Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Dibsville
Soris Ice Goldwing
7 posters

Dragon hackers, making me lose respect/fear for dragon players

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Dragon hackers, making me lose respect/fear for dragon players Empty Dragon hackers, making me lose respect/fear for dragon players

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:52 am

Title say it all. Tonight and last night every time I was invaded by a player with a dragon head or full body, they turned out to be a hacker. No damage health hack and the infinite dragon breath thing. I thought the latter was patched long ago? I know I haven't played the game long for the past few months but did I miss something or this is the new hacker trend? I don't like it and it is leaving me with a distrust for dragon players. I used to like them and would sometimes summon them as their covenant is a hard one for reasons we all know, but now I am starting to fear that if I summon a dragon player I will get knocked off a cliff by the breath attack or fight a guy who can't be killed. I really don't understand it and did I miss something or just had a really bad stroke of luck with coincidence, which I personally don't believe in?

Also this was on xbox but please don't turn this into a xbox vs ps3 thread.

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Dragon hackers, making me lose respect/fear for dragon players Empty Re: Dragon hackers, making me lose respect/fear for dragon players

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:00 am

>PS3

By the "dragon breath thing," do you mean the Dragon Head glitch? Because that was patched and their is no way to do it. Infinite dragon breath is another thing, however.

If you summon a dragon player, it should be because you want a scale or because you want the PvP, IMO it's not worth the chances. (Even on PS3, ever since MM came out there has been a huge increase in hackers, although they are still extremely uncommon.)

And yes, using dragon body is a common trend for hackers.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Dragon hackers, making me lose respect/fear for dragon players Empty Re: Dragon hackers, making me lose respect/fear for dragon players

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:10 am

I didn't think that there was a difference between the two. I started throwing a knife at them even if they bow now just to see. I rather know which is which before leaving. I won't even bother to fight them if it is a hacker.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:13 am

The dragon head glitch was what caused people to swap items to use one infinitely, such as infinite souls and humanity, throwing knives and firebombs, etc.

Infinite dragon breath is just from having infinite stamina and being able to constantly use it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:21 am

as long as they don't have infinite poise... force/wog off a cliff. its the only way... Still though if they're gonna hack why do so in a way that makes flak for one of the more respectable covanent groups in the game... why not do something entertaining like turning your character into ceaseless discharge or making you're character be a capra demon... its just as ridiculous but at least its weird and can be funny that way...
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:25 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:as long as they don't have infinite poise... force/wog off a cliff. its the only way... Still though if they're gonna hack why do so in a way that makes flak for one of the more respectable covanent groups in the game... why not do something entertaining like turning your character into ceaseless discharge or making you're character be a capra demon... its just as ridiculous but at least its weird and can be funny that way...
    People play to win instead of have fun. Unfortunately the dragon cov is the best choice due to getting +3 Dragon Roar and the fact that hackers can put armour over the dragon body anyway. Unfortunately it's just the way it is. :(

Side note: I'd totally make myself into Priscilla.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:29 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:as long as they don't have infinite poise... force/wog off a cliff. 

Stay away from pcthen,  invaded 2 with what seemed to be a permanent iron flesh effect.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:13 am

If they do the old dragon head glitch and with unlimited stamina, nothing can hit them. They have constant force spells that deflect items, arrows, spells, you, and special attacks (at least I'm pretty sure it does). The only way to hit them to make it stop is use a long long weapon and poke at maximum range.

Don't lose respect for all dragons, some of us are good.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Infinite Dragon Breath these days just means hacked stamina set to infinite.

Just be glad you're not on PC, you run into hackers all the time.
    Ran into one last night who had 15k hp. Killed him in a few hits (hypermage) then I just kept invading him and couldn't beat him after that as he had a friend (both human - ie no phantom colours).  
    Sent me "welcome to dark soul" everytime he won, even though I beat him initially.

Still, scrubs like that are better than this sh*t:
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901000178688076369/3B2268336F9FF525A86F4230319E47E92D4F6AC5/

Also at least you have a decent player pool. On PC, GFWL creates a player pool of about 5 people to draw from, so if you invade/are invaded by a hacker you will verse him constantly all night.  
    Hell that curse hacker I invaded in the pic, I invaded him 5 times in a row after that death, then every 3rd or 4th invade until I got the sh*ts and quit.

Also don't judge all Dragons based on 1, that's just silly and an overreaction.

Last edited by StiffNipples on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:10 pm

What're you gonna do?

I feel bad for the good dragons.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:19 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I feel bad for the good dragons.

Same here Pendant. I want to head into the forest one more time as a host to see if I get anymore and then try somewhere else. Even the other forest invaders hate these guys and won't bother with them. I had a lot on my 114 but then when I was summoned with my 75 my host had one, all different people too. Interesting thing is that two guys actually act like they want to fight but then I figured that they would be the ones who say "Learn to play scrub", scrub being the nicest word of a list of insults, if I even tried talking to one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:24 am