Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Paragon
Saturday-Saint
Forum Pirate
Jim Jam 94
XachAttack
Jansports
Squashy_Avocado
reim0027
sfcc
Avenger649
Sentiel
Phoenix Rising
AnCapaillMor
xRamenatorx
Kyuseishu
Automancer
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RANT
DemonOfFate
CrackSouls
Dibsville
XuitusTheGreat
26 posters

no one attacks anymore

XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

no one attacks anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: no one attacks anymore

Post by XuitusTheGreat Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:17 pm

you stalker :< and im just being salty haha
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:24 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:you stalker :< and im just being salty haha

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear."

Yeah I've noticed the latest trend with bs'ing. It's either one of 4 types of invasions now. Hackers, gankers, or BSers. Oh and the occasional mage, but with lag being an issue you might as well be a hacker. silly
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:05 pm

A very strong attack, that lock you in an animation, which makes you invulnerable and is lag exploitable?
    Yes, I can see why some people focus only on doing this one particular attack.
    This goes especially for Str users, whose weapons are slow and vulnerable to backstabs, so they instead exploit this and backstabs themselves. Most of the time, do only that and are almost afraid to swing their weapon in any other way, that doesn't involve the infamous kidney exploring animation.

Not defending them. It's a dull and boring tactic and makes me want to let them kill, just so I can move on and hope my next foe is different.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:28 pm

I find that counter fishers are far more annoying than BS fishers. Especially the kind that use something like a buffed halberd or claymore. The problem is that you have to stunlock them or they just do counters worth about 950 damage a hit.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 pm

ironically currently this is the build I use and im very aggressive with it haha http://mmdks.com/1x8j and im so bad at bs haha I win with dead angles >;D
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Sentiel wrote:A very strong attack, that lock you in an animation, which makes you invulnerable and is lag exploitable?
    This goes especially for Str users, whose weapons are slow and vulnerable to backstabs, so they instead exploit this and backstabs themselves. Most of the time, do only that and are almost afraid to swing their weapon in any other way, that doesn't involve the infamous kidney exploring animation.

Not defending them. It's a dull and boring tactic and makes me want to let them kill, just so I can move on and hope my next foe is different.

most people that use str weapons don't take the time to actually learn how to use them, so they do nothing but try to bs which really sucks since they give str weapons a bad rep.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:02 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:A very strong attack, that lock you in an animation, which makes you invulnerable and is lag exploitable?

most people that use str weapons don't take the time to actually learn how to use them, so they do nothing but try to bs which really sucks since they give str weapons a bad rep.

http://mmdks.com/1x8j :<
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 pm

for the love of god menu swap!!! that way you can get rid of havels and get use another ring. this is what im usssing at the moment, I switch wolf to rtsr when in low vit http://mmdks.com/1x91
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:33 pm

yea I used to but after awhile I started loving not doing that cause of how fast u can swap, the hammer is linear and the ultrags is horizontal and since I started using this build I havent lost, which is really good for a STR build >_< slow *** weapons that........-grumbles- cant wait for hopefully faster ultras in dks2 big grin *cough* I did this for the longest time http://mmdks.com/1xa3 but gave up on fast roll and went full tank STR
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:16 pm

I take it you really like the balder shield? Fast roll is the best way to go. Whenever I med or fat roll I go with dgm, msgs or the small hammers.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:its fine I just got extra salty when I got nude to a bs fisher and backed against a wall, for 30 seconds he just kept trying to squeeze behind me despite me being completely poiseless with no shield.... I just sat there watching him try squeezing behind me like "really bro?"

guess counter bs practice it is haha

edit: good players attack btw go fight juutas or aim lol they attack......a lot and hurt haha

I have played juutas and aim and i usually beat them because they attack so much. Also they dont do "foolish" attacks they do well timed attacks or unlocked ones. Also when i said good players wait and then attack i had juutas in mind...when i fought him i noticed hed press rt with his broadsword to try and catch me after i start up my attack animation

Edit: ill reword my statement. Really good players, not bs fishers and parry spammers who never attack, know how to time their attacks and sometimes this comes of as not attacking because they are waiting to exploit you when you attack (again timing/counters). Notice i daid sometimes haha there are many more strategies for well-timed attacks.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:49 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:
    XuitusTheGreat wrote:its fine I just got extra salty when I got nude to a bs fisher and backed against a wall, for 30 seconds he just kept trying to squeeze behind me despite me being completely poiseless with no shield.... I just sat there watching him try squeezing behind me like "really bro?"

guess counter bs practice it is haha

edit: good players attack btw go fight juutas or aim lol they attack......a lot and hurt haha

I have played juutas and aim and i usually beat them because they attack so much. Also they dont do "foolish" attacks they do well timed attacks or unlocked ones. Also when i said good players wait and then attack i had juutas in mind...when i fought him i noticed hed press rt with his broadsword to try and catch me after i start up my attack animation

Edit: ill reword my statement. Really good players, not bs fishers and parry spammers who never attack, know how to time their attacks and sometimes this comes of as not attacking because they are waiting to exploit you when you attack (again timing/counters). Notice i daid sometimes haha there are many more strategies for well-timed attacks.

Lol I do attack a lot...but like you said it's never pointless. unless someone is mindlessly turtling. Then i'll blindly swing to get them to bleed...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:27 pm

RantFromRant wrote:

Sad, but true.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 pm

I use str weapons, and i mean use, not backstab with them. I really hate how most other people who use str weapons ruin my good name because they are too bad to really play the game. The same goes with midroll, i mid roll and i've learned the ins and out of it, most people treat me like a joke of an enemy because i mid roll, though i generally speaking prove them wrong on this.
    sfcc
    sfcc
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sfcc Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 pm

i use two Caestus with no armor and calamity ring funny thing is people run really all it takes is one hit and im dead, they only come at me 2v1, but i did find sameone who actually fought me with dual Caestus he let me change my equipment for a fair fight it was good one to he even sent his help away,but people will bow then backstab you in the middle of a bow...wear calamity ring cause no good fight but will take it off if person will fight me and give me time to put armor on and change ring
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm

If you are sick of duelling randoms, then invade. It is great. You don't know what to expect and how many people you will duel. If you want to take it one step further, try low level invading. I did a tour of Lordran with my SL 6. I had, probably 700+ host kills and it was awesome.
    Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Squashy_Avocado Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 pm

I don't really have a problem with this. I'm usually casting, so an opponent's passiveness usually makes things easier for me. It's the super aggressive players that give me a run for my money.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:26 pm

DemonOfFate wrote: I use str weapons, and i mean use, not backstab with them. I really hate how most other people who use str weapons ruin my good name because they are too bad to really play the game. The same goes with midroll, i mid roll and i've learned the ins and out of it, most people treat me like a joke of an enemy because i mid roll, though i generally speaking prove them wrong on this.
    yo bro http://mmdks.com/1x8j str midroll fist bump
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:37 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote: I use str weapons, and i mean use, not backstab with them. I really hate how most other people who use str weapons ruin my good name because they are too bad to really play the game. The same goes with midroll, i mid roll and i've learned the ins and out of it, most people treat me like a joke of an enemy because i mid roll, though i generally speaking prove them wrong on this.
    yo bro http://mmdks.com/1x8j str midroll fist bump

Pound it. Point Forward http://mmdks.com/1xie
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 am

Just hold a spear in your right hand. You'll get people all over you in my experience.

then you know...punish them for being too aggressive
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:24 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=133885748346377370

I'm pretty sure most of the people here don't fish for bses with Str weapons.
    Well, i hope they don't.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:04 am

reim0027 wrote:If you are sick of duelling randoms, then invade. It is great. You don't know what to expect and how many people you will duel. If you want to take it one step further, try low level invading. I did a tour of Lordran with my SL 6. I had, probably 700+ host kills and it was awesome.
    Oh, I tried that.
    Gankers.
    Jumper.
    Healer.
    Some more gankers.

It's unholy pain in the Asylum Demons huge ***.

If I host, the guy is forced to 1v1, unless it's in forest, or I'm Gravelording, meaning I control the fight, which I like, as it secures that I don;t have to put up with the forementioned scenarios when I invade.
    If the invader tries to pull some nonesense at me, I'll just sign out from PSN, which is faster and more plausible to me than using Black Crystal. Using BC is like saying I'm coward, but pulling the plug on invader is like saying "I ain't got time for your :dung: son!" IMO.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:18 am

^It's pretty much the same as running away. There's no difference.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:If you are sick of duelling randoms, then invade. It is great. You don't know what to expect and how many people you will duel. If you want to take it one step further, try low level invading. I did a tour of Lordran with my SL 6. I had, probably 700+ host kills and it was awesome.
    Oh, I tried that.
    Gankers.
    Jumper.
    Healer.
    Some more gankers.

It's unholy pain in the Asylum Demons huge ***.

If I host, the guy is forced to 1v1, unless it's in forest, or I'm Gravelording, meaning I control the fight, which I like, as it secures that I don;t have to put up with the forementioned scenarios when I invade.
    If the invader tries to pull some nonesense at me, I'll just sign out from PSN, which is faster and more plausible to me than using Black Crystal. Using BC is like saying I'm coward, but pulling the plug on invader is like saying "I ain't got time for your :dung: son!" IMO.
    I've done over 1,000 invasions and jumpers are not common (those who wait by summon spots to kill you). As for ganking and healing, of course they are going to do that. You are invading their world. They are questing. They will, and should, do everything they can to kill you. That is the fun.

Invading is not duelling. You can't invade with that mindset. Broaden your horizons. Learn to think on your feet. Learn to know where 3 people are at one time and how to manipulate it. I tell you, beating 3 people at once is a great feeling.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:30 pm

I sort of fall into this category of "he who doesn't attack", though I don't BS fish. Since I haven't PVP'd much, I'm learning by example from my opponents. How they react to my shield constantly being up, to me attacking, ect.

It worked pretty well too, I found myself getting more aggressive and familiar with alot of things in the last fight club I took part in. Wicked fun, that was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm