Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
BeeSeaEss
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
Ahhotep1
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Squashy_Avocado
11 posters

Mechanics Guild -- Messengers of Velka

Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Mechanics Guild -- Messengers of Velka - Page 2 Empty Re: Mechanics Guild -- Messengers of Velka

Post by Squashy_Avocado Fri May 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Why thank you! lol
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Mechanics Guild -- Messengers of Velka - Page 2 Empty Re: Mechanics Guild -- Messengers of Velka

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat May 11, 2013 10:03 am

Hmmm, they are not here...yet? I'm on it. Nicely, of course! Seriously, I'll send a linked reminder. They were definitely interested! big grin
    Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Squashy_Avocado Sat May 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Reminder to all that our first meeting is tomorrow. Show up if you're interested, but don't forget to sign up here if you want to receive credit for your attendance.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat May 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Is this the meeting you speak of?

"Each Sunday, from 1:00AM - 4:00AM GMT , The Guild will meet to learn and practice the decided upon PvP mechanic(s). Each Guildsman is awarded one point for participation. (side note: there is also a possibility that we could have a second meeting, also on sunday, for people in difficult timezones. just let me know, and I'd be glad to work something out).

"Subterfuge Sunday" Chat<< you must post here if you want to receive credit for your attendance."

Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Squashy_Avocado Sat May 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Thank you, Ahhotep. Prospective members pease refer to this ^
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat May 11, 2013 10:29 pm

It's entirely possible I'm mistaken about this... however, would not 1:00 am GMT Sunday be a half hour ago?
    Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Squashy_Avocado Sun May 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Ah I see where the confusion is.. Sorry about that I'll fix it. It's meant to be on Sunday night. Should say 1:00 am GMT Monday. Look Skyward In most NA timezones that will be close to around 8:00pm on Sunday. I'll fix it. Sorry for the confusion Hugh.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun May 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Squashy_Avocado wrote:Ah I see where the confusion is.. Sorry about that I'll fix it. It's meant to be on Sunday night. Should say 1:00 am GMT Monday. Look Skyward In most NA timezones that will be close to around 8:00pm on Sunday. I'll fix it. Sorry for the confusion Hugh.

Nice catch Hugh! happy +rep for you!

Squashy, it happens. I had a serious "brain fart" yesterday which could have caused major confusion. Fortunately, a watchful person brought it to my attention quickly.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun May 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Squashy_Avocado wrote:Ah I see where the confusion is.. Sorry about that I'll fix it. It's meant to be on Sunday night. Should say 1:00 am GMT Monday. Look Skyward In most NA timezones that will be close to around 8:00pm on Sunday. I'll fix it. Sorry for the confusion Hugh.

No prob, I'm just glad to find out I haven't lost it yet! lol!

Ahhotep1 wrote:Nice catch Hugh! happy +rep for you!

Thank you, M'am! Proper Bow Yeah, I'm surprised nobody caught it. I was seriously thinking I was being stupid somehow... :drunken: but no matter what I did I couldn't convince myself that Sunday 1:00am GMT wasn't Saturday Evening here. silly

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun May 12, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm on GMT.
    Right now, it's 6:20PM.
    Could that give a rough idea of how many hours difference there is? Different parts of America have different times, so I was thinking it might give an exact time.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun May 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Oh, the mix-up was Squash put 1:00am Sunday GMT but it's supposed to be Sunday US time so it should be 1:00am Monday GMT. He fixed it, everythings cool now.........

Except; I was under the impression that the west coast was 7 hours behind GMT during daylight savings time in the US. 6:20am would be 8 hours ahead of 10:20am (PST at the time of your post, Renegade). 😕 Oh, dear...
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun May 12, 2013 2:42 pm

I think you're right actually. I don't think I took daylight saving times into consideration.
    Forgive me. :oops:
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun May 12, 2013 2:42 pm

EDST + 4 = GMT
    CDST + 5 = "
    MDST + 6 = "
    PDST + 7 = "

Daylight Saving Time.

FYI for all:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/est/

big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun May 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Oh, yeah! This link below can be used by anyone anywhere to convert their time to any other time. Just follow instructions.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

cheers
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun May 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Ok... so... I might still be ok. I was right on all the times (btw, Ahho I was on that site yesterday to triple check that I wasn't crazy silly). But, I'm wondering how on earth Renegade gave the wrong time because of daylight savings time. 😕 GMT doesn't observe daylight savings time. So the time is the time in GMT year round, no? Did you just look at the clock wrong?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun May 12, 2013 3:57 pm

I believe they do Hugh...but not same start or end time to Daylight Saving time.

They call it "Summer Time"
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:I believe they do Hugh...but not same start or end time to Daylight Saving time.

They call it "Summer Time"

Thank you again, Madame Proper Bow
    JamieJae
    JamieJae
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JamieJae Sun May 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Being a Phantom would be nice, I don't really have the time right now to host but soon I should so if anyone is hosting on xbox I'd like to join in as a summon.
    JamieJae
    JamieJae
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JamieJae Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Also sorry for the double post but If I hang out in the chatango can I still be counted as being part of it if no one is on xbox atm?
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon May 13, 2013 10:46 am

I commend you for this Squashy, you are promoted.

I would like to be a trainer as well. Only the bravest nights may serve our goddess Velka.

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon May 13, 2013 1:44 pm

cheers Congrats Squashy on your Promotion!! Well Done!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:27 am