Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
C0rs0n64
quench
sure-magicians
grossemesser
mofomey
FinPeku
Soris Ice Goldwing
The Letter X
Phoenix Rising
Murkulanvippi
Fry1156
crbngville2
WaLKA
Rynn
WyrmHero
kazumoshi
Sneezer
Jansports
Emergence
reim0027
Animaaal
leonardo503
EeAyEss
Jodecho
Forum Pirate
AnCapaillMor
XachAttack
Maneater_Mildred
The Once-Ler
33 posters

Things I miss about PvP here

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Things I miss about PvP here - Page 7 Empty Re: Things I miss about PvP here

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Anor Londo rooftop. Big area with lots of light similar to Sen's. Easy to reach from Solaire's bonfire. No optional boss for host though although hosting can done in Dark Anor Londo.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Would be cool, but it does mean int builds probably can't host unless at NG++
    C0rs0n64

Post by C0rs0n64 Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Love Emergence's idea of the painted world church area. Priscilla is optional and painted world doesn't get a ton of action usually
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Got to agree with Emergence's painted world church idea. Be nice to fight there and get some serious invasion action that the place lacks at certain time zones.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 am

That place would bring back some fond memories. That's the first area I had a set-up duel in, and it was with someone from this Forum.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:47 am

What about the ground level in the tower in the PW? I remember my first organized fights in the NK vs. LH war 9 or so months back.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:49 am

I don't favor any map in particular, as long as it doesn't have that reduced lock on range effect and has enough space to move around in.
    IzalithFM
    IzalithFM

Post by IzalithFM Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:20 am

How about the Demon Ruins? There's a good fighting area near the boss fog (where a capra demon is), good lighting, an easily cleared area and the boss is optional if you're willing to part with 30 humanity. There generally aren't that much invasions either.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:34 pm

The Depths can be fun too (the Giant Rat or near the entrance the Blighttown). We tired it once, but had summoning problems. Don't know if it was just that night/people's connections or whatever.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:42 pm

The Russian Roulette fights are held in the depths. Fun times.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 pm

I've set up a poll for some locations.

EAS - no summoning problems in the Depths? That is a fun area to PvP in.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 pm

I like the Depths spot as well. It's not dreary and the waterfall gives it atmosphere.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:35 pm

It is also optional, next to a bonfire, and very easy to clear (once the rat is dead, it stays dead).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 pm

crap, i forgot to post in here so im gonna post just my opinion on why the only rule i have is no backstabs. lag, yes everyone's gonna be llike it's part of the game which it is even if it wasnt inteded to be, it just feels like a cheap way to win because of how much easier it is to bs omeone with just a litte lag or when you dodge only to get pulled back into a backstab after 2 seconds, and yes you know that in your opponent's world he had perfect timing but it still pretty lame to lose like that. but by now(i think) everyone just gave up on the whole lag bs thing that they dont care about it an djust wanna duel, so i would say everything should be allowed except for the obvious glitches like buffing weapons that were not inteded to be buffed. again im not starting anything, just posting my opinion here so let'ss get to voting on the other thread. to be honest im kinda done with duels, just dont enjoy them like before but i might show up to the new FC.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:41 pm

mofomey wrote:oh how i miss the b-town FC days and fighting with all of you...ive been putting the dark souls disk into the machine more frequently as of late. This might just suck me back in! if there was a central location and enough participants big grin

Haven't been able to get on the wiki for a few days so I am just sifting through the last few pages of this post. Hope we get it going and you join in:) I miss playing with you (and the days hosting on the dragon bridge).
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:52 pm

reim0027 wrote:LOL. Forum, now I've gotta go and give you a +1! Anyway, I tried organizing a minimal rules FC, but it didn't take. I can try again, if we get enough people comitted. I'll also volunteer to be host for some of them as well.

Animaal - IMO, no rules only leads to Chaos if your group is prone to it. IMO, we are not prone to that. Plus, once we start with too many rules, everyone will want to have their individual rules put in place. The only rule we should enforce is respect.

Agreed, Reim would be a good one to run this as he is on the most. I can host some too when I am on. Sat. nights late (after 10 est would be my vote as that seemed to be the most popular time).
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 pm

RantFromRant wrote:crap, i forgot to post in here so im gonna post just my opinion on why the only rule i have is no backstabs. lag, yes everyone's gonna be llike it's part of the game which it is even if it wasnt inteded to be, it just feels like a cheap way to win because of how much easier it is to bs omeone with just a litte lag or when you dodge only to get pulled back into a backstab after 2 seconds, and yes you know that in your opponent's world he had perfect timing but it still pretty lame to lose like that. but by now(i think) everyone just gave up on the whole lag bs thing that they dont care about it an djust wanna duel, so i would say everything should be allowed except for the obvious glitches like buffing weapons that were not inteded to be buffed. again im not starting anything, just posting my opinion here so let'ss get to voting on the other thread. to be honest im kinda done with duels, just dont enjoy them like before but i might show up to the new FC.

Hope you can show up Rant. I am looking for one main night a week. That way even if people are involved with other things/games, they can still say "oh yea, Sat. night is Fight Night so I will take a break from what I am doing to join in." I pryed myself away from Ni No Kuni on Sat night for a few hours and tried to organize a spontaneous fight night only to find that nobody was on. I ended up just doing forest invasions instead, then went back to Ni No Kuni. If there are enough people on it would hold more interest for those dropping in and looking for duels.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:20 pm

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:25 pm

ni no kuni 2 better have some sort of arena so you can fight your familiars, it would be so awesome.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Here is my 2 cents on the subject of the fight night:

1). This has been a healthy debate over rules/tactics but the object is to get people together playing again on a set night, therefore rules should be minimal. If it is in the game it should be legal (to a point). Spamming or chain BS would be out but no weapons/spells/armor/rings should be banned imo. If it is agreed upon before a match that you mutually won't use something like a hornets ring then great, but I don't think anything should be outright banned. If EVERYONE agreed that SOME things should be out, the obvious choices would be Hornet ring, stone sword, and TWoP. I am not sure that is a good idea though. Everyone I have fought here has use Gentleman's (or woman's) rules in the past and I doubt there would be much of an issue with this.

2). Central Chat that Everyone visits when they get on to see what is going on. This is a MUST for this to sustain itself and the chat can't change every week. It must be consistant.

3). Set time once a week for Fight Club that everyone knows when to show up for (and people stay in chat waiting for people to show). My vote would be a start time of 10 or 11 EST on Sturday nights and last well into the evenings. Earlier does not usually work for some of us.

4). Set place to Duel that is easy to access for everyone. Butterfly Forest, Blightown Pit (My first Choice for nostalgia's sake), or the Artorias Area (not easy to get to but fun) are good choices. Demon's ruins is also pretty easy to get to. BF probably makes the most sense from the ease standpoint.

5). Established SL should be around 100 for the main night imho so we can also 2v2 with the builds on off nights. Not to say that people can't say that any particular night is a 120-125 night though. Most of us have multiple builds. The established night would be a hard SL cap and the off nights would be loose caps.

6). Good sportsmanship. No bickering or debating over things. Just fight and move on to the next fight. Having a rough night? Then walk away honorably and come back another night if need be. Ask for help if you need practice against a tactic. Plenty will come forth to help.

7). Keep this thing going! This only works if everyone keeps the ball rolling, at least on the established night.

8). Everyone should be able to host the established spot and everyone must take turn hosting. This also only works because the hosts are making it happen. This way we can all share the hosting load (hence the need for an easy to access spot with an optional boss that most people don't bother to kill these days).

9). One person should run the posted thread and respond to those asking to join. That person (not me) should be someone that is on regulary and is helpful to those involved/interested. I don't have enough time for monitoring a thread like this these days so I am not a good choice. I like the nomination of Reim, but anyone else that is consistant on the forum would also work. I am happy to set up the chat, and even set up the thread if need be, but unfortunately I can't consistantly monitor it these days.

10). Have Fun and use common sense. This is why we play after all. This also means making sure everyone else is having fun. Example: If you decide to use TWOP for a few matchs then fine, but don't grief people with it all night if they don't have a build or the skill to counter it.

The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:00 pm

RantFromRant wrote:ni no kuni 2 better have some sort of arena so you can fight your familiars, it would be so awesome.

Not to derail the thread, but agreed happy Did you finish it yet? I am taking my sweet time with it. Just love it:) PM me your thoughts and lets chat about it Rant. I would love to see what familiars you are using and I will give you my setup. I can't believe you can't S rank the Solusseum until after you finish the main story:( We also need to start up our GoT discussion since the season is upon us. I am in the middle of the 2nd book (already saw season 2) and was hoping to have it done before the show started back up. Sadly I will not be done by the 31st. I also wanted to re-watch the 1st 2 seasons, but I can't break away from Ni No Kuni long enough to do so (see how I tied the 2 subjects together there lol). L8R man.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:18 pm

It's hard to read 12 pages but I'd like to show with my lvl 100 if I knew when and where, and if I understood how to join that chat...

sad
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:ni no kuni 2 better have some sort of arena so you can fight your familiars, it would be so awesome.

Not to derail the thread, but agreed happy Did you finish it yet? I am taking my sweet time with it. Just love it:) PM me your thoughts and lets chat about it Rant. I would love to see what familiars you are using and I will give you my setup. I can't believe you can't S rank the Solusseum until after you finish the main story:( We also need to start up our GoT discussion since the season is upon us. I am in the middle of the 2nd book (already saw season 2) and was hoping to have it done before the show started back up. Sadly I will not be done by the 31st. I also wanted to re-watch the 1st 2 seasons, but I can't break away from Ni No Kuni long enough to do so (see how I tied the 2 subjects together there lol). L8R man.

i've had it since day one and im still right after getting the dragon, taking my time with it.
    one of my favourites games ever dude, i made a thread about it, just go there so we dont keep derailing the thread.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t15237p75-official-ni-no-kuni-thread?highlight=ni+no+kuni
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Bump because I'm hoping Reim's new fight club is takingoff for you guys and the setiments in this thread are greatly reflective of the souls community and the unique bond it creates among us.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:02 pm

I actually miss the fog ring being viable.
    It allowed for stealth, even in the "meh" form that it is in Dark Souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:32 am