Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Tolvo
Jansports
swordiris
Hugh_G_Johnson
Ahhotep1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Wilkinson3424
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Emergence
GrinTwist
bunnywink
skarekrow13
17 posters

Calling ALL covenants. Yeah, you too buddy!

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Calling ALL covenants. Yeah, you too buddy! - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling ALL covenants. Yeah, you too buddy!

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Not sure what it is, but I'm interested. :razz:   But don't forget that Dark Souls Fencing is coming up July 20th and is open to everyone!

Luvz2fight had an idea for an archery contest while we were brainstorming ideas for an event.  Something like that might be fun.  We also talked about having 2 people race to the chandelier on the rafters armed with only a bow; so you could try to knock the other person off or beat them to the chandelier.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Calling ALL covenants. Yeah, you too buddy! - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling ALL covenants. Yeah, you too buddy!

Post by swordiris Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:19 pm

We will join your shenanigans.

Sounds fun.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Sweet! Will add ya now
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:19 am

The Exiles have a monthly 2v2 event and group style pvp can happen in the arena, the forest and dark AL (like many people are in dark AL) So my original idea was to have the Exiles offer tips / tricks for taking on more than one opponent at a time, and how to pay attention to your allies. But many of the suggest events so far are much less....fatal for most participants.

So I don't think I'll be suggesting that afterall

But this does remind me of a thread I need to make.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:49 am

Jansports wrote:The Exiles have a monthly 2v2 event and group style pvp can happen in the arena, the forest and dark AL (like many people are in dark AL) So my original idea was to have the Exiles offer tips / tricks for taking on more than one opponent at a time, and how to pay attention to your allies. But many of the suggest events so far are much less....fatal for most participants.

So I don't think I'll be suggesting that afterall

But this does remind me of a thread I need to make.

Jans, If I may have your permission to post your pm. You expressed yourself well in it regarding what the Exiled could possibly do.

And are you thinking what I think your thinking? Hope so!! You'll do well. Remember what I said. big grin

To all other Exiled...if ya have an idea speak up. This is your time to be creative and shine!!! If your idea is good (read that as..most like it) we will fly with it. cheers
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:54 am

Jans I'd suggest checking out For the Glory of Alvina and talking with Forest Hunters if you want an event in regarding to teaching people how to fight Gankers, it's their job after all.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:58 am

Tolvo wrote:Jans I'd suggest checking out For the Glory of Alvina and talking with Forest Hunters if you want an event in regarding to teaching people how to fight Gankers, it's their job after all.

Hahaha! Cute Tolvo! lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:58 am

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that.

In any case, I lay claim to the knocking out of the ring part of the Sumo idea!  silly

And I'm up for an archery contest, as long as people can keep this about just having fun and relaxing I'll probably be interested.  Depends on the day though, I can't remember if you have days planned, but if it's around my birthday I'll have to cancel.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:08 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:Jans I'd suggest checking out For the Glory of Alvina and talking with Forest Hunters if you want an event in regarding to teaching people how to fight Gankers, it's their job after all.

Hahaha! Cute Tolvo! lol!

Tolvo wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that.

I am as equally confused now
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:30 pm

The Dragons are in
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Awesome! Will add you now. 

For everyone, it sounds like the Fair atmosphere seems to be popular so I'll assume that's the direction we're going for now. What time frames seem best to everyone?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:01 pm

I'd say the official events time has been great to me, it usually begins at 8pm and when most people leave its about 1am, it works on weekends
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Sorry, meant date or dates. Although that's a good call too
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Any time during july, after the 4th, I will be free.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:18 pm

The Cult would like to join in on the event.

I have to ask though, is the covenant going to be strictly PVP or will there be co-op in it?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:09 am

I'll add ya. To answer your question. The sky's the limit. With the current format, each covenant will be responsible for one or two activities. Most likely like a booth at a fair. So during the event, a member (or more) would have to be available to man the booth. A Gremlin example might be we decide to prank the forest. So a Gremlin summons interested parties in the forest and prank invaders. Like spam aural decoy incessantly, or a weird cosplay or something
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:37 am

Alright, I've been a neglectful Gremlin the last couple of days.  A couple thoughts: 

Ahho, did the Exiled reach a conclusion on participating yet?  

From the feedback I have gotten from people I think early August might work out the best.  If anyone sees a conflict let me know and feel free to keep throwing suggestions at me.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:54 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Alright, I've been a neglectful Gremlin the last couple of days.  A couple thoughts: 

Ahho, did the Exiled reach a conclusion on participating yet?  

From the feedback I have gotten from people I think early August might work out the best.  If anyone sees a conflict let me know and feel free to keep throwing suggestions at me.

If the Fair venue has been decided upon then, yes! The Exiled will most willingly contribute what we can toward helping you make this a success! big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Awesome!  Let's go with the Fair Theme then!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:51 pm

If all goes well, my humble little new cov might be large enough by then to participate.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:59 pm

With the particular theme of the event, you could sign up in the hope of attracting new members if you'd like.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:41 pm

I'll do that then, treat everyone to a nice big black phantom buffet from our favorite lord of death.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:14 am

Alright, I want to get this actually rolling before two long.  

My best guess for time frame at the moment is the first weekend in August probably Saturday and Sunday (the 3rd and 4th). Times will be the standard 7 or 8 until everyone decides to pack it in.  

What we'll need from each covenant: 
    -One or two "activities" for your "booth"
    Be creative. Be fun.  Represent your covenant with pride.  Anything is fair game.  The archery contest idea is spectacular.  You can also show a new person "the ropes" of your covenant, whether that's a coached invasion, a co-op session, etc. I think the Gremlins will likely summon "visitors" to our booth for themed pranks (aka, harassing invaders).  Again, pretty much anything goes.  I want each covenant to really try to show off their booth at the fair.  Make people want to visit!

-A plan for manning the booth. Whatever your idea is, there should be people there to implement it. For the Gremlin booth for example, we will have to organize ourselves to have one or more hosts looking to summon visitors during our "open hours."  

-A covenant liaison for planning purposes.  When the thread goes up it will be more consistent looking if one person does updates to the thread.  Since I started this nonsense I'm more than happy to do that.  If someone else wants the challenge feel free to ask.  My intention is to make the first post a brief explanation of concept and have a directory (like the Gremlin Headquarters first post).  Unless someone is opposed to the idea, I will list the covenants in the order in which they expressed interest (first post of this thread).  
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 am

Hm, I think our covenant will have one booth for co-op and another for PvP that might attract a few people to the covenant. 

I'll just have to think of what the theme of it will be.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Thinking.....

big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 am