Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Sentiel
Walter_White
6 posters

PvP (Darkwraith) SL55 Build

Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP (Darkwraith) SL55 Build Empty PvP (Darkwraith) SL55 Build

Post by Walter_White Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 am

Hi,

after the Ceasless Assault i made some optimization for my SL55 build - how about that?
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=362944873827665915

Or better Silver Knight Shield and Zweihander?

Also one question:
    Last night i fougt a guy in Anor Londo. I poisoned him at the start of the fight with poison throwing knifes and then turtled the rest of the fight with an Greatshield, only one hit i landed to finish him off. He got mad, when he realized, that i wont let him heal or use moss. So he took out the shotel and tried to hit me behind my shield...but he didn't manage to hurt me at all.
    Was it just him not using R2 Attack, or does the shotel not hit you behind a Greatshield?

And i got some rude messages from him after the fight....is it so unfair to poison the Oponent?
    The guy i killed with PvP (Darkwraith) SL55 Build 2324285107 an hour before had every right to send some hatemail - don't throw sh1t on a girl, they don't like it ;-)

cu walter
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

PvP (Darkwraith) SL55 Build Empty Re: PvP (Darkwraith) SL55 Build

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:47 am

Shotel's R2 bypasses all shields. He probably missed, or used R1 instead of R2.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:52 am

Sounds like you might have been using the GS of Artorias that shield has certain protective status properties which probably gave better shielding.

As for poison, no, it isn't cheap. It hardly does any damage at all. Whenever I get poisoned I just shrug it off. Doesn't affect me in the least. If he/she really wanted to use moss they could have found a way. It's hardly impossible.
    Informidance
    Informidance

Post by Informidance Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Yes , posining isnt cheap its just part of the hardships of dark souls. Hell it isnt supposed to be easy. xD
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:56 pm

Zweihander would be better with those stats because it has higher Str scaling than Dex. However, I think it's a bit unwise to try scaling at that level unless you're very experienced and want to sacrifice HP/End for higher damage. Also, the Zweihander is a poor weapon to turtle with. It's 1h attacks are rather slow and weak, it really only shines when you 2h it, which defeats the purpose of turtling. Poisoning your enemy and turtling is a very slow and painstaking way to fight as well, are you really having fun watching their HP tick down 2 at a time?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:27 pm

GSoA isn't very helpful in PvP. You don't need the insane stability. You can't parry. It's magic defense is horrible. It is too heavy.

The Zwei is best 2H. It is faster, and you can drop your Str to 27 and up your Vit or End.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks for the tips - so i go elemental like this?
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=340801820693582496

Split damage - lets have a look if this works better.

At Ceaseless Assault and in the moment i PvP with a build nearly the same like the one in the first post, only wasted Stats on Faith....what i never use.
    That buils is working, manage to get 50/50 win/loss and better in pure Duell...or lets say if i meet a quester alone, or let me get invaded in burg (hunting Darkwraith that way is funny) and start a fair duell with him.

Poison and PvP (Darkwraith) SL55 Build 2324285107 was just for fun, because i got bored of killing lonely quester with two R2 2handed Zweihander hits - played with my mouse like a cat PvP (Darkwraith) SL55 Build 1654978144

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm