Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
C0rs0n64
quench
sure-magicians
grossemesser
mofomey
FinPeku
Soris Ice Goldwing
The Letter X
Phoenix Rising
Murkulanvippi
Fry1156
crbngville2
WaLKA
Rynn
WyrmHero
kazumoshi
Sneezer
Jansports
Emergence
reim0027
Animaaal
leonardo503
EeAyEss
Jodecho
Forum Pirate
AnCapaillMor
XachAttack
Maneater_Mildred
The Once-Ler
33 posters

Things I miss about PvP here

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Things I miss about PvP here - Page 5 Empty Re: Things I miss about PvP here

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 pm

I count 19 people expressing interest.......

I'd volunteer to run it, but my connection is shoddy and I lack people skills, so it is probably best left to somebody else.

If he's willing (he's on a bunch anyways) I'd nominate Reim this time around. Good with people, leadership experience, knowledgeable, reasonably pragmatic. He's also a mod, so he's likely to remain neutral in disputes and can forcefully relegate them to PM's, in the highly unlikely case that it becomes necessary.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 pm

I second what Forum said, for what my "seconding" is worth.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:20 pm

I agree with Forum as well.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Also agreeing with forum.
    In regards to SL, I suppose everyone should have at least one 100 on reserve by now. Perhaps it could be once again related simply to what people are interested in that night?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:29 pm

kazumoshi wrote:Also agreeing with forum.
    In regards to SL, I suppose everyone should have at least one 100 on reserve by now. Perhaps it could be once again related simply to what people are interested in that night?
    I think that's a good idea. And honestly, I don't even mind fighting sl 120 builds with my sl 100 builds. Disadvantage or not. So i don't really care about the SL.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:37 pm

crbngville2 wrote:

I can appreciate that point of view. However, the lack of interest when a few certain "some peoples" showed up became apparent. I never really cared, I just liked playing with whoever. It was just hard to watch people argue back and forth about the mom/giants/BKGA-Claymore/flipping build and call it a night. He|| some nights there would be 5 or 6 of those builds.

Although I was apart of the other wiki FC in Painted World. More towards the first 6 months after release. I can't speak for what the other fights clubs went through.

I just believe that there are things that should be excluded from fight club environments. Things you can control.
    Such as:
    *These might be drastic for some people

-No spears
    -No Giants Armor
    -No masks
    -No Washingpole
    -No Gold Tracer
    -No Wolf Ring
    -No Dingy Armor
    -No Balder Side Sword
    -No MLGS
    -No Stone Greatsword
    -No Pursuers
    -No CoD
    -No TWoP
    -No chain backstabs
    -No TCC

Before you say anything, I am not saying these are things that needto be nerfed.

How would you feel if you knew the FC group you were in followed these rules and you wouldn't have to face spear all night?

And btw...I would have loved to include RoFaP...but there is absolutely no way of enforcing that.

People need structure. Leaders might not, but poeple who tend to follow rather enjoy rules, as long as they are not ridiculous...which a couple of these might be.

Wow! This is the attitude that ruins PVP imho. So many rules, for no reason. It sounds like the difference in philosophy between the Atlas Wiki board and the Playstation board in DeS.

Personally, I would prefer a minimalist approach to rules. The less, the better. I don't even have a problem allowing healing in a fight. I mean, if you don't know to keep pressure on an opponet that is close top dying. Then it serves you right to watch them heal and come back at you with a different strategy.

I'm all for and will routinely participate in a minimal rules FC. Provided that up to sl130 is allowed to participate. I feel that the sl100 ledge is artificial.Created completely by From's addition of the arena. Further, I beleive that without the arena sl100 would have never been a true ledge in the meta. So why would we all bow to that number?

Please forgive me not getting Animal's name attached to the above quote. I suck with the wiki editer.

Your opinion of fun and optimized differ from mine, simple as that. One could argue that true pvp lies in tourneys...were rules are required.

Ruleless = chaos...I'm not a fan of chaos. Show up and dead angle WoG all day...I'll pass.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Animaal, I don't know where you have been fight clubbing but the expected civility that is expected in the forums has carried over into all of the fight clubs we ever had including the original Btown FC here started by RantfromRant. And the recent Wiki events that have minimal rules have all been great affairs where people have had a blast. I think it's a mistake to assume this community will carry itself in a lowbrow fashion if we lifted the rules. Never has never will. Look at how few guidelines we have compared to other forums yet compare just how much more open and civil this place is with any other gaming community. I know this community of people like the back of my hand and I know what they are capable of, what they expect of themselves, and what we expect from them. They are a reflection of myself and I am a reflection of them. I have the utmost faith in their ability to put together something special. They do it daily.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:37 pm

And for the record I am a proponent of the mix and match format where people can organize duels with others and agree to informal conditions beforehand while still keeping an overall minimalist approach to rules and also dedicating "sessions" to working on counters or facing weapons you have trouble with.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 pm

One last thing, it'd be great for the FC to be what the wiki events scaffold to. Those events bring a lot of new people into the site and pvp in general, so having a FC where fun and advanced pvp is happening would be a great thing to transition into for them.

That triple post.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:06 pm

C-C-C-Combo breakerrrrrr!!!

(had to do it)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Emergence wrote:...Animaal, I don't know where you have been fight clubbing...

Already explained that. Other wiki, PW, 6-8 months after release.

Emergence wrote:...I think it's a mistake to assume this community will carry itself in a lowbrow fashion if we lifted the rules...

I think its a little unfair to use the word "lowbrow" insinuating that I am putting myself above anyone and/or lowering anyone beneath me.

I also have said several times, "just an idea" "Good luck guys" "I'm not needed here".

If the last post about fighting dead angle WoGs all day is something that dictates the attitude of low browing, then I apologize I guess.

Someone made a comment that rules ruin pvp, I think they strengthen it. Simple as that.

And, as I said before I've been apart of this conversation more than I care to admit. Sometimes fresh ideas spark something that no one would have thought of. That is all I was doing.

Sorry I said anything. I CERTAINLY didn't mean to "lowbrow" anyone.

Again, good luck guys, I'm sure I'll see ya around, sorry for the intrusion. Bow
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 pm

I've always gone by 4 rules:

No healing.
    No TWOP
    No Hornet Ring
    No BS chaining
    mofomey
    mofomey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mofomey Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:28 pm

oh how i miss the b-town FC days and fighting with all of you...ive been putting the dark souls disk into the machine more frequently as of late. This might just suck me back in! if there was a central location and enough participants big grin

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 pm

It's not unfair to use the word lowbrow to describe unsavory tactics. You used the words chaos and said "Show up and dead angle WoG all day, I'll pass.". I'd say that is a pretty cut and dry declaration of behavior that is beneath you. My statement is that you'd be surprised how little of that behavior you will find. I am really struggling to understand why this mazurka has to persist.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:04 pm

It won't.

I'll just say I miss the old days too. I guess I just miss the constant "revisions" and "improvements" more than others. Maybe it was the newness.

My wife and I both don't understand what we've said. Dead angling WoG***spamming*** in a place to go for an understanding seems hypocritical to both of us.
    Its just not fightclubish in our opinion. Its kinda....chaotic.

The old PW fightclubs had rules changing all the time. I played DkS straight for 6-8 months, then played some DC Universe Online. But that was after the petitions for better matchmaking. It was about the time Namco removed their slogan "Gather Your Friends" lol.

I also already know the envirnoment in this wiki is <3.

I got 1000 posts, 100 rep, a whole lotta points, had pms with a bunch of you...IN LIKE 2 WEEKS! lol....this place is awesome, and definitely not "lowbrow" to me.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. I just thought it woulda sparked some awesome new fightclub ideas in you guys. There's a couple ideas to be had yet imo.

Last edited by Animaaal on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ***spamming***)
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:11 pm

LOL. Forum, now I've gotta go and give you a +1! Anyway, I tried organizing a minimal rules FC, but it didn't take. I can try again, if we get enough people comitted. I'll also volunteer to be host for some of them as well.

Animaal - IMO, no rules only leads to Chaos if your group is prone to it. IMO, we are not prone to that. Plus, once we start with too many rules, everyone will want to have their individual rules put in place. The only rule we should enforce is respect.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 pm

I'll say this:

Acting ethicallly: acting within the good principles of society and withing the accepted rules of proper behavior.

Meaning, in my interpretation, there are certain unspoken rules that define a community. In a forum-wide event such as this, especially on this particular forum, I find that there is an unspoken rule set that people bring to any FC organized by this forum.

Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Ethics versus law, just because there isn't a law against spewing every racial slur you can possibly imagine in front of someone of said race doesn't mean you will. Why you may ask? Because that's just plain immoral.
    Same concept.

As for the fight club; it would seem we have quite a few people interested just in this thread, and I'd definitely join in often.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:30 pm

reim0027 wrote:...IMO, we are not prone to that...

Agreed, and if anything I said during debate insinuated that, I apologize. I would've showed up talking **** in the chatroom about rules or anything man. I swear, I wouldn't have done that. I just feel like now you guys thought I was saying, "Well this wiki did that" and yadayada, and I'm upset and nervous.

I did not intend for that to happen. I just like more rules. I think a fight club with 50 people in it not using a spear would be the badestass thing ever!

***EDIT***

just forget it
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:34 pm

Animaaal wrote:

Agreed, and if anything I said during debate insinuated that, I apologize. I would've showed up talking **** in the chatroom about rules or anything man. I swear, I wouldn't have done that. I just feel like now you guys thought I was saying, "Well this wiki did that" and yadayada, and I'm upset and nervous.

I did not intend for that to happen. I just like more rules. I think a fight club with 50 people in it not using a spear would be the badestass thing ever!

***EDIT***

just forget it
    No need to say you're sorry, no one is jumping on you. As far as I can tell; your comments didn't incite any ill will, just a talking point.
    Don't worry so much about it.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Animaaal wrote:

Relax man, don't be upset or nervous. We're also not prone to any...lowbrow grudge holding (I really had to go there with the joke). You aren't going to be ostracized or shunned in ceremonious fashion to wander the wilderness. You're more than welcome here. I also don't really care about who we are compared to. I don't spend extensive time on any other site and we don't compare ourselves to anywhere else. We have always just been who we are and tried to make this site what we dream is ideal.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Hmm... As a sidenote, i don't really understand the hatred towards dead angle wog. It can be dodged like any other spell. I guess people don't like it because it feels glitchy, but it may be tough to determine what is intended and what is not. For example, toggle escape, pivot spell cancels and even bleed roll dodge. I don't know which of those things were originally intended to be in the game. Many of them existed in demon's souls and for some reason they were not removed in dark souls... To me, dead angle is one of the more common pvp mechanics, whether it is done by claymore r1 or wrath of the gods. And that's why i would rather try to find out strategies against it than just be upset about it and ban it.

And Animaaal, no need to apologize really. Conversations like these do change people's views to one direction or another. I think you have already done a favor to the FC by sparking all these comments.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Why do you think we Americans have Congress? A healthy argument is good.

Last edited by EeAyEss on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Philosophically speaking this whole thing is very interesting. I may just write a paper based on all this but for now I'll just say count me in. I'll play by just about any set of rules but I gave myself to Chaos back in the '70s so it's all good without the rules too folks.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Yeah, don't sweat it Animaal. I wasn't attacking you or criticizing you. Just stating my opinion and experiences.

Hell, if everyone agreed with each other, the world would be a very boring place.

Anyway, let's get this back on topic again. Talking about a FC and having a long standing chatroom of some sort.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am