Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
tinypantha
Nccbd
hey its andres
goober0331
domesplitter13
dancash1808
DxV04
White Knight Wulf
xRamenatorx
Tolvo
Bowdownbe4me
Latitoast
Brokewilly
Lord of Ash
divinebeanpole
dethcurl
XuitusTheGreat
DaemonNacht
SATLOS
User1
AdamantzZ3R0
The Letter X
Juutas
Mrfragglez
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
MrDynogames
31 posters

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by MrDynogames Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm

I have no real issues with DWGR. Just it's really annoying dealing with them flippy bastards in a fight.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle for DkS II Tournament - Who's The Strongest (XBOX360) (COMPLETED)

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Me to but if a build is centered on the ring it puts the build at a major disadvantage
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Perhaps make it a rule that for DWGR they can't just spend the entire time dancing around for backstabs?
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:56 pm

That's the anti bs fish rule
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:59 am

Well I guess we'll cross this bridge when we get there because I can't come up with any good reason to ban the DWGR other than extreme annoyance.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 am

Not to worry - that is why I only invited known (and to be known) fighters to the tourney. All of the players I fought with and against don't use the DWGR or if they do they are not flipping maniacs lol!
    Wolf is correct in my opinion in regards to centering a build around the DWGR - the build would have some disadvantages. The only time the DWGR is very useful is when ur fighting more than one opponent (i.e. the forest) - those invincibility frames helps out alot in those type of situations.

xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:10 am

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Me to but if a build is centered on the ring it puts the build at a major disadvantage

Well considering the soul range is 120 to 140 someone who uses dwgr could easily bump themselves up 20 stat points in order to wear the same armor and still flip with considerable hp depending on their build.

Although like BrokeWilly said the "best" players may not level themselves and will probably fast roll
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:43 pm

So who's seen the dks2 footage
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:44 pm

I have. It squashed many of my previous fears.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Lol me to
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Going to be very happy on day 1 when everyone is looking for what works for them. For me I'm going looking for my claymores replacement. I need a new big whoopin stick. I'll see what happens from there.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:06 pm

MrDynogames wrote:Going to be very happy on day 1 when everyone is looking for what works for them. For me I'm going looking for my claymores replacement. I need a new big whoopin stick. I'll see what happens from there.

I'm kinda partial to the bastard sword for some reason - don't know what would be a good replacement for the clay. But the reach of the bastard does leave something to be desired especially if ur used to a greatsword that can reach out and touch u. Have you played around with the ultra greats? I particular enjoy using the greatsword very good stunlock but not too heavy.

Hopefully I will catch up to you in the next couple of days.I'm rusty as heck - glad I'm not in the tourney cause I would be horribly killed the 1st round lol!
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:11 pm

I have messed around the the Ultra greats. However I always keep coming back to my claymore. I love the weight, the moves, the speed, DAT REACH. This is my favorite weapon to use.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:19 pm

I use thr greatsword reqularlu n its awesome
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:24 pm

I am just loving the DGM.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Hate that thing
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Too slow?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:46 pm

I'm currently going through a weapon identity crisis, but I've grown fond toward the Silver Knight Straightsword.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Got to love the r2's.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:07 pm

I thought it was cool to see that you can move around and shoot with a bow; also that there seemed to be three weapon slots in the right hand.

Itd be imteresting if they added weapons with special RT's other than greatswords (excluding the dragon slayer spear)...actually just more weapons with specials in general
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Perhaps have a weapon special which if it hits slows down whatever it hit?
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Thatd be interesting. Specials that arent just for damage but "tactical" effects instead. The slow thing may work if balanced but people already have problems with twop and stone greatsword. I just think itd be awesome if the chaos blades RT threw out some chaos spell or horizontal wind slash. Itd also be cool if a weapons special made it gain a few feet in length or something...rambling i know haha
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:59 pm

That n too heavy
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:09 am

I like going mid roll. I can wear all the max protective stuff, and real high hitting weapons while still mid rolling. But, I can understand other people's preferences.
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:16 am

I rarely make a fast rolling character. I enjoy the freedom of midrolling so I have 50% of my weight to work with rather than 25%.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 am