Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+43
DS_Dene
kazumoshi
Scaredbyowls
Marino.
Shaloka
SlothAlmighty
CallMeTiff
Conrack
ErrJon6661
ClassicBlaze
Ichikuro
FirstOfTheDead
Dibsville
benny-the-jew
EverlastingRat
Serious_Much
>Brave<
nsane32
SadPanda
Rayko
Shkar
steveswede
Frank_White
MosquitoPower
Animaaal
R3dlace
raecor14
Hue
Halicarnassis
Forum Pirate
Werdax
DE5PA1R
Myztyrio
mr_no_face
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
GrinTwist
Tchuwib
Tolvo
Soris Ice Goldwing
DemonOfFate
Slarg232
User1
Dubscythe
47 posters

I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II

DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II - Page 3 Empty Re: I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II

Post by DE5PA1R Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:To all the people complaining about capes, they're already confirmed to be in.

No.

Yes. The screenshot proves it, a player wearing a long black cape. How can you argue against that? Because you like to argue against everything.

What screenshot?
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II - Page 3 Empty Re: I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II

Post by Frank_White Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:55 pm

This one

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/04/1365616388-dark-souls-ii-playstation-3-ps3-5.jpg
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:01 pm

How do you know thats a playable character and not an NPC?

Thanks for the pic though. big grin

Also, it kinda looks like an early rendering, maybe for the landscapers inspiration?

Can you elaborate on the pic Frank?

Thanks in advance.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:13 pm

We can't see the front either, it may be more of a full cloak, or frayed robe somewhat like the Gold Hemmed or Logan's outfit, it could even be something similar to a Poncho.

It also doesn't confirm a cape/cloak slot.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Animaaal wrote:How do you know thats a playable character and not an NPC?

This. The character matches the Work in Progress pics almost exactly, so very unlikely it's a player.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Tolvo wrote:If it's on a few sets of armor I'm fine, the Silver Knight armor is a good example of that.

If it is a slot however, similar to rings, in most cases you will then want to wear a cape for its stats. Or a cloak. Rings don't effect the appearance of characters, and even if they did they are a very minor detail. Similar to a necklace, a necklace slot I wouldn't mind since if it was visible it would not be noticeably so. A cape though, everyone running around in capes? It'll make Dark Souls feel like World of Warcraft, or a game involving superheroes.

Good point on the Dark Souls "Super Hero" posability.

Thats why I say, if there are capes, they need to be cosmetic only.

In a weird way its like the Katanas in Dark Souls,
    If you dig the look, use em.
    If think they don't fit with the theme of Dark Souls, then dont't use them.

Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Unlikely? I think it's certain that's the player character. There are several reasons to believe so.

First of all, all the screenshots published include the player character, wearing different armors.
    Second, the character is wearing the chestpiece of the undead axe-man enemy (shown in some of the artwork released), but a different helmet (have you ever seen an npc wear armor pieces from separate armor sets in a Souls game?).
    Thirdly and most importantly, that room is visited in the gameplay demo and besides there not being any enemies, Tanimura even mentions that this main lobby of the mansion does not have any enemies beside the skeleton dragon. That very balcony is also seen in the demo and it was empty.

There is no reason to think it's not a player. We can rest assured that the players can wear capes this time, provided it belongs to an armor. Besides, would they really have implemented such nice wind physics for the clothing (as seen in the gameplay) if they weren't going to include longer clothing that can sway in the wind in an awesome manner?

*edit* Here is the armor
    http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/269382_433307120075671_678071845_n.jpg
    Looks exactly like the same long black cape that is torn at the bottom
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks Frank, interesting. I say its still speculation, but very well thought out speculation on your behalf for sure. It does look like that armor.

However, if I have a cape...

...I want to fly. cheers j/k

***EDIT***

Actually, I would really like to fly. bounce
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:19 pm

Yeah, just speculating, but I think if enemies have capes with physics, we likely will too happy
    If not, FromSoft is a collection of sadists.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Frank_White wrote:... FromSoft is a collection of sadists....

I dont knowif that would be speculation lol.

J/K FROM... big grin
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 am

Not so much "capes" for me, but a mantle showing that you've achieved something. Like the emblem of a covenant, or the symbol of your starting race.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:06 am

I want a Beard slot
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:40 am

I like the idea but they shouldn't have any special effects to them. Imagine this

Cape: 25% stam regen
    Shield: 10%
    Ring: 25%
    Blossom: 50%

110% Stam regeneration.... ~Cringe~
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:54 am

To be honest I could see capes coming in as another special effect slot (like rings), or even as simply a defence measure to balance out the weaknesses in the armour you've chosen..

They have an improved physics engine on next game by looks of it, so could be pretty cool... I think maybe it could look stupid if light armour wearers start whacking giant capes on, but there's always those who aren't style conscientious in souls silly
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:07 am

what about a Spawn cape? lol! talk about OP, i guess that would be like combining ring of steel protection, camouflage and fall control spell, maybe stone plate rings and some other shhht
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 am

what if you could only have 1 ring? this would be a way to balance out combos too aka FAP AND HAVELS
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:33 pm

I want lots of rings...I wanna look like Liberace....wait, no I don't. I want my fingers to like like....nvm :oops:
    benny-the-jew
    benny-the-jew

Post by benny-the-jew Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:01 pm

How about a window that lets you admire your character, instead of having to run up to a wall and jigger with the camera?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 am

I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II - Page 3 13194-m
    #SWAG
    FirstOfTheDead
    FirstOfTheDead
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FirstOfTheDead Fri May 03, 2013 10:39 am

I want capes too....I want them to be that item that increases our stats without spending souls..like "Everlasting Cape" - VIT: +2 / STR: +3..That would be interesting!
    Ichikuro
    Ichikuro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ichikuro Fri May 03, 2013 12:24 pm

OP Solution: Armors that can be upgraded to have a cape (no different stats).

Style Only Shrug
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Tue May 07, 2013 10:47 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:We need long, flowing capes, with gorgeous air physics which make them float around in a heroic manner.

This! Badassery has no limits!
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed May 08, 2013 3:03 am

Capes would be nice. Every other rpg has them now so why not.

and about rings, I have ten fingers and ten toes. I want 20 ring slots.

Well What is it
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed May 08, 2013 4:23 am

don't forget earrings and piercings, that gives you pretty much a ring for every square inch of skin on your body
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 08, 2013 6:27 am

A tattoo that gives you increased stamina regen
    'Cus yolo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am