and be worth while for all who participate. Because I really don't want to ban anything more. Mix it up!!! Be creative.

Now, get out there and recon, memorize the environment. And come up with stunningly stealthy and cunning proto-plans.

And always remember... the Red Team may have the inherent red advantage and lead off advantage. But, by using your brain (not the lower one!), and anticipating trap and ambush areas and NOT running through the place with "balls to the wind and blind"   Evil Fex   the White Team can demolish any advantage the Red Team has!!!!

Many seem to want to be the Red Team because, lets face it...it is easier. DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM. twistedevil

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:13 am

When you say Mega Mule is not permitted do you just mean you have to be in NG + or NG+ with only NG+ spells stacks or no Mega Mule at all?  Also, is the lower part of the bridge open for play?  Hmm... I was thinking I'd have to check it every time, but I don't think that would be wise actually.  It's probably safer to risk getting out-flanked then traverse the blind corners there.  Also, I'm killing the Iron Boar too. winking
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:07 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:

5) Have the following attuned if possible: Fall Control, Hush, Vow of Silence, Undead Report, and Aural Decoy to get the "charmed" moving and coming to your aid (Alluring Skull works, too). And various other "advantage reversing" spells. Some are especially good for a Dex with enough Int. (like me silly) who is teamed with an offensive magic user. But be careful with some spells. 

How would you know if someone was using mega mule? And why do we have to have those attuned. What if we have no slots sad
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:51 am

@ Hugh:

1) Mega Mule is not permitted. Therefore you know the options if you wish to host. You either make a new char or take one to ng+.
    2) Note the two areas that are off limits. So, no under the bridge is not an option. The event area starts at the Dragon Bonfire just before the gate to the Undead Parish and does not include any portion of the Undead Burg beyond that. big grin

Killing the boar was a given! But I'll edit the above in case one might think they must leave it alive. silly

@ Leet:

1) How would one know if someone has a MM? One would not know definitely. Even a helmet and small stature is not definitive. It's an honor thing. MM's are not permitted...most will abide. Others, well...there are always those who don't care. But it has been my experience (at least in the past) that the majority do have the integrity to honor stated rules.
    Besides, over time it seems people can figure who is "sneaking" a MM. But again, I will not impose "remove your helmet now or meet a gruesome fate" kind of thing. Or.."your small and your skin is odd looking...omg! your a MM!!". lol! 

It is simply based on ones integrity to honor stated rules.

2) Those spells are nothing more then "suggestions" that could be useful and come in handy. Nothing more. No one is being told what spells they "must" have equiped.
    They are quite simply spells, if used, that could make for some interesting situations.
    Call it a simple reminder that there are other spells that can turn the advantage around. cool

Ps: Though I do see how the wording may have given you that impression. I will fix that. happy
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm not trying to argue. But, how would one using MM effect the event? I'm not understanding here. 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:13 pm

I have updated the update. So, hopefully it is more clear.

And Leet it's good you don't wish to argue. big grin Me either. But nor do I feel like going into running posts over the MM.

MM is a hacked mule. It is not permitted. Operative word is "hacked".

Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:41 pm

It's a modded save file. But okay. A lot of the people who actually come to this use MM. It doesn't hurt the event one bit. I'm just letting you know. You're gonna limit yourself even more than it is.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:53 pm

A re-post with the clarifications added. big grin 

I just did a nice little run through the Parish with the GW event in mind. I like!
    Next location will be THE UNDEAD PARISH.

DROP ZONE

Where you join the SunBro Covenant.

It's a very pleasant place for the Host and summons to hang while waiting, convenient bonfire nearby, and it will hopefully minimize random questers from summoning wss and others rss. Vaders spawn nearby, too.

OFF LIMITS AREAS For Event Runs

1) Wyvern Bridge
    2) Sewer Rat room

Notes (So far) and Suggestions

2) Hosts open portcullis to Undead Paris, Gate to Church, and Fog Gate, and make sure Wyvern is busy elsewhere. Or don't run out to slap her/him the "high-five". We don't want to inadvertently incinerate our vader. Hmmm, I think he flies away anyway.

3) Hosts KILL Tower Knight, Black Knight, Channeler. And the Boar, of course!

4) Use Alluring Skull to strategically "move" that nasty horde of zombies from the upper church level (where Channeler was) during each run.

5) As a suggestion you might want to have one or more of the following attuned if possible (especially if your primarily a Dex who has invested some points in Intelligence): Fall Control, Hush, Vow of Silence, Undead Report, and Aural Decoy to get the "charmed" moving and coming to your aid (Alluring Skull works, too). And various other "advantage reversing" spells. Some are especially good for a Dex with enough Int. (like me silly) who is teamed with an offensive magic user. But be careful with some spells.

6) Once again, please no spamming magic...let the runs have substance and be worth while for all who participate. Because I really don't want to ban anything more. Mix it up!!! Be creative.

Now, get out there and recon, memorize the environment. And come up with stunningly stealthy and cunning proto-plans.

And always remember... the Red Team may have the inherent red advantage and lead off advantage. But, by using your brain (not the lower one!), and anticipating trap and ambush areas and NOT running through the place with "balls to the wind and blind" Evil Fex the White Team can demolish any advantage the Red Team has!!!!

Many seem to want to be the Red Team because, lets face it...it is easier. DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM. twistedevil
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:06 pm

What about hosts resting at the bonfire after every match to reset the NPCs for the red team?

Last event when the host and phantom would win they'd go back to the drop zone and when the red would go to hide there would be no enemies. That's the only thing red has got going for them.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Suggestions on a soul level change? I was thinking maybe sl 55 this time. Though the event will not go higher then sl 100 at this time.

Chime in, my friends. big grin

Btw...I am reading all suggestions both past and what may come. And will respond in synopsis later! winking 
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:01 am

i think the sl should stay the same,like why change it up, when it has been such a perfect lvl for builds and stuff for this event.

:"D I have been waiting to do this at the parish for so long, So good to see it being used for this event #CantWait4It
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:58 am

Sl50

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm