Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Reaperfan
densetsushun
User1
passivefamiliar
8 posters

a newbie, still life to this game.

passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

a newbie, still life to this game. Empty a newbie, still life to this game.

Post by passivefamiliar Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:47 am

I'm not the newbie. I'm not a professional souls guy, but I was playing earlier. Just for kicks. And I saw a blue summon sign! I was shocked. I summoned him, we died. Meh. but I checked his profile, only beaten 3 Bosses...VERY NEW. I asked to be sure, he'd just started playing. I was his first co-op experience. Felt bad for failing him. Or her, no idea. Ididn't ask that. No offense if you find this by chance and are reading it.

we are now playing through together. Just refreshing that the kingdom of boletaria is not forgotten. New adventurers still venture into the deep dark fog.

Last edited by passivefamiliar on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing on my droid, few missed errors. and my semi ocd.)
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

a newbie, still life to this game. Empty Re: a newbie, still life to this game.

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 am

I'm surprised people still buy this game. It's nearly 4 years old now, and I would have imagined the hype had gone long ago.

Last edited by RenegadeCop on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:12 pm

It was mostly due to the PSN sale I reckon.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:21 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I'm surprised people still buy this game. It's nearly 4 years old now, and I would have imagined the hype had gone long ago.

It's a combination of what densetsushun said as well as curiosity in the Souls series. I know there are at least a few people who, after playing Dark Souls, decided they'd check out Demon's Souls to discover the series's roots, so they went out and got it. It being on PSN just makes it that much easier to get happy
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 pm

Glad to know people are still playing online in Demon's Souls. It'd be great so see players make some "arena" area for PVP.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:I'm surprised people still buy this game. It's nearly 4 years old now, and I would have imagined the hype had gone long ago.

It's a combination of what densetsushun said as well as curiosity in the Souls series. I know there are at least a few people who, after playing Dark Souls, decided they'd check out Demon's Souls to discover the series's roots, so they went out and got it. It being on PSN just makes it that much easier to get happy

However, people on Xbox can't get it, so Xbox only players will never know Demon's magic.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:09 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:However, people on Xbox can't get it, so Xbox only players will never know Demon's magic.

You could always get a PS3, provided you aren't poor winking

In all honesty, if you can afford it, Demon's Souls is a game that's worth buying a whole system for happy
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Agreed on that.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Hah! Demon's Souls is more popular then Dark Souls.
    Just because it's old doesn't mean it's dead.
    IMO, I'm currently playing DeS, just because it's SO much better then DkS. The only thing that's dead in DeS is some of the more "set-up" PvPing, such as the 4-1 summonings. Otherwise, Demon's Souls is just as lively as Dark Souls.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Dark Souls must be casul now.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:32 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Dark Souls must be casul now.
    >Makes Giant Dad build
    >1/10 invasions are wins
    >Casuls
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:33 pm

A good definition of a casul is someone who has bad comboi's.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:46 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:A good definition of a casul is someone who has bad comboi's.
    Ruining my 500 points just to say it.
    lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:04 pm

Lol overload.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:44 pm

I've just started re-playing Demon Souls for the 4th time and am loving it all over again. Dark Souls is a great game but it fell victim to a whole lot of shenanigans in the end. Too many in my opinion. It made playing on-line a pain. Demon Souls has less hassle from trolls and gankers, although I've not played on-line yet because I thought the servers were down.
    Amondaun
    Amondaun

Post by Amondaun Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:42 pm

This is AWESOME!!! After playing Dark again I've had an extreme need to play Demon's for the upteenth time though I was nervous about the servers possibly being down and nobody playing anymore. However, news that there's still plenty of people sticking with the original (both veterans and beginners) fills me with renewed hope and determination!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:16 am

Servers are still up (if that's the right terminology) which is great. I played on line last night and was reminded how much better the messaging system is in Demon's Souls. Plus, the images of other people who are playing and the blood stain re-runs are so much clearer.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 am

I think I need to make a return to Demon's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am