Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 26 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:50 am

Crystal Demon's Greataxe hurt with Hornet Ring o.o

Last edited by Jester's Tears on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    befowler
    befowler

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 26 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by befowler Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:04 pm

It is not necessary or advisable to quote 10 prior nested posts in your response. Everyone should also try to stay on topic. If you are not able to do so, then there is always the off-topic forum.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:07 pm

Everytime you quote a quote god kills a kitten.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:27 pm

That is an example of going off topic, Anca. silly

I discovered that Dark Souls is pretty bland after playing another game for 2 days.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 pm

There's a brief period where the Crystal Lizards are completely invisible, but you can still hit them.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 pm

This has probably been mentioned before, it's also a while since I notice but I just remembered. If you do a jumping attack on a 'sleeping' tree/ent it will instantly stand up, just like the dragon legs in the painted world.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 pm

You can't parry a jump attack.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:46 pm

ublug wrote:This has probably been mentioned before, it's also a while since I notice but I just remembered. If you do a jumping attack on a 'sleeping' tree/ent it will instantly stand up, just like the dragon legs in the painted world.
    As long as it's a vertical swing that hits into the ground they'll be woken up(or die).
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:05 pm

ublug wrote:This has probably been mentioned before, it's also a while since I notice but I just remembered. If you do a jumping attack on a 'sleeping' tree/ent it will instantly stand up, just like the dragon legs in the painted world.

How do you open that shortcut, by the way? I've used an uchi on it all day but the legs won't budge.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:06 pm

morte wrote:

How do you open that shortcut, by the way? I've used an uchi on it all day but the legs won't budge.

Any Jumping Attack should make the legs get a minor case of rigor mortis, then you can just walk on through and drop down. Though you may wanna be careful, there's a big *** knight down there that can still spawn on you.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:24 pm

titanite Demon's tail does a good chunk of damage if it hits you
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:58 pm

I entered the Duke's Archive from the prison. I got hit by a channeler before I could step off the ledge to the bookcase. When I landed on the bookcase, I had a sliver of health left. I healed up and jumped to the floor. The channeler stepped off the ledge, too, and fell to his death when he hit the floor.

LOL! I did not get the Trident. :-(
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:37 am

It might just be me, but I've been farm a larming the Btown slugs and my humanity isn't budging. And I mean farming, 7 or 8 laps in I was getting weirded out that it wasn't going up so I starting killing 1-2 firebreather guys on my way to or from the bonfire. THOSE gave me a humanity but I still haven't seen my humanity go up from killing a slug

I'm like...99% sure this is an oddity and I should have loads of manatee by now
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:38 am

Who told you that slugs give humanity anyways? As far as i know, there's only Cragspiders, Ghouls, Dung Giants and Dart Snipers which you can obtain soft humanity from.

On Topic: I learned just yesterday that Anastacia of Astora gains some plotrelated lines at last when you restored her tongue and open the kiln. Something about ending the undead curse so she can be released.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:42 am

im pretty sure youre supposed to get soft humanity just from killing enemies in the area as long as the boss of the area is still alive
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:58 am

I thought as long as the boss was alive and well Any enemy could give soft manatees if killed enough
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:08 am

Jansports wrote:I thought as long as the boss was alive and well Any enemy could give soft manatees if killed enough

sry to go off topic but i like the way you think lol
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:42 am

Jansports wrote:I thought as long as the boss was alive and well Any enemy could give soft manatees if killed enough

speaking of which, i never got a soft humanity from silver knights and dark wraiths and i farm them alot(chunks\silver knight spear). Is it just me or do they give none?
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:58 am

they don't. As for AL the painting guardians are the ones to farm at. Not sure if there's any possibility to gain soft humanity in NL at all.

Add: Found out that ganking Gwyn reduces him from decent threat to soft cakewalk.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:01 am

The soft humanity mechanics should be more or less completed now, both what enemies can be farmed and how many kills are needed for a humanity to drop. Retro did a lot of tests to pin down the last details.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/humanity+farming#Soft%20Humanity
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:03 am

You know those Giant Guardians in Anor Londo, the ones with the stupidly huge shield? Yeah, you can jump onto the top of the shield and hit them in the head. It's quite possibly the coolest thing I've done by accident~
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 am

Zephryl wrote:You know those Giant Guardians in Anor Londo, the ones with the stupidly huge shield? Yeah, you can jump onto the top of the shield and hit them in the head. It's quite possibly the coolest thing I've done by accident~
    oh boy that's some prince of persia **** right there, did you stab his head and slide down his back?
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 am

Or you can get stuck between their shield and them, having a good view on their [censorship]

They will drag you around when they move.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 am

Hachouma wrote:
    Zephryl wrote:You know those Giant Guardians in Anor Londo, the ones with the stupidly huge shield? Yeah, you can jump onto the top of the shield and hit them in the head. It's quite possibly the coolest thing I've done by accident~
    oh boy that's some prince of persia **** right there, did you stab his head and slide down his back?

I plunging attacked through the top of his skull, right down to his feet. Does that count?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:16 am

Zephryl wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:

I plunging attacked through the top of his skull, right down to his feet. Does that count?
    That's always fun to do, plunge them from the staircase(like where the Silver Knight is)

Last edited by densetsushun on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 am