Battle for DkS II – Who’s The Strongest
Event Date & Time: Sun, June 9th @ 6:00 PM EST US / 5:00PM CST US / 3:00PM PST US (11:00 PM GMT)
Location: 'Lower Township Area/Chained Prisoner Hall' (Rounds 1 & 2) and 'Ciarans Arena/Abysswalker Area' (Rounds 3, 4 & 5)
Communication: Skype Voice/Chat (I will create a contact group to facilitate group voice/chat conferencing) - AND - Chatango @ URL - http://BfDKS2.chatango.com
Participant Soul Level: SL120 to SL140
Winner's Prize: Copy of Dark Souls 2 (Special Edition) on the platform of winner's choice upon release
Team Prize: Members of the team with the most wins will receive: TBD
- 2 Teams: Alpha & Omega - comprised of 8 or 10 combatants on each team. 2 alternate combatants per team will be selected in the event a primary combatant cannot attend.
- I will fight the winner of the tourney but no matter what happens – win, lose or draw the winner will receive the prize. I just want to be able to say, when it’s all said and done, that I got to fight the strongest on that day.
- Single elimination (Duels are best 2 out of 3)
- No healing (see healing miracle rule below for the one exception to this rule)
- No Hornet Ring
- No Spears
- No WoG / TWoP (including Stone Sword special attack) / Pursuers
- No stacking (more than 1)of sorcery/miracle/pryo equipment buffs (Dusk Crown, Crown of the Dark Sun, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, Ring of the Sun's Firstborn and Ring of the Sun Princess)
- Healing miracles (Replenishment & Bountiful Sunlight) can be used one (1) time at the beginning of one (1) of the potential three (3) duels each set of combatants may have
- No white, dark magic or pyro SPAMMING (i.e. dark bead & dark orb. great combust, dark flame, combust)(I define spamming as more than one cast in quick succession)
- No swapping to Red Tear Stone Ring (RTSR) during the fight but the ring can be used as part of your build (e.g. you start the duel with the RTSR equipped and IT STAYS ON)
- No power buffs (SLB, DMB, CMW, GMW, MW) (Resins are allowed)
- No wake-up attacks after a riposte, BS, or other types of knock downs (ATTEMPTING A PARRY OR KICK IS ALLOWED)
- No chain or intentional roll BSs
- No BS fishing (Note: Punish BSs are allowed – for example if your opponent does a 1H L. Club attack and misses leaving their back completely open a punish BS is justified. SIMPLY PUT IF YOUR OPPONENT DOES AN ATTACK THAT CLEARLY LEAVES THEIR BACK EXPOSED THEN A PUNISH BS IS WARRANTED)
- No modded builds/ armor / weapons/ spell-swaps & glitches
- If a random invades we will try to determine their intent – if they interfere with the tourney they can go either the easy way (i.e. BC out or fight one of the combatants – a loss will not count against the combatant) or the hard way (i.e. attacked with extreme prejudice). Please try to keep the host (ME!!) alive
1. Please PM me on the forum or the BOX the type of build you are planning on using (i.e. DEX/STR Qual, STR/FAI, etc). This will help me keep the teams as balanced as possible.
2. Please PM me on the forum or the BOX your 'Skype name' (if you have one) so I can add you to the contact group for the tourney. We will also be using 'chatango' as another communication channel (see URL at the top).Use which ever one you want - I will be on both.
Team Information – Once I have all participant information I will fill the open slots with combatants with the objective of balance – what is meant by balance is not having too many of any one type of build (i.e. STR) on one team. I am trying to have a good mix of builds on each team. PLEASE NOTE TEAM ROSTER IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN THE EVENT A PRIMARY COMBATANT CANNOT PARTICIPATE.
Duels between combatants will be completely random – I will be using bracket generator which will randomly determine who will be fighting who during the 1st and 2nd rounds. After the 2nd round your wins will determine who you will be facing off against. Please remember you may eventually square off against a team mate - so the mindset to have is "I love u bro but I gotta kill u!!"
TEAM RSS DROP INSTRUCTIONS
Lower Township / Chain Prisoner Area
Team Alpha: From the Lower Township bonfire - Go up the elevator and stairs from the Lower Township
bonfire. After you enter the room turn left (the chained prisoner will
be at the top of stairs) - drop RSS in the corner straight ahead
Team Omega: From the Lower Township bonfire - Go up the elevator and stairs from the Lower Township
bonfire. After you enter the room turn right (the chained prisoner will
be at the top of the stairs) - drop RSS in the corner straight ahead.
Ciaran's Arena/Abysswalker Area (Royal Woods Entrance)
Team Alpha: As you exit the Ciaran's Arena entrance entering the Royals
Woods - Turn left and follow brick wall until it ends forming a corner with
the rock wall. Drop RSS in the corner formed by the brick wall and the rock wall.
Team Omega: As you exit the Ciaran's Arena entrance entering the Royal
Woods - Turn right and follow wall to where it ends at the cliff drop-off to the
rabid dogs/Kalameet boss fight. Drop RSS between the wall and the tree.
Here is the link to the dueling bracket:
BfDkSII - Who's the Strongest
In regards to the dueling order - it will be from top to bottom & left to right. Therefore 1st at bat are 'DynoUnleashed (a.k.a MrDynogames)' vs 'xRamenatorx' - so on and so forth. I make all efforts to keep things moving since I know how it is waiting around in to fight in a tournament.
A1 - WolfofPhyrexia (XLN Tag: WolfofPhyrexia)
A2 - zZzDizzyyzZz (XLN Tag: zZzDizzyyzZz)
A3 - Juutas (XLN Tag: Juutas1988)
A4 - MrDynogames (XLN Tag: Dynounleashed)
A5 - Phoenix Rising (XLN Tag: I Aim v Here I)
A6 - XuitusTheGreat (XLN Tag: XuitusTheGreat)
A7 - Mrfragglez (XLN Tag: Darkchaos669)
A8 - DarknessxBMWM5 (XLN Tag: DarknessxBMWM5)
A9 - SadPanda (XLN Tag: xAngry Badgerx9)
A10 - DaemonNacht (XLN Tag: xDaemonNachtx)
Alt#A1 – CANWUSHUNINJA (XLN Tag: CANWUSHUNINJA)
Alt#A2 – Billionthswine187 (XLN Tag: BillionthSwine)
O1 – The Letter X (XLN Tag: The Letter X)
O2 - Herbal12909 (XLN Tag: Herbal12909)
O3 - DFRESHFRESHFAM (XLN Tag: DFRESHFRESHFAM)
O4 - DJska3 (XLN Tag: DJska3)
O5 - xRamenatorx (XLN Tag: xRamenatorx)
O6 - DxV04 (XLN Tag: DARKNESSxVEGA)
O7 - Divinebeanpole (XLN Tag: Divinebeanpole)
O8 - Lord of Ash (XLN Tag: Lord of Ash)
O9 - Renny™ (XLN Tag: Knife4Life32)
O10 - Godofwar170210 (XLN Tag: godofwar170210)
This post will be revised as details are firmed up. Stayed tuned...
Last edited by Brokewilly on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 am; edited 85 times in total