Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 36 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by chantienyee Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 am

Just discovered today that the orange charred ring gives your kicks fire damage. Also discovered today that the Covenant of Artorias disappears in NG+. I've gone through NG+s before, but I guess never tried to fight Four Kings before Sif.

EDIT: Actually another discovery the other day -- NPC black phantoms don't invade if you're invaded by another player. So I had an invader somewhere and was trying to trigger Kirk in the Depths, but no go. When I killed the invader by Gaping Dragon's fog, Kirk invaded even though I wasn't in his area.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, another. So after I beat 4 Kings I was able to warp out of the Abyss even though I didn't have the Lord Vessel yet. I guess that only makes sense, but I hadn't thought about it before.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 36 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Elifia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:56 am

I discovered that once you get to the building with the second banshee in New Londo, if you run a circle through it and leave through the exit towards the Seal, pretty much all the ghosts follow you. And it's a lot of ghosts. I killed em all too with nothing but a Jagged Ghost Blade (didn't use curse). Once nothing was following me any longer only the banshee and 1 ghost were left. I think the banshee follows you pretty much anywhere too, I just didn't pull her.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 am

Elifia wrote:I discovered that once you get to the building with the second banshee in New Londo, if you run a circle through it and leave through the exit towards the Seal, pretty much all the ghosts follow you. And it's a lot of ghosts. I killed em all too with nothing but a Jagged Ghost Blade (didn't use curse). Once nothing was following me any longer only the banshee and 1 ghost were left. I think the banshee follows you pretty much anywhere too, I just didn't pull her.

This is also a perfect way to clear the area of ghosts (most of them at least). Just pull out a pyromancer flame, a great fireball and a bellowed dragoncrest ring if necessary and fire away.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 am

Vagrants actually exist, they aren't just a complex fabrication created to annoy me.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Estoc/Spear + Falchion in off-hand is Really good! You can get so much extra damage from the ''High-speed Falchion'' and the Estoc/Spear (I use Silver Knight Spear) is good for some poking

P.S. Shields are for Patches aka. Cowards!
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Notched whip does very minuscule damage to the flame wielding sleletons in the depths.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Rhea's entourage can backstab you...
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Odinbear wrote:Notched whip does very minuscule damage to the flame wielding sleletons in the depths.
    Flame wielding sleletons in the depths?
    What the ***
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:14 pm

i dont think i said this one yet but i discovered that in Sens you can jump from that very narrow path with 4 guilotines at the end you can jump from the beggining of it to were the mageserpent stands on that little ledge. the way i found this out was i got invaded by someone in full havels with havels shield and a spear and they just sat there blocking at the end of said path so i said F*** it and jumped over there and made it safely, then proceded to walk around and kick his wussy @$$
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:21 pm

In Demon's Souls: You can't die until the Vanguard kills you.

You can just sit there and let monsters beat on you. All day.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:39 pm

That one I did not know and I played demons a lot.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:56 pm

The Kiln of the First Flame is more open than you'd think. There are small valleys in the ash along the sides that you can go quite far into. One off to the left can get you out of vision from pretty much anywhere in the area.

Last edited by Quarik on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:In Demon's Souls: You can't die until the Vanguard kills you.
    Yes, your health stops at '1' in the tutorial, but I think it's only until you open the last fog before the boss.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Hachouma wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Notched whip does very minuscule damage to the flame wielding sleletons in the depths.
    What the ***

The 2 right outside the bonfire door?
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Odinbear wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:
    What the ***

He means the Torch Hollows/Dredglings.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:23 am

Anonymous Proxy wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:
    What the ***

He means the Torch Hollows/Dredglings.
    Oh, well, those aren't skeletons
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 am

Clearly a case of undead racism, skeletons and zombies all look the same to him.
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:41 am

Next time, he declares all hollowed as skeletons. Pfui!
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 am

I am appalled at the level of death-discrimination here! Why does it matter if they died skeletons or hollows?! We're all jolly undead outcasts, aren't we?
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:00 pm

If From would have made a weapon/magic/miracle that would have inflict curse. There would be a lot more of invader using it and lot of starter in the game struggling to get it off. They probably never made it because of that.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Tchuwib wrote:If From would have made a weapon/magic/miracle that would have inflict curse. There would be a lot more of invader using it and lot of starter in the game struggling to get it off. They probably never made it because of that.

I always wondered why cursed weapons didn't inflict curse. It didn't make much sense to me, but hey, what do I know?
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:07 pm

I discovered that I'm adopted
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Oh, on that note, I recently found out that you can spread the egg-head condition through kicks once you reach the "third stage." I don't know if I've ever reached the third stage, 'cause you only need the second to get the pyros from Eingyi. I thought about running around with egghead permanently, but it didn't quite seem worth it...
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:22 pm

chantienyee wrote:Oh, on that note, I recently found out that you can spread the egg-head condition through kicks once you reach the "third stage." I don't know if I've ever reached the third stage, 'cause you only need the second to get the pyros from Eingyi. I thought about running around with egghead permanently, but it didn't quite seem worth it...

well worth it no but it is quite funny to run around with it and invade or host invasions and spread the disease
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Silver knights in Anor Londo can open doors. The animation is really funny given their size.

A particularly laggy Super Ornstein can also lightning impale and lift 3 characters into the air at the same time, in nearly a full circle around him. (Not too proud of discovering this one)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm