Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

SOPA and PIPA

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

SOPA and PIPA Empty SOPA and PIPA

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:02 pm

If you live in the United States you've probably heard about these two bills in the process of getting passed. If you don't live in the United States please bear with me as these two laws may have adverse effects on countries all over the world.

At their face SOPA and PIPA intend to "end internet piracy". Basically halt the illegal downloading of any sort of digital material. Music, movies, games, software you name it. However, the laws do much more than that. The law blocks US based websites from containing links to websites outside of US borders, and prevents people from viewing websites with IP addresses outside of the US. These bills give owners of intellectual material (music, video ect..) the right to sue anyone using it in any way shape or form other than its intended purpose. So lets say you and your friend make a video after a night of drinking singing Poker Face by Lady Gaga. If that goes on youtube both you and youtube are in danger of legal action by these laws. Websites like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr are all in danger with these laws. Even forums like this will be effected if they pass.

Don't just take it from me though, theres a lot more at play here and I encourage you to do the research yourself, draw your own conclusion and if you feel it necessary as I do, take action. A lot of people are taking action through the very sites these laws could shut down. At the least tell a friend about this.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

SOPA and PIPA Empty Re: SOPA and PIPA

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:15 pm

O boy

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am