2. A lot of people don't even understand how it works.
3. Some people want the BP but are not willing to do the actual ground work to make them appear.
I have always believed that the best gravelording is done in a group. I know I had an event about a month ago but I made a mistake of not asking all the gravelords to use the same soul level.
If we gravelords agreed to a soul level and met at a specific spot we would surely curse eachothers worlds and would have fun invading each other.
Based on all the research and play time in the covenant I do not think it's broken.
1. It suffers from the same issues every PvP covenant suffers. IE bad connections or not the best net code for PvP. (every MP covenant does not have a 100% success invasion/co op rate)
2. It is misunderstood. Who knew when this game came out that the sign follows the gravelord servant? NO ONE!
3. The biggest problem is there are not enough people playing the gravelord.
a. The 3 gravelord events that occured (December, January and in Japan NITO DAY) caused an increase in reported BP activity. You can see this everytime there is a concerted effort to bring the Pure Black World Tendency (PWBT) from Demon Souls via the Gravelord covenant.
b. The game is only 4 almost 5 months old and there are new discoveries still being made althought at a slower rate.
So my proposal is for the next gravelord event we have a single soul level and play gravelord against gravelord.