Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
homelessguy
Sanhedrim
Scurrilous Straggler
BrotherBob
Hugh_G_Johnson
Shkar
Latitoast
samster628
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JohnnyHarpoon
Dibsville
dragonblade
16 posters

A different take on Lautrec

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A different take on Lautrec  - Page 2 Empty Re: A different take on Lautrec

Post by BrotherBob Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:35 pm

xSomax wrote:brother, keep in mind that crestfallen, petrus, tomb, all of these carry heavy risks.  crestfallen is quite a slugger just sittin there at firelink, and once he's hollow he's quite powerful. not worth the humanity he'd get. same with petrus. petrus is a renowned warrior cleric, skilled in quite a few miracles, especially force which i must say lautrec doesn't like. take into account petrus' shady past and motivations, and its just not worth it.and ToG? really? i'd say *** going into the catacombs. too many traps, bone-wheel skellies, pinwheel, giant skellies, skellie dogs, skellie towers, patches, all just for reah? how bout no. in comparison getting to anor londo is a cakewalk. the chosen undead clears a lot of it for him after all, and the traps in sens are a joke without the snakes and ****. theres really no saying who actually got there first though. i'm under the impression that lautrec followed you to anor londo, and just walked around with his bro's from there, since he had a goddess' protection. while you were fighting **** he was planning out whatever he was planning, un-hindered. even if he didn't follow you, he still had to wait for you to open the gate to sens. while you were messing around down there trying to get out of blight town or whatever, he could have easily gotten to anor londo, especially with fina's protection. thats all just conjecture though
    The fact that the player runs into him at the main hall in Anor Londo, in my opinion, implies that he arrived prior to the player. If he followed the player, I would imagine that it would make more sense to have the Black Eye Orb activate after the player defeats Ornstein and Smough. Of course, that's my opinion though. It could also make sense that Lautrec passed you as you stopped to chat with Solaire at the bonfire. Assuming that the player follows Lautrec to Anor Londo and not the other way around (such that Lautrec is ahead of the player), it would mean that he braved the Anor Londo Archers, which entails some of the greatest risk in the game. So, I ask, if he was willing to take that risk, why not the others that you mentioned?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Or you could be traveling into the future. That would make sense as well. The real weird thing is that he's in dark Londo, but maybe he didn't kill Gwynevere, but this is after the illusion faded, either on it's own, or when you kill her.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:16 pm

you missed what i meant, or i worded that poorly. i meant he follows you TOO anor londo. not through it. he probably kept close but out of sight during sens and let you do the heavy lifting, and while you were busy fighting the sentinels or a mimic or talking to the firekeeper or something once you arrived at AL, booked it on ahead. hell he may have been the one who put the bridge as it was when we see it. he might also have been the one that closed the cathedral door on you. considering this is a bit of an out of the way side-quest, its not too far-fetched to think he didn't want to fight you, but once you invaded there was no going back. as you know its either hit the boss fog or rip em to shreds. he had 2 buddies, so he probably felt pretty confident at that point. in other words, there was a factor that off-set his risk when fighting you, whether he had a choice or not
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Here's a new direction. The only reason I collect Firekeep souls is for a stronger Estus, not for humanity, the description even recommends against is so it must be common knowledge that only idiots humanitize firekeeper souls. I choose a Firekeeper to be loyal depending if Im pyromancy or DMB, whathaveyou and kill the rest. So may be it's as simple as him needing some estus. 

I also believe Fina to be an other-dialect pseudonym of Gwynevere as they both represent fateful beauty and fertility. If not.

VaatiVidya speculates interestingly that Fina's love is more like a brainwash mechanism than a thing to be desired.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:05 pm

religion being brainwashing. imagine that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm