Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
ublug
densetsushun
childofbhaal
7 posters

Greatsword of artorias damage too low?

childofbhaal
    childofbhaal

Greatsword of artorias damage too low?  Empty Greatsword of artorias damage too low?

Post by childofbhaal Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:33 pm

I've been making a great sword of Artorias build and right now its sitting at an attack rating of 630 when wielded with 2 hands. I went and attacked some normal unarmored hollows with 2 handed attacks and it only did 400 dmg? Why is the damage significantly lower than the attack rating is? The ripostes and back stabs are doing ridiculous damage though but not normal attacks.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Greatsword of artorias damage too low?  Empty Re: Greatsword of artorias damage too low?

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:43 pm

The GSoA isn't as powerful if you don't have 40 across all the scaling stats.
    childofbhaal
    childofbhaal

Greatsword of artorias damage too low?  Empty Re: Greatsword of artorias damage too low?

Post by childofbhaal Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:49 pm

I guess the question i have is why does the attack rating lie to me?! o.o It says 630 yet the weapon only hits for 400.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Oh, that's something else entirely. Attack rating doesn't directly correlate to damage. You have to factor in enemy defenses as well, not to mention the GSoA has split damage so damage gets taken off twice.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:09 pm

densetsushun wrote:You have to factor in enemy defenses as well, not to mention the GSoA has split damage so damage gets taken off twice.
    This is probably the cause for the low damage.

You should try it against skeletons and darkwraiths as well, since it's got some hidden multipliers against them.
    childofbhaal
    childofbhaal

Post by childofbhaal Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Well from what I'm seeing.. it was completely stupid to even waste my time on this weapon.. I just beat seath the scaleless and was hitting him with power within on for 500 points of damage.. My great scythe build char can do about 1000 per swing and he has 40 points in dex. THAT'S IT. I wasted putting 40 int, 40 faith, 27 str and 30 dex to do horrible damage? this weapon is such a waste! Its awful!
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:31 am

it does more dmg to phantoms its a better pvp weapon then pve and it has a good move set and range
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:31 am

THe Abyss sword is so much better, but its good uin teh catacombs and the TOG, and the cursed sword can hit wraiths in New Londo without the need for transient curses, Artorias sword just looks classy as hell too, I have a 34/18/40/20 build and its not very good 😢
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:45 pm

childofbhaal wrote:Well from what I'm seeing.. it was completely stupid to even waste my time on this weapon.. I just beat seath the scaleless and was hitting him with power within on for 500 points of damage.. My great scythe build char can do about 1000 per swing and he has 40 points in dex. THAT'S IT. I wasted putting 40 int, 40 faith, 27 str and 30 dex to do horrible damage? this weapon is such a waste! Its awful!

Looks around room nervously... Child of who...
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:
    childofbhaal wrote:Well from what I'm seeing.. it was completely stupid to even waste my time on this weapon.. I just beat seath the scaleless and was hitting him with power within on for 500 points of damage.. My great scythe build char can do about 1000 per swing and he has 40 points in dex. THAT'S IT. I wasted putting 40 int, 40 faith, 27 str and 30 dex to do horrible damage? this weapon is such a waste! Its awful!

Looks around room nervously... Child of who...

Oh my word. I lmao so hard that I hit the floor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm