Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
reim0027
Acarnatia
Ghadis_God
Animaaal
robsthedon
RANT
WyrmHero
Informidance
12 posters

Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********?

Poll

Should Roll BS Be Removed?

[ 13 ]
    Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********? I_vote_lcap57%Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********? I_vote_rcap [57%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********? I_vote_lcap43%Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********? I_vote_rcap [43%] 

Total Votes: 23
    Informidance
    Informidance

Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********? Empty Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********?

Post by Informidance Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Ive gotten tired of getting roll bss'd maybe somehow they could add extra invincible frames for the rolls?

Last edited by Informidance on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********? Empty Re: Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********?

Post by WyrmHero Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Yes yes yes!!!!!!!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********? Empty Re: Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********?

Post by RANT Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 pm

I think he meant getting bsed while you're rolling, I say no to more iframes.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 pm

I'm tired of people moaning about roll bs.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Damn...I voted no because I thought he was talking about being punished for his mistakes...

...I CHANGE MY MIND TO YES!!!

I have an idea too...1/2 sec.... :roll:

***EDIT***

To the op, you should change the title.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:00 pm

OP, roll BS is when you roll through the enemy's attack to their back and then bs him. More i-frames would make that process easier.

Also, getting bsed while you roll is not even a lack of i-frames, but latency. On their screen, you weren't rolling when they bs you. Also, don't show your back to the enemy if you don't want to be bsed.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:15 pm

I think a better solution is to remove some of the invincibility frames from rolling.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:23 pm

No. No.

We need to stop complaining about this thing and learn how to counter it. Unlock and hit behind you. Wear Thorn Armor to negate damage (if they take damage rolling through you). Don't put yourself in a position where you can be roll BS (so don't get close and do an attack with prolonged recovery frames). Don't turtle excessively. Unlock. Roll. Use DWGR to roll further. Unlock, GC of BF.

If we get rid of roll BS, then other things will become OP. Like poise gouged Str weapons. Maybe we should get rid of poise then. Turtling. Well, maybe we should get rid of shields. Spears. Too long, OP obviously. WoG, Dark Magic, etc.

Everything in this game has a counter to it. So, learn to counter it and not put yourself in the position to be taken advantage of.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Wait....what are we talking about anyway?

I vote to remove lag <-----sarcasm <---also sarcasm happy
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Lol I love how none of us really know what the op is talking about
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:06 pm

It is kinda confusing. The poll and topic title are about removing roll BS entirely. While his post is about increasing the i-frames in rolls.

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:03 pm

reim0027 wrote:It is kinda confusing. The poll and topic title are about removing roll BS entirely. While his post is about increasing the i-frames in rolls.

im pretty sure hes talking about getting bs'ed while youre rolling, like ghad said. it sucks but its lag so you can't do anything.
    Fossil
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Fossil Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Roll BSing is a perfectly legit tactic. Being BSd while rolling makes absolutely no fking sense. I'm pretty sure OP is talking about the latter.
    Informidance
    Informidance

Is being backstabbed while rolling total ********? Empty You think Being Backstabbed While Rolling Is ********?

Post by Informidance Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Informidance wrote:Ive gotten tired of getting roll bss'd maybe somehow they could add extra invincible frames for the rolls?
    Informidance
    Informidance

Post by Informidance Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:30 pm

@reim , im not talking about removing it completely , just makeing it a bit harder. i mean if its there its there but maybe 1 extra frame would help.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Perhaps we just taking out rolling entirely, and replace it with a series of skips while doing jazz hands. But keep the i-frames, because trolololol.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 pm

befowler wrote:Perhaps we just taking out rolling entirely, and replace it with a series of skips while doing jazz hands. But keep the i-frames, because trolololol.

I am behind this idea 100%.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:25 am

IMO, the only thing wrong with backstabs is the large window. You should actually be behind them to BS them.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:34 am

When someone rolls behind you to bs you and you roll away it looks downright stupid. The game allows you to do the roll and pulls you to bs in middle of your iframes. I think that is what OP is talking about.

Sometimes when I roll bs someone, I can clearly see a frame, or two of their roll and how I pull them back to my sword. Seeing it happen to me, I just shrug it off as a work of latency (not to mention my stupidity to allow them to pull roll bs on me), but when you actually see yourself pull someone from their roll iframes into a your bs... It's bad...

Whenever it happens to me, I always feel bad about it, because I know how that must've looked on the other guy's screen. Sort of feels as if I cheated, or something...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Sentiel wrote:When someone rolls behind you to bs you and you roll away it looks downright stupid. The game allows you to do the roll and pulls you to bs in middle of your iframes. I think that is what OP is talking about.

AFAIK, that is due to lag.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm