Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
eminusx
Ashran
MistahrFox
Saturday-Saint
Phoenix Rising
krump0
Cartod
Djem
Werdax
Murkulanvippi
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Johnthethird
17 posters

Hidden Frame in the new trailer

Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Hidden Frame in the new trailer - Page 2 Empty Re: Hidden Frame in the new trailer

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:23 pm

Johnthethird wrote:It looks like its glowing red under the helmet. Maybe you are a different type of undead from the chosen?

They did say that you were "cursed" this time. Or something about your blood being cursed. I can't quite remember the details or where I got this info, but I do remember hearing this.
    Anyone else remember this?
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Hidden Frame in the new trailer - Page 2 Empty Re: Hidden Frame in the new trailer

Post by eminusx Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:25 pm

yeah I remember hearing something about being cursed too, kinda thought that might just be some poor translation and they meant undead. . .

not sure i like the idea of being cursed instead of undead. . .cursed is a bit cliched and overdone, plus being undead fits in with the lore and world of DS better, unless theyre writing a sh!t load of cool new stuff into the lore. . .in which case. . .umm. . ok then!
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:41 pm

eminusx wrote:yeah I remember hearing something about being cursed too, kinda thought that might just be some poor translation and they meant undead. . .

not sure i like the idea of being cursed instead of undead. . .cursed is a bit cliched and overdone, plus being undead fits in with the lore and world of DS better, unless theyre writing a sh!t load of cool new stuff into the lore. . .in which case. . .umm. . ok then!

I agree, but in the first trailer the hero's blood sizzles when it hits the ground, I have a memory of hearing that it is due to you being cursed.
    I'm not entirely sure but, theres got to be a reason why they showed your blood sizzling on the ground.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Jees I totally missed that!

Scuttles off to watch. . .

The very first trailer right?
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:11 pm

That may or may not be blood. I think it's just clever editing.

Also, whatever that substance is probably sizzles because parts of that trailer were very hot (magma/lava, etc).
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:13 pm

being cursed and undead might actually mean the same thing. isn't the reason we are undead in Dark Souls because of the curse of the dark sign? we just aren't the chosen undead in Dark Souls II is my thinking. it's likely that in Dark Souls II we'll still be be a cursed undead, only with a different mission.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Nybbles wrote:being cursed and undead might actually mean the same thing. isn't the reason we are undead in Dark Souls because of the curse of the dark sign? we just aren't the chosen undead in Dark Souls II is my thinking. it's likely that in Dark Souls II we'll still be be a cursed undead, only with a different mission.

Excellent point. It may be just a translation thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 pm