Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Is there a Co-op guide for Demon's Souls?

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is there a Co-op guide for Demon's Souls? Empty Is there a Co-op guide for Demon's Souls?

Post by Dubscythe Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Like there is for Dark? I'd like to co-op and help out some people but I have no idea what Soul Level people take on certain bosses.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Is there a Co-op guide for Demon's Souls? Empty Re: Is there a Co-op guide for Demon's Souls?

Post by User1 Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Well, I'm not sure. I played the game nearly entirely offline, so it never really occured to me that there might be one. I also don't know how popular Demon's is these days in the case of multiplayer, but I doubt it is a popular as when I played it. (2010)
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Is there a Co-op guide for Demon's Souls? Empty Re: Is there a Co-op guide for Demon's Souls?

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Since the progression through Demon's Souls isn't as defined as it is in Dark Souls, its very difficult to make a guide for it since no player tackles all the areas in the same order. In Dark Souls it's rather clear-cut the path they intended you to take; Undead Burg > Parish > Lower Burg > Depths > Blighttown > and so on.

In Demon's Souls though, it's less clear. After beating 1-1, a player is just as likely to take on Stonefang Mine, Latria, or the Shrine of Storms as they are to progress on to the Tower Knight. Because the game isn't open-world, the worlds don't flow into each other and it makes progression much more scattered, with areas being "blocked off" not with keys you find from bosses (Gaping Dragon/Capra Demon), but by the enemies simply being too difficult at the moment. This makes pinning down an effective level range for an individual area in Demon's quite difficult, as skilled players can overcome the more difficult enemies at lower levels, and it makes every area in the game have a huge level range. Someone is just as likely to take on 3-2 at level 20 as they are at level 70, or 4-1 at level 5 as they are at level 40.

Not to say it's impossible to narrow down good areas, you just have to be more broad about it. Break it down into Early, Middle, and Late game areas, with "grey areas" between those tiers for the more ambiguous areas. Just get a feel for how far you've progressed a certain character in terms of level and go to an appropriate area. These are by no means concrete, but the way I like to break it down is something like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Early Game:

1-2
    2-1
    3-1

Early-Middle (can work with either Early or Mid-game ranges):

2-2
    3-2
    4-1
    5-1

Middle Game:

1-3
    5-2

Middle-Late (can work with either Mid or Late game ranges):

3-2 (not a typo, this is listed twice because the Maneaters are such an obnoxious boss)
    3-3
    4-2
    5-3

Late Game:

1-4

Areas to Ignore:

2-3
    4-3

-------------------------------------------------------------

So while it's not a very strict guide, it's the best I've been able to figure out :|

Sorry if this post went on a little long, but I hope it helps happy
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Thank you Reaperfan, you are my greatest ally.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Dubscythe wrote:Thank you Reaperfan, you are my greatest ally.

I try to help when I can happy

I'll also ask before this thread dies down and I have your attention, is the old Dark Souls guide still accurate in terms of ranges? It's been a while since I've worked on it and I'm afraid it's getting out of date :|
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:00 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:Thank you Reaperfan, you are my greatest ally.

I try to help when I can happy

I'll also ask before this thread dies down and I have your attention, is the old Dark Souls guide still accurate in terms of ranges? It's been a while since I've worked on it and I'm afraid it's getting out of date :|

From what I'm remembering it seems pretty spot on, I haven't read it in awhile though. In Dark Souls I am co-oping at all the same soul levels for the different areas as I did back in summer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pm