Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
EeAyEss
densetsushun
Jodecho
7 posters

Just picked up DeS

Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Just picked up DeS Empty Just picked up DeS

Post by Jodecho Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 am

so as the title said i just now got to play DeS. ive done about every challenge run there is for DkS (all the common ones anyways) but ive never so much as watched a DeS video. i knew i would pick it up one day and i didnt want to spoil anything. the first time i played DkS i went through it without any help from the internet and id like to do that with DeS too. ive heard the crystal lizards will dissapear forever if you dont kill them fast enough on here, but besides that is there any spoiler free pointers i can get or little things i should know before i start playing that could potentially ruin my first playthrough?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Just picked up DeS Empty Re: Just picked up DeS

Post by densetsushun Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:39 am

Nothing really, just the usual stuff like being mindful of your stat allocations.

Crystal Lizards in DeS works with a counter system, everytime you encounter one the counter goes up. The higher it is, the less chance you have of encountering one.

There's world and character tendency.

Magic/miracles work differently, instead of attuning scrolls and a separate attunement stat, intelligence increases attunement and you have infinite casting so long as you have mana.

Last point would be that DeS is not as linear as DkS, so it's both less forgiving with regards to how you wanna go through the game, and yet easier to get to places you wanna be early on. You'll see what I mean.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 am

About the crystal lizards:

There is a counter, though it works like this:

Say you visit the first world. You have a lizard counter of one. Every lizard in that level has 1 life. It dies, no more life for that singular lizard. Every time you kill a boss, the counter goes up. So all lizards that haven't been touched get another life, and those that have died come back to life. Savy?

Also, when a lizard dies/disappears, the counter goes down. So yes, you have to be quick about it. silly
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:59 am

I wouldn't even ask this. Just accept that your 1st run through will not be perfect (in terms of doing everything) and that it's not meant to be.
    The difficulty will already be mitigated by your (vast, I presume) experience in DkS, asking any questions at all will lessen the experience IMO.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Be aware that Magic is wholly overpowered, and by using it you'll be doing things on easy street.

Armor is a lot more forgiving, with you being able to fast roll at %50 encumbrance.

...and above all else...INVADE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD INVADE PEOPLE, I WANT FIGHTS DAMMIT!

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 pm

the only advice i have is to keep an eye on the tendency for each of the five worlds in Demon's. new events, enemies and areas will pop up in Pure White and Pure Black tendency. so be sure to explore an area you've already cleared a second time to find any possible world tendency events.

to change world tendency, you need to either die in human form (moves closer to pure black) or kill a boss, named black phantom or a primeval demon (moves closer to pure white). by the way, primeval demons only appear during pure black world tendency.

each crystal lizard you find only spawns ONCE so kill the little bastards as fast as you can. each crystal lizard will spawn one additional time for each boss you defeat. be careful when hunting crystal lizards though, FROM likes to put them in places that will lead you into a trap.
    DJPSP360
    DJPSP360

Post by DJPSP360 Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Need help over Demon's Souls? I can help you defeat bosses.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am