Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Emergence
The Letter X
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Maneater_Mildred
Tolvo
9 posters

Dungeons and Dragons

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:19 pm

I think with your imagination and storytelling ability you were likely a blast in every campaign
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:22 pm

Well I am a writer. silly

Actually the Goliath I wasn't, but that was more so because the group was ****. Similar to Mildred, I looted something and our Bard/Rogue tried to kill me for it.

Being a well built Battlerager Goliath Fighter Gladiator, I destroyed him. Afterwards he used diplomacy to force me to be friendly with him. Something that is allowed, but taboo. To roll to force players to do something. So I returned the favor, and rolled intimidate to force him to stay in line. I trounced him, and scared him good. He then quit. Soon after that group fell apart, so I didn't really get to flesh that character out too much unfortunately.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 pm

My favorite character was my half ogre, him and his twin brother were called bog and zog.... And my nickname and now my psn name was born.

Last edited by Maneater_Mildred on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Yup, always comes back to the group's ability to support the story. The player who I was brought in to assassinate his character: he found out. The big concern was him reacting to the GM's decision to bring me to the game just to get him out would cause some out of character conflict. He understood the story arc. Wasn't thrilled at first then played along quite well. It turned into us having to stick it out longer against a greater evil. All the while with interesting stand offs and harassment between us. If he hadn't played it out well though it would have not only ruined that campaign but broke the group up for good. Big risk by the GM

Mildred, am I detecting a tendency toward " Mildred, SMASH" :shock:

If so..... awesome!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 pm

By the way, I feel I should explain why I destroyed him.

As a fighter, I had a good deal of health as well as armor. He was a bard/rogue, focused on buffing and social abilities. I had great movement, as well I could charge to him at any moment. This would prompt an attack of opportunity if I moved next to him, but I was a battlerager. If using burst, close, or melee attacks I'd get 10 temp health added on. With his weapons, and being forced to fight me so close he couldn't hit me for more than ten. Thus, it would refresh every time he attacked me. I never let him get away, thus throughout the whole fight he only dealt around 2 damage to me while I just kept getting refills of temp health since I just rushed into his face. Attacks of opportunity meant nothing to him, but I hit fairly hard at close range so if he tried to flee I'd hit him very hard then just be on him next turn.

Battlerager was OP man.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm

That was like my Glitterboy in Rifts. We wanted entry into a space station. My uncle, playing an engineer and new to the game was playing his character exceedingly well. He sees a group of humanoids and my guy. A set of really shiny power armor only a little bigger than a human with a fairly uninspiring looking rifle on my right arm. In game the suit is rare so he plays like he has no clue. Following protocol he isn't willing to let us in without credentials. Argument ensues. I point my rifle at the reinforced space door. Now, in Rifts, materials are often spelled out with how much damage they can take. Air lock doors can take a lot as you might imagine. My uncle has his character laugh at me. I fire. Two things happen. The sonic boom from my rail gun renders everyone but me and my uncle deaf. I'm built for it and he has a door that barely saves him. I rolled terribly for damage. Meaning I only made the door drastically buckle instead of obliterating it and my uncle. Glitterboys: OP as hell
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Alright so I am happy to report back that we have finished three encounters now and the amount of emergent gameplay is a blast. I'm def hooked. I created a mage named Emergence who uses karate hands of fire. He makes me happy. He stands far away, sipping coffee and merking fools while positioning the rest of the team, a lot like what I do on the wiki.

Soooo, I've heard that message board dnd is possible. Thinking someone in this thread needs to step up and dm that for us.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Emergence wrote:Soooo, I've heard that message board dnd is possible. Thinking someone in this thread needs to step up and dm that for us.

That would be amazing if someone could pull that off.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Damn, I'd really like playing Dnd, too bad my friends are ***...oh and i don't have the books...
    Anyways if anyone is up for slightly less awesome DnD, try SUPAH ACTION RPG!!! (my thread), but really, someone should make a Dnd thread!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:24 pm

I play D&D with the Maptools OS quite a lot. It's a lot of fun with friends. Oh, I love being gamesmaster too. I'm really biased. silly
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:12 pm

My brother has a group of friends that he plays DnD with and I am tempted to join him one night....
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:40 pm

I recall you mentioning it was the board game form?
    That is fun too. Not as easy to dominate as PC version, but still fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am