Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Mrfragglez

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 2 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by Mrfragglez Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 am

Wolf tisk tisk. You did not notice every fight of ours I was running something something different the full giants and bkga I was practicing parrys abd trying to take as less damage as possible. But yea I look forward to our duels iv learned alot with fighting x and aim.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 2 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 am

The Letter X wrote:
    xRamenatorx wrote:@Brokewilly
    Id like to join this tournament. My gamertag is xRamenatorx if youd like to test my skills just add me haha (a few people keep metioning X....i can beat him >.> if that ups my chances any silly )

Everyone who has posted in this thread can beat me. Shrug

HAHA - I doubt that but as they say the meek shall inherit Lordran. So far I have u and Wolf on separate teams so u might just have to go up against him to get the prize. cheers

Stay tuned people.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 am

The Letter X wrote:
    Id like to join this tournament. My gamertag is xRamenatorx if youd like to test my skills just add me haha (a few people keep metioning X....i can beat him >.> if that ups my chances any silly )

Everyone who has posted in this thread can beat me. Shrug

Oh well i have only played you and aim. Though i thought you were slightly better. And also didnt mean it as an insult (more like a can fight against X); just that the host said he is gathering really good players so didnt want to miss a chance to fight the best.
    Mrfragglez

Post by Mrfragglez Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Im gonna bring a flipping giantdad for wolf to play with.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Ok people - top post in this thread has been updated. Revisions will be mades as things are firmed up.

Stay tuned....
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Dark I swear if u do I will punch u in the face
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

I have a few suggestions on the single elimination rule:

I think single elimination wont show whos "best" due to various reasons like lag, a lucky bs, or even just being caught off guard by the players build/tactic. I think the best player is one who can "adapt"

So i suggest best 2 out of 3 matches. Winning once is "easy", twice is a different story.

Or maybe have each of the 8 players in one bracket fight each other once each. So a single person will fight the other 7 players, in their resoective bracket, once each. The two players with the most wins out of this backet will move on to the top 4. Repeat process for other bracket. (Saves the bracket A vs bracket B for the final 4); or you could do a modified version of this to incorporate more bracket A vs bracket B.

Edit: i personally prefer best 2 out of 3 because the second option still incorporates single elimination, though more effectively because you arent disqualifued for losing once.

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Ramen good idea but single elim doesn't mean one match. Single elim means that once u loose the set(I.e. 2/3) ur eliminated
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Ramen good idea but single elim doesn't mean one match. Single elim means that once u loose the set(I.e. 2/3) ur eliminated

...oh Look Skyward

If their wasnt si many people you coukd even do a 2 out of 3 combined with idea number 2. Though that wouldtake a while to complete haha
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Lol I've played in a lot of tourneys so I've become familiar with terms so
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:30 am

Ok I was looking over the rules for this tourney and I'm just curious. Will healing be allowed? I don't see any mention of it in the rules so I have to check. Also you say no power buffs. I'm curious if resins are ok for usage instead.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:03 am

Healing wnt b allowed most likely n resins should b ok
    Mrfragglez

Post by Mrfragglez Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:15 am

Im bringing 10 att slots all with with css
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:19 am

Are roll back stabs considered fishing? Or if they parry you back stab instead of kick
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:33 pm

MrDynogames wrote:Ok I was looking over the rules for this tourney and I'm just curious. Will healing be allowed? I don't see any mention of it in the rules so I have to check. Also you say no power buffs. I'm curious if resins are ok for usage instead.

Good catch about the healing - I have update the top post accordingly. Sometimes things are so obvious you miss it. Also, using replenishment at the start of the duel is allowed.

Resins are allowed just no power buffs.

I am still thinking about the most effecient way to complete the duels - meaning should it be a straight 2 out of 3 or some other permutation. My only concern is time since I really don't want to this event taking like 12 hours to complete. Hopefully we will decide on something most people will agree with.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:46 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:Are roll back stabs considered fishing? Or if they parry you back stab instead of kick

No blatant roll BSs but if an opponent attempts a parry (or clearly parry spamming) then a BS is ok since I consider this a punish BS due to parry spamming. I want to keep things fair but as realistic to an actual random fight as possible.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    xRamenatorx wrote:Are roll back stabs considered fishing? Or if they parry you back stab instead of kick

No blatant roll BSs but if an opponent attempts a parry (or clearly parry spamming) then a BS is ok since I consider this a punish BS due to parry spamming. I want to keep things fair but as realistic to an actual random fight as possible.

What does blatant mean for you? Im good at predicting a swing and roll slightly before the swing so im at their back for a bs during their animation. Is this blatant haha

Also replenishement xD i hate that spell haha for reasons i wont share >.> - at the start of a match is it free game? Basically could you attack if someone decides to cast replinishment, or any buff such as resins.
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Ok thank you. I just had to make sure if I should be bringing my healing items or not.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:07 pm

What does blatant mean for you? Im good at predicting a swing and roll slightly before the swing so im at their back for a bs during their animation. Is this blatant haha

Also replenishement xD i hate that spell haha for reasons i wont share >.> - at the start of a match is it free game? Basically could you attack if someone decides to cast replinishment, or any buff such as resins.[/quote]

Well blatant means u roll BS a person after they swing their weapon - basically ur using the roll BSs as means to successfully get a BS. What u stated would be defined as roll BS - ur exploiting ur opponents recovery frames (after or during an attack with a spear for instance) to get a BS. This is not the same as BSing someone who misses u with a L. club attack (or jumping attack) and their back is wide open - I define this as a punish BS. A punish BS would also be allowed if ur opponent is parry spamming and u circle to punish the parry attempt. In short don't do something to ur opponent that u wouldn't want done to u.

At the beginning of the duel u cannot attack ur opponent while their grassing, casting spell (i.e HCSM) /miracle (i.e. replenishment)/pyro (i.e iron flesh) or applying a resin. The duel technically would start after they bowed to u - this is the signal showing they are ready. Now if they do any of these things during the duel then u r free to attack them if u can but most players, if their smart, will usually attempt to rebuff while they have some distance between u and them.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:07 pm

The Letter X wrote:

Everyone who has posted in this thread can beat me. Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 2 3358384175

Pssssshhhhtt! Whatever dude. You win even when you're not fighting! tongue
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:28 pm

@brokewilly alright i got it haha
    AdamantzZ3R0
    AdamantzZ3R0

Post by AdamantzZ3R0 Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Would like to take part of the tournament.~
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14 pm

If anyone wants to see wulf check my sig the mugen is in it
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:49 am

Hey broke it might b better to allow dwgr
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:57 am

Yeah - I really don't have a problem with DWGR but some people do. I will remove that rule for now and wait and see if anyone have any problems with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm