Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Getting back into Demon's Souls. Blueblood Sword - Good idea?

Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Getting back into Demon's Souls. Blueblood Sword - Good idea? Empty Getting back into Demon's Souls. Blueblood Sword - Good idea?

Post by Myztyrio Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 pm

I see that Blueblood Sword stat requirements(18/18/18/18) allows for a lot of versatility in having high enough str/dex to wield most (dragon path) weapons. The int would allow for enchantments and support, and the faith would allow for second chance, heal, etc.

Is this build plausible? I would simply use the 4x 18 setup, along with probably 40 vit/end and 20-40 luck for the blueblood sword. Any tips?
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Getting back into Demon's Souls. Blueblood Sword - Good idea? Empty Re: Getting back into Demon's Souls. Blueblood Sword - Good idea?

Post by Demon Slayer Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 pm

lol!

Yea men BBS is a goos wep for the game i highly recommend to use it

Its has good damage and you can use it with curse blade

It kicks *** men, i asure you that

Perhaps we can co op?
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Getting back into Demon's Souls. Blueblood Sword - Good idea? Empty Re: Getting back into Demon's Souls. Blueblood Sword - Good idea?

Post by Myztyrio Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Demon Slayer wrote: lol!

Yea men BBS is a goos wep for the game i highly recommend to use it

Its has good damage and you can use it with curse blade

It kicks *** men, i asure you that

Perhaps we can co op?

We should :3

Would you be interested in doing a BBS playthrough with me? It would probably mean skipping straight to 4-1 and 5-1, 5-2 after the Phalanx :shock:

And would cursed weapon be more effective than light weapon? I already use cursed on my strength build so I was thinking of going light this time since it does both physical and magic damage without buffs. Magic would probably be the one to enhance, IMO.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Curse Weapon is like Power Within, so you're better off using that one. For Enchanted Weapon you need 30 Int minimum imo. Get Luck to 30 and the rest to Vit/End.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Blueblood Sword is not versatile. BBS is a highly specialized weapon. You can make a BBS Mage, but that puts a lot of strain on your stats (At SL 125, anyways), and your magic won't be very powerful. If you want versatility, make a Quality build or a Spellsword or something.

If you want to make a BBS build anyways, your general goals should be ~40 Vitality, ~35 Endurance, 15 Intelligence, 18 Strength, 18 Dexterity, 30 Magic, 18 Faith, ~25 Luck. Get Insanity Catalyst and either Talisman to cast Light Weapon and Second Chance respectively. Whatever armor you want so long as you're fast-rolling.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 am

So you recommend 30 magic over more intelligence for mp/attunement, 30 luck for more power on the BBS, and 40 rather than 35 end?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:30 am

Having more mana and spell slots won't help you if you don't have the magic to cast powerful spells. In any case, you ought to have 30 magic on a BBS build since LW gets really great returns up to that point. Luck is good anywhere from 20 to 30, Endurance is good anywhere from 30 to 40. I think 37, or maybe it was 38, was enough endurance to do a full 6 hits with 2H R1. But that's not an especially useful breakpoint to hit.

Last edited by Saturday-Saint on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:31 am

I totally forgot that you can't use cracked ToB for minimum Curse Weapon HP drain so CW is a no go (18/18 required for BBS). Pretty much what saint said.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 am

It'll be something like this:

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=171737769888870861
    JumpsU3vs1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JumpsU3vs1 Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 am

Knight Sword is the same moveset as BBS, and you don't need to make a retarded build to use it. Just a STR build with curse weapon. And the great thing is you got other weapon options like Claymore, mirdin hammer, G axe, DBS (personal favorite). STR builds rock in Demon's Souls.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:26 pm

JumpsU3vs1 wrote: STR builds rock
    But every Dark Souls player know that Strength builds are never allowed to be good!
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:32 pm

@WyrmHero - yeahhhh xD

@Jumps - My other SL120 is a strength build. The idea is that I want to try something new.

@SaturdaySaints - Thanks, that's helpful.

I'd also like to know... Am I better off just doing a dex build? I feel like I'll be open to more that way, but then again, this looks fun and unique.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:41 am

If you already have a strength build, making a dex build gives you access to every weapon in the game.

BBS build isn't bad at all (kind of annoying to use in PvE) but if you're looking to use a bunch of different weapons, avoid a BBS build.
    JumpsU3vs1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JumpsU3vs1 Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:14 am

TOB mage with a Storm Ruler is the cheapest build in the game if you know how to use it. I don't think there is a comparable build in OPness in Dark Souls.

Our jumper squad has been owned a few times by tornado hats using storm rulers :oops:. The only build we ever lost to. Now at least one of us is using that build. The last loss we took, is the guy retreated around a doorway, and knocked one of us down, and the other 2 of us rushed in, and didn't know he was casting firestorm, and we all got 1hko'd. I wasn't even mad, I thought it was freaking hilarious. Even congratulated the guy.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 pm

In Demon's Souls, it wasn't a real tournament unless you had at least one guy with a fireruler.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:43 am