Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Dark Souls connected with different Ancient Lore

EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls connected with different Ancient Lore Empty Dark Souls connected with different Ancient Lore

Post by EverlastingRat Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:08 am

Ok so I've been doing some digging around and I started thinking about this Flann dude. I mean he's the God of Mothfuqn FIRE, which everybody is always sploogin their pants over. This guy has got to be a big deal. I mentioned it another post, about him and the nameless Blacksmith Deity(since the blacksmith needs FIRE to forge weapons, plus he could be connected to the Firstborn aka the god of war) being somehow connected maybe one and the same...

Then I started to think about Jiggly puff being married to Flann. Then I thought about how maybe it's relatable to Aphrodite and Hephaestus, the god of blacksmiths. Well how can Gwynevere be inspired by Aprodite. Well let's look at her roman counterpart, Venus also know as Lucifer, which means "LIGHT BRINGER"...wait isn't Gwynevere the Princess of SunLIGHT?... Also, I don't know if this matters but Venus is the second planet, as Gwynevere is the second child of Gwyn, from the Sun. The First is Mercury. I thought that may somehow give me some clues as to who might be the FIRSTborn, but all I could find relateble to Dark Souls, is Mercury aides/guides the Dead on their Journey, then I started to think well who has aided me on my journey throughout the game and well only one NPC that i can think of who helps you, granted you do everything right, throughout most of the game, even with the final boss... :affraid: but then again, Mercury is the Messenger God and maybe it could be that knight dude who helps you in the very beginning and tosses you a body with the key, as his way of "delivering his message" Also I thought about, well Earth is the third planet, and obviously I thought about Gwydolin, and thought immediately about the snakes, which seems extremely symbolic, connected to both the EARTH and duality. I thought about the earth and obvious with what i'm trying to tie together, but then I'm thinking about the duality and how he's the "God of the MOON", an opposing theme/symbol to his father, the SUN. His attire is very symbolic, It appears that the helm, the sun, is shining down, the robes, on the snakes, roots/earth(we constantly see roots throughout the game and I forgot, but someone point this out, that the roots imagery could be relatable to Norse mythos)

Am I drawing lines to dots that aren't there? What do you guys think? I'd like to know if anyone else, also love other ancient cultures' lore, would know of any other things that seem very interesting and somewhat related to DkS lore.

By the way, I'm not sure who the Firstborn is, and honestly I don't think he might even be in the game.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Dark Souls connected with different Ancient Lore Empty Re: Dark Souls connected with different Ancient Lore

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 am

Good observations. You might want to check out the linking lore thread. Lots of speculation like this. Ithinkyou might have some new stuff here

Edit: Here's the link
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls connected with different Ancient Lore Empty Re: Dark Souls connected with different Ancient Lore

Post by EverlastingRat Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:25 am

well thank you good sir, and I guess I'll post this in that thread and continue it there cheers

is there anyway to delete this thread
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 am

Sorry Rat but Flann can't be the Blacksmith Diety. The Blacksmith Diety passed away ages ago and Flann is happily(?) married to Gwynevere.

A trippy read, but a good one nonetheless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am