Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
SlakeMoth
nsane32
Ser Winston
Spurgun
NeoGeoKitsune
Zechk
PlasticandRage
User
Maneater_Mildred
Tolvo
berkut
Reaperfan
Uparkaam
Carphil
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
Whknight
21 posters

Meaning or Origin of your Screen Name!

Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Meaning or Origin of your Screen Name! Empty Meaning or Origin of your Screen Name!

Post by Whknight Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:24 am

Figured this could be a fun idea, state the meaning, origin, or both of your screen name.

My screen name origin comes from a line of Irish hereditary knighthoods, and the meaning of it is that I will to stand up for the weak and protect those who I care for. As I am Scot-Irish and really into the medieval period it's very personal to me. I would probably fall over dead if the Queen of England ever gave me the title.

In events where I am not able to use the base I'll add on 009, honestly I just figured why not pull a double zero and some random number and figured why not 9. In hindsight FF9 is one of my favorite FF games, still perfer 4 though.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Meaning or Origin of your Screen Name! Empty Re: Meaning or Origin of your Screen Name!

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:12 am

Because it's the exact opposite of how I act big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Meaning or Origin of your Screen Name! Empty Re: Meaning or Origin of your Screen Name!

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:58 pm

ah, i already posted this somewhere and now i have to retype it. It started as a joke but i took it anyways. I haunt places like forums looking for whatever relevant information i can find and the tell/practice with anyone who seems like they need to know/is willing. the goal being to break the hold of the hyper skilled pricks who whoard techniques and give others the benefit of everyones experience. also i like both skilled opponents and teaching. The 'pirate' references the blue rogues in skies of arcadia with similar ideas. if you haven't played it think robin hood, then play it.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Because a friend had one idea to create a youtube shared account with me, and then after posting like 3 videos he left it to me, so I just changed the password and stickied with this name
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:52 pm

My name is the word maakrapu backwards. It means landlubber in English. Don't really know why I took it.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Mine goes waaaaaaay back to my first days online. I was just starting up my first Runescape character and didn't want to make a name with numbers or bracketing X's or anything, I wanted it to be unique (because we've all seen that guy who thinks XxxSasuke435xxX is a good screenname right?) My favorite TV show at the time was The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, with my favorite character being Grim. I went on a pretty convoluted naming scheme to come up with something that nobody would have taken as a Runescape name before me so I could avoid the "naming placeholder characters" similar to the following:

Grim is my favorite character > I am a fan of Grim > I am a fan of the Grim Reaper > I am one of the Reaper's fans > I am a Reaper fan > Reaperfan

I've been asked if I like the show "Reaper" (which came out after the name developed and I've honestly never watched), and even been accused of having some kind of fascination with death (ala the "I am a fan of the Grim Reaper" step above), but neither are true and much more based on a cartoon character in a kids TV show happy

I still use the name even after all this time (I think it's been about 8-9 years now) because I heard about the Greater Internet ****wad Theory and didn't want to fall prey to it. If you see a Reaperfan online anywhere, it's probably the same me from here since I kind of adopted this name for my online persona.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:40 pm

I usually go for two names online berkut (or berkut4796) for accounts, and Foley ElCid for character names (such as in Battlefield Bad Company 2). For some reason I find fighter jets really neat. If I had to pick my favorite jet, it would be the SU-37 Terminator. However, I didn't really feel like calling myself 'Terminator' for my online accounts, so I went for another Russian fighter jet that was also another test bed platform, which happened to be the SU-47 Berkut.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:31 pm

When I was but a young boy in Highschool during my sophomore year I was invited to a table at lunch, by a friend. There I met a big group of people that I stayed friends with for quite a few years, two of which I'm still very close friends with. One of these two upon seeing me pointed at me and said, "You look like a Tolvo!" It stuck instantly, and from then on most people called me by that name. In fact even some of my family use that name for me, actors I work with, writers I talk with, most people call me Tolvo. It is so set in now that when people ask me my name I just say Tolvo, sometimes I forget that I am actually Max.

EDIT: Yes it is Thrawn, the Legend.

Last edited by Tolvo on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Thrawn Pic?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Hmmm i wonder where.....

As for my psn name(zog1313) well zog was my fav D&D toon from way back in my younger years. Zog was a half ogre fighter with a twin brother called bog.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Did not know you played D&D happy
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Where to begin...

As you know, my name is Acidic Cook. What you don't know, is that derives from the name Benny 'Acidic' Cook. Benny was one of my later characters I created in a game called Fallout: New Vegas. Benny Cook was a scientist, a survivalist, and a pyromaniac. He created poisons, drugs, super drugs, and food. He even made his own fuel, in which he used to burn everyone with his flamethrower, if he did not use his dynamite and other explosives. Of course, he was also a demolition expert, and had a ton load of grenades, dynamite, mines, and all sorts of goodies. Benny Cook, later called Benny 'Acidic' Cook, worked for the Genghis tribe, and was a full on cook of all sorts of goodies, good and bad.

So now you know. I was once known as Thanatos666-, with all sorts of negatives and dark meanings towards that name. But later on, it changed ever so often to Acidic_Cook. Seemed to be catchy and funny. I had a whole bunch of names I made up, but this one is the newest and finest.

P.S. Fallout 3 is still better than new vegas, and I don't think I have played New Vegas in a while, nor any other RPG to that matter.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Metal lyrics. Of course. It's from the In Flames song Colony. So great
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 pm

berkut wrote:Did not know you played D&D happy

Yeah old nerd alert.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:

Yeah old nerd alert.

I don't think anyone is going to make fun of how nerdy any of us are on a Dark Souls fan forum website haha.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:35 am

Tolvo wrote:
    Maneater_Mildred wrote:

Yeah old nerd alert.

I don't think anyone is going to make fun of how nerdy any of us are on a Dark Souls fan forum website haha.

Lol so true.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:38 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:As for my psn name(zog1313) well zog was my fav D&D toon from way back in my younger years. Zog was a half ogre fighter with a twin brother called bog.

I'm more curious in knowing where your forum name comes from. Seriously, how do you think these things up?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:42 am

It's a very Orcish sounding name, I often played a variation of Orc when I did DnD. Often playing races like that were great because of the names you could come up with, as well as the fun. In a party full of elves named Alucard, Felafel, and Syndwin, I was Morzak the might Orcish warrior!

But we are getting pretty off topic.

I actually have multiple names I use on different places. Two common ones are Ghoul and Maxdom. Maxdom was one I made when I was very young, Maximum Domination, wasn't I so clever and awesome as a child?

Ghoul is a more recent one due to my fixation upon the grotesque and macabre, this one I usually use for writing circles online. When I first saw my hollowed character after spending so much time customizing them, I was so happy. I usually play as a hollowed, I love being undead haha.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:10 am

Mine comes from way back in the distant past. When I was playing WoW, I had a habit of using latin names which were a play on words in English. My main char (an undead rogue for those who care) was called 'Nihil' (in fact this was my 'online name' for all things gaming and still is wherever possible.) 'Nihil' means 'Nothing' in English. Geddit? I couldn't think of a good name for my character so I called him nothing, just in another language. Yeah I was a bit up myself on the whole literary thing silly

Anyway, the idea matured and became a sort of in-joke for my guild, so I had:
    Honoratus (Honourable) the Orc warrior
    Lususnaturae (A freak of Nature) the Druid
    Maleficus (mischievous or evil-doing) the Undead Rogue
    Lumen (Light) the Paladin

And so on. I can't remember them all.

I even ended up naming one of my guild mate's characters, which is a funny story. He called his chars things like 'Accident' and 'Consequence' so that when he crafted items they would say 'Made by Accident' on them. At one point, a Blizzard GM went 'You can't do that,change the names' so I suggested he rename Consequence 'Consentire',
    which you guessed it, means 'consequence' in Latin. The GM never worked it out.

Problem is, a lot of people seem to use the name 'Nihil', so I often find myself being unable to get the name I want. Now at the time, I was reading some Star Wars book or something, and it had a character called Zeck in it I think. I thought, well, if I can't have Nihil maybe I can have that. No dice. So losing my patience and continuing the 'I like to do witty/silly things with language theme' I decided to add a slient 'h' and went 'ha, jokes on you internets! It's still pronounced Zeck!' and did the dance of joy.

And thus a Legend was born silly

Since nobody else has done it, I've been able to get Zechk pretty much everywhere in the intervening years, so generally I try for Nihil and end up with Zechk. These days I'm more well known as Zechk, so I kinda have to bite the bullet and go with that.
    NeoGeoKitsune
    NeoGeoKitsune

Post by NeoGeoKitsune Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:56 pm

My screen name is derived from the classic arcade system software known as Neo Geo which was developed by SNK (who are now known as SNK Playmore), and i am a major fan of SNK's fighting games thus covering the Neo Geo part of my screen name.

Kitsune is the Japanese word for 'Fox' they are more commonly spoken of in myths and legends in Ancient Japan as their form of deity, and the more tails a Kitsune has corresponds to how wise it is. Fox's are my favorite animal so instead of having the name of 'NeoGeoFox' i chose to have a much characterised persona.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 am

i don't know why i picked this name silly i use it on all the forums that i am registered in.
    Ser Winston
    Ser Winston

Post by Ser Winston Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:46 pm

My signature explains it. Sir Winston Churchill is my personal hero, and I've taken the name after him. :00004:

If spaces aren't permitted with a username, I use "dancinginfernal", which originated when I was a child playing Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Speaking of that game, I'm now encouraged to go play it. That game is equivocal to Deus Ex for me. :00006:
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 pm

my name applies to but I made it unique by taking out the I and just nsane and the 32 is my favorite number
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Mine comes from a sci-fi novel by China Mieville called 'Perdido Street Station' which is one of a trilogy set in the BasLag universe. He is one of my favourite authors and the slakemoths in question are fearsome beasts. They are totally merciless and suck out their victim's souls leaving a dead husk behind. Something I do on a daily basis (I'm joking honest).

Anyway, I heartily reccommend China Mieville's books to anyone who enjoys reading high end science fiction. They are unique and the scope of his imagination is breathtaking

I hope China Mieville does not mind me (mis) appropriating his creation in this way if he reads this wiki.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:06 am

First forum I ever registered to, I was just starting to play FF8 so Rinoa came to mind, but it was taken and so I went for a Y.
    I use it since then 'cause it's usually not taken so I don't have to add numbers or symbols, and because if I started to use different nicks on different websites, I'd go crazy big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am