Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
EeAyEss
Argetlam350
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
BIG TIME MASTER
Noob-of-Artorias
WyrmHero
mugenis4real
Juutas
15 posters

Deep Down (working title for the new PS4 game)

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Deep Down (working title for the new PS4 game) Empty Deep Down (working title for the new PS4 game)

Post by Juutas Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 am

Now...this.....LOOKS COOL!
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Deep Down (working title for the new PS4 game) Empty Re: Deep Down (working title for the new PS4 game)

Post by mugenis4real Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:22 am

Seriously AWESOME cheers
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Deep Down (working title for the new PS4 game) Empty Re: Deep Down (working title for the new PS4 game)

Post by Juutas Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:24 am

I can't f*cking believe that is the actual game footage! and here I was thinking "c'mon how much better can the next gen look?" haha!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 am

Epic.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 am

This trailer stinks of CGI to me, Capcom has pulled this before. If the game DOES look like that in real time, It had my money it just does.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 am

This is exactly what I want to see in the future. Dark Souls has paved the way for games like this.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 am

This does look pretty damn cool. I like the fairly realistic and mundane character models in particular. I agree with BTM that it seems to walk on the Dark Souls road to some degree. My take was that it was mixed CGI and gameplay with not much difference between the two. It would be nice if that was the case because those are awesome looking areas, characters, etc. Maybe they'll mix real time battle with CGI or cinematic moments.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am

...You guys know that technically all game graphics are CGI right? The term's only really applicable in film and television in contrast to live action and CGI sequences.

Any way the game looks good, shame it's on the next generation console.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Looks good but it's being made by Capcom so I'm hesitant. I've been burned far to many times by them to trust them. I'll wait for the review of this game before I consider picking it up.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Serious, of course we know that but slang is valid too winking
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 pm

My only concern is the little messaging thing at the end. I want my medieval realms to be f♫cking medieval.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 pm

I believe that was a clue that this game will have a online mode similar to DKS.

Also that it will be difficult enough to warrant the need for help.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:03 pm

True, but the text gave me a sci-fi feel. The game looks beautiful, though. That dragon, though, doesn't really look like a Dragon to me.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:12 pm

It looks different, that's for sure. Something like a cross between a dinosaur and a camel. But to me, that's cool. Aside from the fire breathing, it's a believable creature. It just barely pushes the envelope, and that's what I like the best. It's like you are playing a tall-tale adventure an old knight might tell at an ale house. In truth, the fire breathing dragon was just a pissed llama, but with a little embellishment you have a really cool adventure.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:13 pm

True enough. But do dragons really have to be believable? I like the look, for sure, but it doesn't look like what I would consider a dragon.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:17 pm

I know. That's exactly what I thought at first. Then that's why I started to like it more.

It is something different from what we are used to. In a way it has a more medieval look about it. I like it. The Dragons in DKS and Dragons Dogma looked cool, but this thing looks hideous and realistic, like a real life dragon would more likely look like. Just my opinion though.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:19 pm

And I'll bet this game will feature more than one type of fire breathing lizard monster with wings.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Yeah. I also liked how the dude was able to stand in the stream of fire with his shield. It's actually realistic, because fire doesn't really have mass. (I think.) So it really shouldn't burn your stamina.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Did you notice the shield was becoming red hot?

About the CGI, if you blow it up to fullscreen and turn on HD, it doesn't look like CGI to me. It looks like games now but with better texturing and atmospheric effects. I'm no expert though.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 pm

There's certainly potential there. I'll be monitoring this game's growth.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 pm

I think most of the scenes showed similar levels of graphics. They can do it similar to Dark Souls (the one example I know we've all seen). Like the cut scene with the crow or any monster entrance scene. It's a cut scene sequence, but they don't up the graphics really or do anything crazy. I always felt it helped me to stay immersed in the game. There's no change in the reality they're creating. However, I stated earlier I felt it was a blend of both cut scene and gameplay. That's because of camera angles and other elements though, not graphics changes. Honestly, there's not much difference from the dialogue scenes to the roaming ones. The dragon fight looks like it contains a monster entrance scene with some real time game play. There also looks like one point where you're POV from the character looking up at the dragon for a blended type of fight. Like in Uncharted Golden Abyss, there's a couple of fistfights at the end where you're mostly watching and waiting but when the enemy does "x" there's a prompt to counter it, etc. So you're still controlling the character to some degree but it captures that cinematic moment better.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:43 pm

that dragonic thing looked alot like the drakes from dks, with that single tooth/horn out the front of its upper mouth.... and it had kingseeker frampt ears...
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:47 pm

^lol
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 pm

People need to stop camparing this to to dks, its the monster hunter I've always wanted.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Well, its similar can't deny that. And it looks awesome! Lets hope its a true trailer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm