Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
nsane32
Tolvo
skarekrow13
Onion Knight
User1
Serious_Much
10 posters

Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off? Empty Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off?

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 pm

I look at reviews and they all say it's been made to be reminiscent of dark souls, that they've changed it up to be harder with this section..

Is this just some kind of marketing ploy for capcom to tap into the hardcore Souls fans for a few sales or something? The title certainly is.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off? Empty Re: Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off?

Post by User1 Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:25 pm

I dunno. Hell, it could be, but I don't have an honest idea.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off? Empty Re: Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off?

Post by Onion Knight Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:32 pm

'Gaming journalists' just compare anything with other games since they are too lazy or inept to describe or review games on their own terms.

Although I'm genuinely surprised they gave it a positive review since it's Japanese and breaks their myth of 'Japanese gaming industry is in decline. West will rule supreme.' e.t.c e.t.c

Also, did they mention that it was a complete rip-off to those who bought the original?
    (That's probably a rhetorical question.)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:59 pm

They said in bits that it was pretty good value DLC, and increased the difficulty up a notch- hence the comparisons probably.

They did say though that i was very much best for new players.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:14 pm

I just saw a PS4 game hype "article" in which the developers mentioned Dark Souls in a long list of games that they thought affected their decisions on what they made. The title of the article was basically implying that it was a Dark Souls clone. No gameplay footage. No preview. The developer used "Dark Souls" in a sentence and suddenly it's Dark Souls 3.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Personally I think most reviewers have been paid off when I notice how many games get 7-9's compared to how a system should actually work.

"Almost every game is above average!"

Then what the *** is average?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Tolvo wrote:Personally I think most reviewers have been paid off when I notice how many games get 7-9's compared to how a system should actually work.

"Almost every game is above average!"

Then what the *** is average?

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Very precise. silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm

I really miss the Critic, he even was in an episode of the Simpsons.

But yeah, Gaming Journalism has gone mostly to hell it seems.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Ugh, the Simpsons.

But, I can say with certainty that games like Bioshock Infinite and Skyrim are perfect of examples of how it has gone to hell.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:07 pm

yep just look at the call of duty games its the same dam games over and over again and yet it gets a 10 from almost every one
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Anyone with the guts to give it under a 5 out of 10 gets my undying respect.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

I give it a 2 out of 10
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

No.

Just because they both fit under medieval RPGs they just like to compare them 'cause derp.

But yeah, it is a lot harder now.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:34 pm

well dragons dogma is a good game the only problem I had with it was that once you got to level 80-100 the game was way to easy I killed the final boss dragon in 30 seconds
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Yeah that doesn't happen anymore.

My party of all 200s were massacred by Bitterblack. Came out of that mess almost 50 wakestones less.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:58 pm

sounds awesome ill have to buy it once I get some extra money
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:21 pm

I wouldn't really compare it to Dark Souls. But the game is naturally harder now, and Bitterback Isle isn't for the feign of heart. If you go in there acting like it is a beat em up, you are going to get smashed into the ground so hard.

Imagine the Post-Everfall x20.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Oh hey Proxy, I haven't seen you around the Off-topic in quite a while, back due to Dark Souls 2?
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:44 pm

I just realized that im the last of the original members except for Serious occasional post. its a lonely felling
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm an original member!

Oh hey Sane, is that a crisp one hundred by your feet! Why, if you say I'm an original member I think that might just be yours!

Also gaming Journalism, actual gaming journalism in this video about all the shady **** surrounding the new Star Trek game.

https://youtu.be/ZB7r9m9vYNA
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:20 am

by original I mean first day but your very close so ill count you as one. but back on topic yea just watched a video on the new star trek game the the online servers are broken and also if you go look on Metacritic right now youll see about 6 to 8 review that where made by the creators of the game and the scores are all 8 to 10 and their also denying that the servers dont work
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 am

The Developers also went onto the steam forums pretending to be normal players saying they could get online, and that the only issue could be from steam's servers trying to blame steam for the online issues.

For a Benjamin Sane would you perhaps tell them I'm an Administrator?
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 am

sure Mr.Administrator silly
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:30 am

I remember the game when it got hard.
    I found the Ur-Dragon total and utter degrading.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm