Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
User1
BIG TIME MASTER
PlasticandRage
nsane32
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
Dubscythe
Longshot
Carphil
KrazykevS10
Serious_Much
16 posters

EA voted worst company in america

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

EA voted worst company in america - Page 2 Empty Re: EA voted worst company in america

Post by User1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:39 pm

I can say I liked Dragon Age: Origins, but I found pretty much every other EA game after it was utterly terrible. The online pass required for every one of their online games just p*sses me off, and I find the customer service is horrendous. I shall never give my money to this company again.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

EA voted worst company in america - Page 2 Empty Re: EA voted worst company in america

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:48 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I can say I liked Dragon Age: Origins, but I found pretty much every other EA game after it was utterly terrible. The online pass required for every one of their online games just p*sses me off, and I find the customer service is horrendous. I shall never give my money to this company again.

I looked through my games and I think DA: Origins and the Dead Space series are the only games I've tried from them that I've liked more than I've disliked. All games have some issues, but for the most part EA games I've played have had a lot more than I'm comfortable with
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:51 pm

The Dead Space games could have been good, but the only scary parts were jump scares, and the cliche storyline on the 3rd game was totally uninteresting to me.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:52 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:A lot of companies out there, while existing to make money, also make customer satisfaction a priority. It's a difference between companies with business models centered around creating repeat customers through manufacturing quality goods, and companies who implement models centered around producing as many products as possible, repeat customers be damned. It's quality vs quantity. Guess which one I think EA is.

Outside of that, I agree, the best thing to do is not give them your money. That's my solution.

Customer satisfaction and profit go hand in hand. A company that pleases customers makes more money. I'm not offering this as an argument to what you said, just a statement to add.

I don't know nothing about EA, not enough to trash them, but sometimes I get the impression that a lot of consumers don't really understand the producer/consumer dichotomy. It seems like a lot of consumers think that companies are some kind of magical entity that exist to serve them, and that whatever the consumer wants must be accommodated for.

On the flip side, letting your friends/colleagues know what you know about whether a company did you good or did you wrong for your money is an important part of being informed, but there is a line that can be crossed between being a discriminating, informed consumer and a whiny baby. This article, to me, comes across as a cry from a collective of whiny babies.

Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:06 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:The Dead Space games could have been good, but the only scary parts were jump scares, and the cliche storyline on the 3rd game was totally uninteresting to me.
    Event Horizon: The Game
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:46 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:The Dead Space games could have been good, but the only scary parts were jump scares, and the cliche storyline on the 3rd game was totally uninteresting to me.

I couldn't disagree more. The first one had such a creepy atmosphere that at times just moving towards a blind corner was terrifying, even if there was nothing on the other side. I remember my first playthrough very well, when I turned a corner and into a long hallway with an injured person standing at the other end swaying back and forth and laughing faintly, and it took me easily 10 minutes to make my way down because I afraid something was going to happen on my way, or when I got there. The vent system is also a really clever scare implement. Just the fact that enemies could come from any direction at any time, and your back is never really safe, even if its seemingly against a wall, adds such fear to playing those games. There are jump scares, but there's so much more than that too.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:48 pm

The first one was terrifying, and I don't think they did anything different in the 3rd one too take away from that, I just think that by the 3rd title we all knew what to expect so we weren't nearly as scared.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:53 pm

I still found the second and third one to be scary at times, but I do think you're right in that assessment. I found the weapons system in 3 to be engaging enough to keep me playing also. There were nights where I just screwed around in the weapons arena for hours trying to make 2 weapons that worked perfectly together. I'm a sucker for in depth customization though. I liked the setting of 3 a lot too. The debris field with massive destroyed ships floating around in it was awesome, and Tau Volantis was a really fresh different setting for the series. Walking through those thick blizzards and not being able to see very far was pretty scary
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Dead Space 1 was the only good Dead Space game in my opinion.
    Dead Space 2 was also good, but I don't know, I liked Dead Space better.
    Dead Space 3 was a good action game, but not a good horror game, and also seriously EA? Pay real money for resources?

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Lol, this is going to turn into a Dead Space discussion thread.

I was about to further the discussion, but I think its better if we don't derail so much.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:00 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:and also seriously EA? Pay real money for resources?

It was only an option. You didn't have to. I didn't throughout the entire game. Actually kind of enjoyed hunting for ration seals too. A lot of games offer DLC resources, but I can't think of any where it was necessary to complete the game.

Also if you consider that the only thing you used the resources for was to build equipment, and how many games offer equipment DLC's, then it's really no different than what a lot of developers do. They just offered resources instead so you could build your own things as opposed to just buying premade weapons
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:10 pm

and this is why I hate humans I not going to say anymore as youll be to stubborn to listen
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:15 pm

EA voted worst company in america - Page 2 639795459

I hate to break it to ya man, but.. you know.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:17 pm

nsane32 wrote:and this is why I hate humans I not going to say anymore as youll be to stubborn to listen

There's a pack of wolves in Idaho looking for new folks to join their pack.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:27 pm

nsane32 wrote:and this is why I hate humans I not going to say anymore as youll be to stubborn to listen

You hate humans because they have differing opinions instead of being a singular hivemind?
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 pm

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE HIVE...
    JOIN US...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:08 pm

I hate EA, but even I'll admit part of the problem is the unilateral $60 price tag.

Its not fair to anyone involved. Where Deus EX was not worth $60 in the least, I'd have happily spent $150 (including the dlc, to be fair) for Fallout New Vegas (glitched though it was) for the sheer volume of (glitches aside) quality content.

That said, I don't give ea money. I buy second hand and play offline, if i simply must have the game (eg mass effect) but even that is very rare.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Watch the first half; sums it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G97qA6FwcF4&feature=share&list=PLAF173A70C2ACE816
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm

I think the video fails to address the fact the actual game development is now eating up what used to be the budget of the cartridge, shipping etc.

I'm an advocate of pricing according to length and quality with a price ceiling of £40 for games with over 60 hours of high quality playable content (would be $60 for you yanks). Every other industry in the world does this- cars, sofas, drinks etc. You wouldn't expect to pay the same amount of money for a mercedes as a fiat, or for a bottle of coke compared to own brand cola.. Why should we py the same for a 8 hour long steaming pile of dog **** as a lengthy, classy game? We really shouldn't..

^This applies to the entertainment industry in general, so including movies, CDs etc too.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I think the video fails to address the fact the actual game development is now eating up what used to be the budget of the cartridge, shipping etc.

I'm an advocate of pricing according to length and quality with a price ceiling of £40 for games with over 60 hours of high quality playable content (would be $60 for you yanks). Every other industry in the world does this- cars, sofas, drinks etc. You wouldn't expect to pay the same amount of money for a mercedes as a fiat, or for a bottle of coke compared to own brand cola.. Why should we py the same for a 8 hour long steaming pile of dog **** as a lengthy, classy game? We really shouldn't..

^This applies to the entertainment industry in general, so including movies, CDs etc too.
    You kind of missed the mark there with the first half of your post, the second half is exactly what the link addresses.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:03 am

I don't understand why people don't get it. Voting for bank of america or other companies does nothing: they don't care about some dumb online poll and wont change their practises. EA on the other hand do care and provide hilarious entertainment as they fumble with PR, try blame criticism on homo-bigotry and flounder in their own refuse.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:58 am

Wade_Wilson wrote:I don't understand why people don't get it. Voting for bank of america or other companies does nothing: they don't care about some dumb online poll and wont change their practises. EA on the other hand do care and provide hilarious entertainment as they fumble with PR, try blame criticism on homo-bigotry and flounder in their own refuse.

Their response videos to the poles were pretty great. I'm convinced that the people who spoke and wrote the responses are most likely the only people in their company that speak English. Nobody in their customer service department does. That's a certainty.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:13 am

Longshot wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I think the video fails to address the fact the actual game development is now eating up what used to be the budget of the cartridge, shipping etc.

You kind of missed the mark there with the first half of your post, the second half is exactly what the link addresses.

To be blunt, the link you gave actually addressed my first point more than the latter, his argument was money based upon production of cartridges but should be cheaper now that everything is digital- but thing is he's wrong.

Also, you're a bit ignorant if you think that the first half of my post is incorrect. The money put into the gaming industry has only increased- it's actually a sort of blessing that the prices aren't higher than they already are.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:31 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:I don't understand why people don't get it. Voting for bank of america or other companies does nothing: they don't care about some dumb online poll and wont change their practises. EA on the other hand do care and provide hilarious entertainment as they fumble with PR, try blame criticism on homo-bigotry and flounder in their own refuse.

Their response videos to the poles were pretty great. I'm convinced that the people who spoke and wrote the responses are most likely the only people in their company that speak English. Nobody in their customer service department does. That's a certainty.

I have some pretty funny tech-support conversations that I've saved. Interested in them?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:I have some pretty funny tech-support conversations that I've saved. Interested in them?

As do I. Only replace the word "funny" with "tedious" and you have my experiences with the tech-support crowd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 am