Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Walter_White
FullSpe3D
Sentiel
Marino.
ErrJon6661
Glutebrah
GrinTwist
RANT
Soris Ice Goldwing
The Letter X
Anchises
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
16 posters

1 second invasion

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

1 second invasion - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 second invasion

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Interesting. I imagine pyro would work pretty well there actually.

Don't worry, I'll make sure some greifers also donate to the humanity cause. I'll be in human form. winking

Even though I prefer hard humanity to soft humanity in general.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:35 pm

All the optional boss areas have always been PvP hotspots.

...as one might imagine.
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:45 am

my maximum is 8 in the depths. i also kill the rats by where the channeler is. Average is 2 per run.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:13 pm

The invasion was not instant; you can get invaded as soon as you enter the depths. I've been invaded a few times before I even get to the door of the bonfire room. But, it is definitely a hot spot for invasion, especially the low level cool guys.

Off topic rant of farming: I read somewhere in one of the wikis that the symbol of avarice stacks with the serpent ring even though it doesn't show. I don't have any science to back it up, but it does seem to work (if nothing else you get extra souls). I used to avoid farming there, but I don't mind it now. You can do a quick lap kill 24 rats and be right at the shortcut to the bonfire. I don't even use the bone, cause the return trip is just as quick as loading. The pisacas seem to have a better drop rate, but there's only 10 and you can't warp directly to and from the area.

The dead babies in the TotG are a giant pain, but are an infinite source of humanity. They're tough to hit with a lot of weapons, but the claymore 2H R2 will kill any in its normal hitbox (which is huge). If your a faith character you can farm white chunks and slabs, too. It's possible (and not that hard -- I tried it after seeing a vid of a guy doing it without any light) go from the first bonfire to the skeleton towers past where Paladin Leeroy invades without engaging those stupid 4-legged skeletons (I did it on my 1st run once and the black knight was even kind enough to suicide and give me his drops big grin ). I average about 1.5 collected per minute. I say collected, because you're bound to miss some. I just try to loot every corpse blind. You can use humanities to heal and build up your soft count, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am