Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

A mindset to avoid "lagstabs"

kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A mindset to avoid "lagstabs" Empty A mindset to avoid "lagstabs"

Post by kazumoshi Thu May 09, 2013 5:04 am

I'm not sure if I'm not understanding this "lagstab" or people are just misunderstanding things, but here's a way to avoid those strange looking "hey I rolled out of that" backstabs.

When I roll away from an attack, I view it as not a movement of character, but a temporary stasis followed by instant teleportation. You're character is in a standstill until about 3/4 of the animation has been executed. This is why people are able to circle around where you were and still get a backstab on you. understanding this can help you realize it is sometimes just better to back off with your shield up than it is to fervently roll away.

(I could be entirely wrong here, but this is the mindset that's helped me to avoid backstabs)
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A mindset to avoid "lagstabs" Empty Re: A mindset to avoid "lagstabs"

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu May 09, 2013 6:00 am

the main problem is that rolls have no "throw invul." and quite a bit of startup (to speak in fighting game terms). so if you execute a roll your hurtbox stays in place for a couple of frames. rolling AWAY from the opponent also turns your back so you maybe even getting stabbed by accident. if you must roll out of fear for the okizeme then try to roll INTO the opponent (lag still might get you stabbed). also be aware that the big quality and str weapons have tickthrow setups after stagger and want you to roll away.
    just adding to kazumoshis insightful post.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Thu May 09, 2013 1:25 pm

I think I remember that post. Where he goes in depths about all the micro mechanics that come into play. I was actually wanting to re-read it it. I did a general search but couldn't find it. Any way someone can point me in the right direction?

*Edit for clarification*
    I remember a post a while back that goes into the details of "tick" attacks and small things like that. *

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 am