Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
robsthedon
JohnnyHarpoon
raecor14
xenon_nobelium
RANT
Latitoast
Sneezer
Encore
Leet
Dibsville
Lmaousine
15 posters

Obsidian Greatsword VS Great Lord Greatsword

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Obsidian Greatsword VS Great Lord Greatsword - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsidian Greatsword VS Great Lord Greatsword

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:44 am

Sneezer wrote:The GLGS is a powerful choice in a quality build due to it having the highest AR of the greatswords, if you can get by without R2s.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Obsidian Greatsword VS Great Lord Greatsword - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsidian Greatsword VS Great Lord Greatsword

Post by Sneezer Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:50 am

Dibsville wrote:Actually, the Bastard Sword is only barely outdamaged by the GLGS, except when two-handed the BS outdamages GLGS.

The GLGS has the highest base AR, only being beaten out by 1 point when two handed.
    Though arguing for the sake of arguing is pointless.

Last edited by Sneezer on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 am

Sneezer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Actually, the Bastard Sword is only barely outdamaged by the GLGS, except when two-handed the BS outdamages GLGS.

The GLGS still has the highest AR anyway, even when two handing the bastard sword.

http://mmdks.com/2r6b
    Check again

You put it in the left hand. Obviously can't 2h something in your left hand besides a Bow or Greatbow.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 am

I did, you posted before my edit, it would seem.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:55 am

I'm too tired to know what I'm doing currently, so don't take what I'm saying too far.

Don't forget that it also weighs 2.0 less and has the stunlock moveset. 1AR or not, it's better just from those two things alone.

Oh, and it can be buffed.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:58 am

Dibsville wrote:I'm too tired to know what I'm doing currently, so don't take what I'm saying too far.

Don't forget that it also weighs 2.0 less and has the stunlock moveset. 1AR or not, it's better just from those two things alone.

Oh, and it can be buffed.

I had never said that the GLGS was the best greatsword, nor do I think it is. The entire point of that post was to compare the OGS and GLGS, but apparently you missed that.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:00 am

You also missed my point, but again, I'm too tired to think about what I'm doing. Seriously, don't take what I say too far.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:05 am

Your point is that the GLGS only 'sort of' has the highest AR, which I see is now true, and that there are much more practical and diverse greatswords, which I acknowledge. I was merely attempting to speak from a purely objective perspective in my comparison of the two weapons. 

But yes, I won't take what you're saying too far, so I digress.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:34 am

man serpent greatsword should be taken into consideration. @27str it does 430+/520+ dmg. yeah it's heavy, but it has an awesome moveset (unlike the other two swords).
    ot: i like the glgs, its R2s aren't that bad. if you keep your spacing and manually aim them they can be pretty glorious, the recovery after the attack is pretty good. of course the typical roll Bs will punish it, but what doesn't get punished by it when theory-fighting?
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:08 am

OSG is better, it dose more damage at base (the only way you shouls ever use this sword) and can be buffed, its 2HR2 is also effected by the buff, on my mage that uses it i do about 700 HP per hit.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:34 am

Dibsville wrote:Yes, the GLGS is a ******* copy of it.

The only difference is the DBS was actually viable, the GLGS is for R1 stunlocks.

I always saw the Demon Great Machete as more of the DBS in Dark Souls.  Not moveset-wise at all, I mean - purely aesthetically speaking (and just generally lamer).

Still, I'd probably agree and vote OGS because of moveset.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 am

The GLGS is best, the OGS gets boring real quick.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Yes, the GLGS is a ******* copy of it.

The only difference is the DBS was actually viable, the GLGS is for R1 stunlocks.

I always saw the Demon Great Machete as more of the DBS in Dark Souls.  Not moveset-wise at all, I mean - purely aesthetically speaking (and just generally lamer).

Still, I'd probably agree and vote OGS because of moveset.

There is nothing like the DBS in Dark Souls sad
    Curse that blunt peace of steel and 2h roll+r1 ....u have to run to the flying guy to get your hit while he gets up, cause he was throw 15 feet away and now around 1000 hp down...

But here i agree with the majority OGS all the way. Love that thing on my sl55 in AL invasion, nice to make a trap with the 2h r2 and good moveset.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:35 pm

i like the GLGS simply due to looks.  the OGS is far to ugly for me to ever actually use it.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Sneezer wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:It's an obviously choice. No need to look deep into it. Shrug

I personally feel that there should be at least one relatively in-depth response to a question thread, rather than random opinions. Regardless of how obvious the answer may be to you, it may not be obvious to the person asking the question. It's better to give an explanation than to purely say someone is wrong or mistaken, and not give any actual basis.

You are a very uptight individual. Relax. Every thread you post in you come off in a negative "i'm better than everyone else" kind of way.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:07 pm

xenon_nobelium wrote:man serpent greatsword should be taken into consideration. @27str it does 430+/520+ dmg. yeah it's heavy, but it has an awesome moveset (unlike the other two swords).

OGS has the same moveset as MSGS except for the 2h R2, which is arguably better.
    Bastard Sword also has the same moveset.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:18 pm

TooLeet wrote:You are a very uptight individual. Relax. Every thread you post in you come off in a negative "i'm better than everyone else" kind of way.
    Necessary evil. And I'm definitely not better than everyone else.
    Of course, saying what kind of person I am based on a couple of posts I made isn't very accurate.

Anywho, in case my point wasn't clear before, the OGS is a better choice because you can have a much more diverse build when you use it.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Sneezer wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:You are a very uptight individual. Relax. Every thread you post in you come off in a negative "i'm better than everyone else" kind of way.
    Of course, saying what kind of person I am based on a couple of posts I made isn't very accurate.

Anywho, in case my point wasn't clear before, the OGS is a better choice because you can have a much more diverse build when you use it.
    Definitely do not post in that kind of way. Your arguments are completely normal, and you get your point through.

You're doing it right.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Sneezer wrote:

Just a first impression. Granted this is the internet. Carry on Proper Bow
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:13 pm

The OGS always reminds me of Indian arrowheads...I love it, I think it looks cool...especially for Dark Souls stuff....masks anyone? sick
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Hmm, its a close run thing... the OGS has an arguably better moveset (and I don't know who'd be arguing against that proposition, seriously the GLGS R2 attacks are complete :dung:), looks better and is buffable. However, the GLGS has lower stat requirements and can still stunlock.

Slight tangent here: I never used GS's in pvp before they were nerfed, so could someone tell me; were they powerful enough to warrant a nerf? I just wonder because people still use them all the time, despite being one of the few weapon classes that can't stunlock.

Last edited by Shakie666 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:52 pm

A lot of people say no.

-You could always toggle escape.

-Most Heavy weapons are vulnerable to roll bs.

Personally, I don't think anything should stunlock beyond 2-3 hits.  I don't think anything under 10 lbs. should stunlock at all.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:53 pm

They definitely needed the nerf, but unfortunately they nerfed it way too much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 am