Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
LunarFog
6 posters

Dark Souls x Monster Hunter

Poll

Would Monster Hunter skills improve dark souls?

[ 1 ]
    Dark Souls x Monster Hunter I_vote_lcap14%Dark Souls x Monster Hunter I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Dark Souls x Monster Hunter I_vote_lcap43%Dark Souls x Monster Hunter I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Dark Souls x Monster Hunter I_vote_lcap43%Dark Souls x Monster Hunter I_vote_rcap [43%] 

Total Votes: 7
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls x Monster Hunter Empty Dark Souls x Monster Hunter

Post by LunarFog Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:02 pm

So I heard from a source(I think it was VaatiVidya) that the new director of Dark Souls 2 worked with Monster Hunter. And that got me thinking:

"What if the Souls franchise incorporated some Monster Hunter traits into it's games from now on?"

I always thought that Dark souls and monster hunter almost had similar playstyles. In fact, I used to describe dark souls gameplay as "like monster hunter but way faster and with pvp and backstabs". There was one general idea that stuck out in particular that I think would really make Dark Souls better and that was the armor skills.

TL:DR
    In monster hunter, whenever you got a single piece of armor, it came with skills(usually about 1-4) that would usually activate once you got to 10. Each piece of armor would also have 1-3 slots where you can add extra points into a skill. This would change Dark Souls so that the armor isn't just about having the most defense while being under your weight limit and would probably add a lot of variety. Plus the skills would add an entire new level of character making.

List of examples(what they do) - and possible armor that would have the skill:

Flame resist(Extra defense against fire by a percantage) - Pyromancer set/ Gold hemmed robe

Durability+(increases durability of all held weapons by a percentage) Crystal weapons lose 50% instead of 90% of their total durability) - Crystal set

Critical+(increases backstabs/ripostes by a percentage - Thief set/Hollow thief set

Phantom stealth(dramatically decreases the glowing effect of being a phantom) - Black Sorcerer set/ Ninja set/ Chester set

Any other ideas?

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dark Souls x Monster Hunter Empty Re: Dark Souls x Monster Hunter

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:41 pm

on a slightly related note, monster hunter 3 ultimate comes out in the u.s on march 19th

as for armor skills, does that include the armor slots and the crystal things you put in them to customize you're effects? if so where would you find them and what ones would exist?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 pm

I voted "Yes and rings".

Never played Monster Hunter. I just like the way Lunar described it. Sounds pretty cool.

The only thing I'd reference would be the old upgrade paths from Demon's Souls. Make just about any weapon a dex weapon, and just about any weapon a strength weapon...so on...and so forth....
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:51 pm

I hate to be that guy but the new director wasn't involved in Monster Hunter, he has the same surname but that's about it.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Onion Knight wrote:I hate to be that guy but the new director wasn't involved in Monster Hunter, he has the same surname but that's about it.

Yep many misinformation out there.

The new director only worked in Another Century, or something like that, is another From Software game.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:05 pm

I love monster hunter but the skills system would really make the game really unbalanced.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 pm