Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
PlasticandRage
Zeta Prime
SadPanda
7 posters

Fire Emblem anyone?

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Fire Emblem anyone? Empty Fire Emblem anyone?

Post by SadPanda Thu May 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Does anyone else on the forum play Fire Emblem? It's certainly my favorite turn based strategy series.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fire Emblem anyone? Empty Re: Fire Emblem anyone?

Post by Zeta Prime Thu May 23, 2013 9:26 pm

only the sacred stones....ONLY THE SACRED STONESSSSSSSSSSS
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu May 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Poliwrath wrote:only the sacred stones....ONLY THE SACRED STONESSSSSSSSSSS
    What about Awakening? Shrug
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Thu May 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Is that the second one for wii?? none of the others have the emotional depth of the sacred stones.. they all kind of seem like a joke after it. (in my opinion)... maybe it's just because stones is the first i played.. but it just felt like the stories got bad and overlong while the sacred stones was darker and much more emotional.. plus it didnt have the terrible videos and voice acting of the others.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu May 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Awakening is the one that came out for 3DS about 3 months ago. The Wii ones aren't too bad, and Sacred Stones is easily my favorite before Awakening. If you haven't played it and you're a Fire Emblem fan, Prayer play it for the love of God. It's amazing Prostration
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Thu May 23, 2013 10:27 pm

i dont know if im brave nuff i dont want to be hurt anymore by bad sequels D:
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu May 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Most likely the best handheld sequel I've ever player.
    Plus, 100th post!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 23, 2013 11:26 pm

I've enjoyed all the ones I've played. All 3 of the GBA ones are great. The 2 Radiant ones, the first way more than the second though, and the couple for SNES that have been translated to English. I think as of now the only one of the SNES ones I've played all the way through is the one with Sigurd. I can't remember which that is.

I'd say it's my favorite strategy rpg, but because in the west we technically have only gotten 5, out of a lot more than that, and not a great 5 to boot, I refuse to make a statement like that. Srpg fans in the western world always get shafted. It's happening again currently with Valkyria Chronicles. The first one was spectacular, then for some unknowable reason they made the second one solely for an aging portable system, then released the third one only in Japan. Makes no sense to me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Ummm I played with marth and roy on smash bros melee? lol!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 pm

I'll never understand why those were the two lord characters they chose for those Smash Bros games. Give me Ike, Sigurd, Lyndis, or Hector any day of the week.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Fri May 24, 2013 9:30 pm

I bought the Awakening 3DS bundle and I've played the crap out of it. That being said, I prefer the GBA games more.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri May 24, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm pretty unhappy that the latest game they've made is for a system I will never own. There are some good games for DS. I actually owned for a short time because there were some things I wanted to play, 3DS seems pretty niche to me, as well as being pretty expensive for something that I see as being niche.

Fire Emblem would literally be the only game I'd buy it for, and I already had to do that with Wii. I bought the system just to play Radiant Dawn, and it ended up not even being all that spectacular. I thought the gameplay was spectacular, but I think by continuously moving you to different forces with different units, and then sending you to endgame with like 6 or 7 preset "god" characters, like the single one you chose for endgame in Path of Radiance, kind of ruined what I like about those games to begin with. Building the force with the characters I want is half the fun.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:05 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I'm pretty unhappy that the latest game they've made is for a system I will never own. There are some good games for DS. I actually owned for a short time because there were some things I wanted to play, 3DS seems pretty niche to me, as well as being pretty expensive for something that I see as being niche.

Fire Emblem would literally be the only game I'd buy it for, and I already had to do that with Wii. I bought the system just to play Radiant Dawn, and it ended up not even being all that spectacular. I thought the gameplay was spectacular, but I think by continuously moving you to different forces with different units, and then sending you to endgame with like 6 or 7 preset "god" characters, like the single one you chose for endgame in Path of Radiance, kind of ruined what I like about those games to begin with. Building the force with the characters I want is half the fun.

I thought the same thing at first, but I have to say that this years 3ds lineup is better than any single year on the ds(and there were some really good release years for it). Etrian Odyssey 4, Fire emblem Awakening, Castlevania, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, animal Crossing: new leaf, etc..etc.. I will tell you that the system is not niche only. The increased power and the 3d really make for some fun and unique games. My boys bought the 3dsxl versions on sale for $149.00 so you can find them reasonable if you look. I Highly recommend getting this system though if you can swing it. You won't be disappointed. Check out my 2013 game thread for a lost of games for this year. I am sure we will get a few surprises this week too:)
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 pm

SadPanda wrote:Does anyone else on the forum play Fire Emblem? It's certainly my favorite turn based strategy series.

My boys have it (so by default I have it too:). They really like it and keep urging me to try it which I plan to do later this summer. They both finished Shadow Dragon and really liked it, but they seem to think Awakening is even better. I like turn based games (loved the SMT Devil Survivor games) so I think it will be really fun when I get into it. We are playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate together right now (great game btw) so it may be a bit before I start it. I also want to play SMT Soul Hackers this Month and SMT iV is out in a month so I am realistically looking at end summer before I will get to it.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm pretty much a FE vet, 7 is my favorite one, it has Nino .

I liked Shadow Dragons Gameplay the most, it was really challenging, i like the Story of Path of Radiance the most .

I didn't like Radiant Dawn or Gow and Heroes of light and Shadow had this *** bland mary sue overpowered neccesarry for Lunatic My *** Unit .

And since i hate the My Unit feature and there is no good 3DS Emulator i don't have a 3DS i pretty much skipped over Awakening .
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 pm

I just recently got around to buying a PsP. Not too too huge on portable systems, though I'll admit that I emulate them when I can. My big issue with the Nintendo ones though is really my big issue with Nintendo in general. They just don't seem to get the third party developers supporting their systems the way the other franchises do. Their flagship games are all great, and every year when I see the new ones come out a part of me is upset because I know I won't see them, and the reason is that they're usually the only thing for those systems I ever want to play. Maybe I'll look into 3DS though. If there's enough there to actually warrant a buy I'd consider it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 am