Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 19 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Gravelord Bodyguards in the forest are always randoms unless by some mad chance you managed to invade your friend.

Befowler, from the findings I've had it's better not to ask questions about how he did that. He didn't realize it, but if he had hit he could have landed a very nasty OHKO glitch.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 pm

DxV04 is the 2nd leader of the POLG so you probably get his support
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm

nsane32 wrote:DxV04 is the 2nd leader of the POLG so you probably get his support

Well that is all you had to say - any friend of Dx is friend of my mine. And even heartier welcome Prostration to you then . Looking forward to fighting alongside you and your brethren in the near future. Good hunting and no mercy to all farmers twisted .

Last edited by Brokewilly on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 pm

What about Farmer Tarkus? Surely he deserves some mercy
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:43 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:What about Farmer Tarkus? Surely he deserves some mercy

Well maybe a dribble of mercy for old Tarkus lol Have to bend the rules sometimes I guess lol! .
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh thank god! If it makes you feel better about rules Miss Alvina says all Hunters should play nice, even with Shiva.

Althougj if you catch me at the steps with a couple of whites put me down for Alvina's sake
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:25 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Oh thank god! If it makes you feel better about rules Miss Alvina says all Hunters should play nice, even with Shiva.

Althougj if you catch me at the steps with a couple of whites put me down for Alvina's sake

Skare - you are killing me just like Tolvo!!! lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 am

I'm going to be taking another break. After dying 290+ times to the bed of Chaos on a low vit and end toon to check out a bit of lore withouth any actual results, I need a break from Dark Souls.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:52 am

Tolvo wrote:I'm going to be taking another break. After dying 290+ times to the bed of Chaos on a low vit and end toon to check out a bit of lore withouth any actual results, I need a break from Dark Souls.

Tolvo - bro I completely understand. Stepping back to analyze the results of actions is always the smart thing to do. This game can be frustrating and draining (as we all know) especially if you believe you have mixed the right ingredients (stats) for a decent toon and DkS says "Nope - try again".

We shall stand fast & hold the line against the farmers, campers and gankers until your return to the battlefield.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:07 am

I hear ya.....I've been Skyriming all over the place since the event so I can relax with some nice repetitive blacksmithing and alchemy. Why do I need 70 iron daggers? I don't but the materials are easy to get and give surprisingly large headway into the smithy skill.

Eighty smithy levels later and I believe that I hear....wait....now I am certain of it.....yes.....this is what I've been biding my time for. Do you hear it? Come closer. Be still now........it's faint.....but powerful...for those with the will to hear it. You think you hear something? Good.......good. A little closer......yes......you hear it now. Alvina is purring......a beckon to her Hunters.

And so I must put down the hammer for the sickle. Time for rest is over. Time for harvest has begun.

P.S. I always use a kitty cat in Elder Scrolls so I can hear that purr coming a mile away!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am

Tolvo wrote:I'm going to be taking another break. After dying 290+ times to the bed of Chaos on a low vit and end toon to check out a bit of lore withouth any actual results, I need a break from Dark Souls.

Heh, I hate that thing. Worst boss ever. What lore were you checking out? The only way I beat it is with eagle shield +15 and double blocking the sweep attacks.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 am

I was killing the Bed of Chaos with the Ceaseless Discharge alive to see if anything would happen, if the Son of Chaos would revert or Quelana would say anything about it. Nothing happened, I'm very sad.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 am

Too bad, I like the idea that there's more out there to discover.

Maybe wear the gold hemmed set and go back and see if ceaseless discharge reacts to it?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 am

I tried so many things you wouldn't believe it.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:20 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I hear ya.....I've been Skyriming all over the place since the event so I can relax with some nice repetitive blacksmithing and alchemy. Why do I need 70 iron daggers? I don't but the materials are easy to get and give surprisingly large headway into the smithy skill.

Eighty smithy levels later and I believe that I hear....wait....now I am certain of it.....yes.....this is what I've been biding my time for. Do you hear it? Come closer. Be still now........it's faint.....but powerful...for those with the will to hear it. You think you hear something? Good.......good. A little closer......yes......you hear it now. Alvina is purring......a beckon to her Hunters.

And so I must put down the hammer for the sickle. Time for rest is over. Time for harvest has begun.

P.S. I always use a kitty cat in Elder Scrolls so I can hear that purr coming a mile away!

Off Topic

Skare - I have been meaning to check-out Skyrim - is it decent RPG? Need to check-out some videos of the game before I buy though to see if it would interest me. Maybe do what you are doing relax with Skyrim - then hit DkS with a vengeance.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:03 pm

If you played Oblivion or Morrowind you should have a good idea of what to expect. If you haven't.....I might get shunned for saying this out loud......it's a great game. It's not as refined as Dark Souls and the Combat is kinda lame compared to Dark Souls but it's more robust (if you have an imagination) than most RPGs. The skills are all based on a use component. So with my blacksmithing example I want to be able to forge dragon armor but I need level 100 in that skill so I need to make or work on A LOT of items to get there. Admittedly it can be tedious. Especially if you like alchemy and try to catch butterflies that seem to disappear entirely after a few seconds. The best things about it is the game is gigantic. Like epic sized areas. Geography is important too as a cliff is really a cliff. Sometimes you just gotta go around. There's glitches but everything is rendered beautifully. I have to say they do some things graphically that Dark Souls was "meh" with and Souls is one of the best looking games too. Take water, I am not impressed on top of the Hydra ladder. I was so impressed in Skyrim the first time I came to a river I just stared for a few minutes. Same thing with my first waterfall. Getting back to combat.....it can turn into a hack and slash unless you are devious. For instance two nights ago I ran into a guy I was not prepared for and was getting my butt handed to me. To get to him there was a door with a sword as the key. I knocked him down with a shout, then ran and pulled the sword cutting him off again. I let my shout recharge (it does knockdown and a lot of damage with a direct hit) put the sword back in and shouted him back down the tunnel. Pulled the sword again and repeated. Sure it's not honorable but it got my heart racing. The other honorable mention is lore. They take the opposite approach of Dark Souls and have books literally everywhere that tell you all you need to know and then some. Plus there's a lot of funny and interesting stuff hidden everywhere like a house with a dead guy filled with rodents. What the hell happened there? I may never know.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Your skyrim experience will depend on your system. I enjoyed it on my PS3 until about the 20 hour mark, when it basically became unplayable and then corrupted my PS3 file system. It is the first and only PS3 game I've ever had that 1) actually crashed my PS3 to its "desktop" and 2) was returned for a refund. After similar problems with Fallout 3 and New Vegas Bethesda seems to have "crippled PS3 RPG" as an actual game development division.

In terms of gameplay there are also tons of cheap exploits that are obvious to all but the most casual gamer, like pummeling immortal NPCs to crank up your stats, buying skins and crafting thousands of bracers to max smithing, and setting up positive feedback loops between alchemy, enchanting, and smithing such that you can get ridiculous armor levels or a a finger of god level bow that one shots anything particularly if you are sneaking. I much, MUCH preferred Morrowind, which had some similar exploits but just felt a lot more creative. Basically on the PS3 Skyrim was unstable and also broken in late game gameplay. When I need a break from DkS I have taken to playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which is like a big dumb golden retriever of an RPG, all bright colors and wasted energy. You can't help but love it, and it even has backstabs and ninja rolls.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Ive played kingdoms of amalur I like the fact that it makes combining magic with brute force very easy battle mage of DOOM I can freeze you stun you with lightning burn you until cooked evenly and if that not enough a sword strait to the heart
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:57 pm

I've gotten well past 20 PS3 hours and none of the garbage so far. Loading times are good still actually. I was lucky and didn't play it until after patch. The exploits can be lame but some (like the smithy) are more mind numbing and less a real exploit since you are still doing all the work, just being smart about it. Haven't played Amalur yet but heard some good things. Befowler.....there's one thing that makes Morrowind better than Oblivion of Skyrim......enemies aren't tied to your level. I walked into my first vampire in Skyrim and pimp slapped him. In Morrowind I ran for my life.

Getting back to topic.....kinda.....I changed avatars (again) to represent my cat covenant status. This is my actual cat (even though he lives with my sister now)
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Ok - people a few more videos (all losses except one I think) for your viewing pleasure. I will try to provide some written commentary of each battle I post. Eventually - I will be adding voice commentary to each of my vids.

Roll the tape....

In this clip folks I get victimized by a dragonoid and his minion. Bang city people. Just got to love it ❤ . Just recently I was thinking man "I have never seen a farmer use a Giant Halberd". Well fellow allies of Alvina - this next fight I finally did. There was some lag involved in this engagement but I basically got my butt handed to me with a freaking Giant Halberd!!Sometimes you get what you wish for to your own detriment.

https://youtu.be/WrlQ9Ww7M4A

In this clip I basically failed to use the MPs correctly (I was jumping all over the place - just couldn't find my rhythm). I died miserably.

https://youtu.be/ztOxgThEUec

This final fight was pretty good. I had fought this guy many times before - he has banged me and I have banged him. We are mutual friends of a fellow hunter so we agreed to only honorably fight each other when I invade him. Luckily - I was victorious in this fight - he is a better fighter than I am so he must have been having an off day. Plus he could have easily BS'd me when I twice flipped away with my back to him :oops: . I was able to catch him right above the shield when he made his final attack - stun-locking won the day for me in this fight.

https://youtu.be/qTQXNsIohi4

I will keep the vids coming people - comments are welcomed and warranted.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:15 pm

that was the longest pvp fight I have seen anyway do you want to send me a friend request GT:nsane32
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:32 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Befowler.....there's one thing that makes Morrowind better than Oblivion of Skyrim......enemies aren't tied to your level. I walked into my first vampire in Skyrim and pimp slapped him. In Morrowind I ran for my life.

That is a good point, the monster leveling is also annoying and something that Bethesda claimed they'd learned their lesson about with Oblivion. Mm, not really.

Brokewilly thanks for the videos. One immediate thought is that you are good at getting the 2v1 or 3v1s to bunch up -- so don't be sparing on the WotG. In the first video there were a couple of spots where the host was practically begging to get knocked off a cliff by it, which is always fun. You also had the right idea to TwoP with the MPs but never actually cast it - doing so might have kept that spear guy from being such a pest. My experience has been that I almost never die from running out of spells, but instead usually die with plenty of spells left. So I try not to skimp on them. Farmers tend to have to worry more about running out of spells so use it against 'em.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:39 pm

nsane32 wrote:that was the longest pvp fight I have seen anyway do you want to send me a friend request GT:nsane32

Nsane32 - friend request coming your way. I do love a good 1v1 especially with a host that stays within honor rules to a certain extent.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:42 pm

befowler wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:Befowler.....there's one thing that makes Morrowind better than Oblivion of Skyrim......enemies aren't tied to your level. I walked into my first vampire in Skyrim and pimp slapped him. In Morrowind I ran for my life.

That is a good point, the monster leveling is also annoying and something that Bethesda claimed they'd learned their lesson about with Oblivion. Mm, not really.

Brokewilly thanks for the videos. One immediate thought is that you are good at getting the 2v1 or 3v1s to bunch up -- so don't be sparing on the WotG. In the first video there were a couple of spots where the host was practically begging to get knocked off a cliff by it, which is always fun. You also had the right idea to TwoP with the MPs but never actually cast it - doing so might have kept that spear guy from being such a pest. My experience has been that I almost never die from running out of spells, but instead usually die with plenty of spells left. So I try not to skimp on them. Farmers tend to have to worry more about running out of spells so use it against 'em.

befowler - thank you for the constructive criticism. Yeah - I usually use TwoP when I'm fighting near the MPs just don't know what was wrong with me that day. Yeah not knocking the host off the cliff with WoG was an immediate realization when I reviewed the fight. I get tunnel vision sometimes and will just keep attacking with out using my mind. Trying to get better people, trying to get better.

Will keep the videos coming...
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Yeah I am the same way, I sort of get locked into fights sometimes and forget other options. Plus you had a lot of spells available -- what sl is that char?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 am