Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 37 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:59 am

I'm very glad our ideas have been so useful, by the way feel free to stick around. Maybe share anything you've noticed or interesting stories you've experienced. Welcome to the forum friend, I hope you stick around.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:41 am

Thank you for the warm welcome sir. You have inspired me to make a new toon that is solely a forest hunter. I got him up to sl 35 today and as soon as I get him a decent weapon I'll do all further leveling in the forest.

On my DM, who is a dex/faith build, I use a +15 uchi usually buffed with SLB (only miracle I use) and a hidden +5 lightning avelyn. He wears the dark armour set, the wolf ring, DWGR and a heater shield. I have been having great success in 2 v 1's with him. I don't see alot of others using the small katanas. I've been wondering if there is some downside to them I'm missing. Ah well, even if there is I love using the thing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:20 am

Most use the washing pole for its range, because of that it can really take advantage of lag. But, I prefer the smaller ones when I use Katana, the Iaito especially for its speed and flurry attacks. If you are going buffing and no elemental I consider the smaller ones way more effective, but the Washing Pole is a lot better if the person is just going elemental as most do.

It does sound like your character has some huge damage output, I also imagine the Av is to finish people off, or to force them to be more aggressive with you via harassment?
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:47 am

I use the avelyn sparingly. I try to keep it as a surprise. I've found it very effective at finishing someone off when they run off to heal or as punishment for taunting at a distance.

I play a very aggressive game. I'll hit turtles as the bleed accumulates through the shield. I never hit a raised shield twice in a row though and I try to vary my timing. Always wary of a parry. The bleed isn't super useful, but it does tend to make campers panic and make mistakes.

My skeleton strategy is to llyod's early, lloyd's often and keep the host between myself and the phantom. Easier said then done but the devil is in the details.

When it works they go down hard and fast. My SLB buffed uchi does about 800 in an r1 attack. I can cast SLB 3 times if I need to. Don't think I've ever needed more than 2 though... or they gank me before it gets that far...

Your tips about luring them to the ent ambush is a new favorite of mine. Very effective indeed. Makes me wish I had enough str to use the channeler's trident.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:52 am

If you can hold it while two handing you can use the buff of the trident, or is your build very low STR to focus more on Dex/Faith/Etc?

Ah yeah, I imagine you were setting it up to burst people as they run, especially if they try to flask suddenly. The av is a pretty useful tool, I don't carry it often but when I do I really get a kick out of catching people off with it.

Haha, very nice way of avoiding a parry, especially with a katana since they are very easy weapons to parry. That is some pretty massive damage, mind posting your build? I'm sure some people would be pretty interested to see it. Yeah any debuff on your enemies is great to make them screw up, I actually use poison daggers for this reason and it is hilarious.

Ah yeah Lloyd's is always great, I use mine like artillery typically hitting them while I'm so far away a bow would barely deal any damage to them.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:01 am

Darkmoon invasions during the hunt are amazing, because I always think it's a one man army arriving to punish the guilty. I love the hidden avelyn, she can be real nasty at times. If you have the stats look into a polearm as a menuswap/support weapon. They've good reach to cover your midrange, so you don't have to give away your Avelyn.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:12 am

Natalia's Second episode of (Wo)Men in Tights Ep.2
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:18 am

Wow Tolvo! You can hit them from that far with a lloyd's. I am truly impressed.

My current build is vit 50, attun 14, end 41 (needed 41 for a scyth loadout I'm experimenting with) str 16, dex 50, res 10, int 12, faith 50

Made the char for pve originally. Started him out as a thief and got into roleplaying him alot. I only recently started pvp after reading this thread. Before that I would wash over with fear every time I got invaded and run for the boss (bad experiences early in the game). I started reading this when I got to ng+++ and was running out of things to do single player and got inspired. I've got to say that now I've been doing it for a while I love fighting against the odds. It's a massive rush to beat 2 or 3 campers at once. Addictive really...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:26 am

Very nice work with those nuking spells Nat, and it's always cool to see BP mushrooms haha.

Well there are typically two reasons why it works so well at that range.

1: They hide behind a tree not realizing it still hits them on the other side.
    2: They haven't seen me yet, as well they can't judge where it is going to dodge if they do.

I'm very glad we've inspired you, and I know your exact feeling haha. Forest hunters are defnitely the Blood Knights of Dark Souls, we don't do it for souls, for humanity, for silly rewards. We do it for the thrills from our kills.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:36 am

Haha thank you Tolvo <3 :oops:

I am trying a Maiden Reah build, so it will be quite hard without all the spells, although i think emit force will be alright
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:43 am

Nice video. I love that tactic you used when you kept your back to the opponent and back stepped with HCSM armed, Genius.

Thanks Cloud. I'll give the pole-arm a try tomorrow. I like the sound of one man army. I need to work on menu switching weapons on the fly. I'm weak in that area...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:43 am

Haha, thanks dude. Jason suggested it to me (:
    eninala

Post by eninala Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:00 am

Love the vids. Particularly enjoyed Natalia's bc I'm grinding up a similar build. What SL is that character if I may ask?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:17 am

It is SL120 silly I suggested the stats, but she handles the style so well! And she listens to my idea's such as the CHSM idea... it worked on Tolvo so hey why not in the forest... people never expect it :L and then BAM! 1k free damage along with a dash attack, lots of gankers are almost dead by then :L
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:20 am

"Hey Tolvo, she's casting CHSM, better stand still trying to shoot a bow."

I still can't believe I actually ate that entire CHSM, probably the dumbest thing I've ever done in game.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:24 am

Tolvo wrote:"Hey Tolvo, she's casting CHSM, better stand still trying to shoot a bow."

I still can't believe I actually ate that entire CHSM, probably the dumbest thing I've ever done in game.

Haha yes, I came up with that idea for her after figuring out that she got annihalated originally winking I am the brains behind the b**ch nahh jk she's a boss but yeah i take all credit for the ideas :L
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:25 am

It's still quite dangerous to do though, a roll BS can completely counter that.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:26 am

Aye, but gankers aren't that smart big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:27 am

A duellist probably is, but yeah Gankers will probably just charge, get hit and stagger nuked, then she can standing dodge making her flip back then running attack them for the killing blow.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:30 am

You forget... I taught her DWGR=gimp. She instead is under 25% silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:31 am

Take a step back then charging attack, there. silly
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:35 am

^^ Good Man for correcting yourself (:
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Yog wrote:Hello noble Forest Hunters. I have read this thread from beginning to end . I just wanted to pop my head up and say Thank you all very much. I am a Dark Moon Blade sl 162 who hunts the guilty exclusively in the forest on xbox. Your tips and vids have been invaluable to my mission of punishing the campers in the forest. Honestly this thread has added a great deal of value to my pvp experience. I really can't thank you all enough.

Yog - welcome to the resistance fellow hunter Proper Bow . Glad to see you joining us on this great crusade to purge gankers from Alvina's forest.

You will learn much from the other allies of Alvina and the information posted on this thread. We just want you to have to the tools for the job.

Again, welcome and good hunting!!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Ok everyone - here are some fresh vids (6 in total) for moral purposes.The front lines are as brutal as ever but we will fight the good fight. I have started to play around with spells quite a bit so most of these videos you will see I am using them alot. Still trying to determine the effective timing and min/max distance needed with each spell to optimally engage a target. Well lets get right to it then.

Roll the tape....

This 1st bout is a 2v2 - we started the fight with barrage of spells, miracles and pyro - a good start to things I must say. My hunter companion does his job by keeping his opponent busy and I did the same. This is the best strategy for hunters when they invade with another hunter. It was a pretty good showing for the old covenant.

https://youtu.be/AEZdZD0nJnU

In this 2nd match I initially thought this was 2v1 bang so I do what I can to manage. Then suddenly a ninja hunter comes from know where (this hunter must have been hiding out since I did not see an invasion signal)which confuses me and I pretty much fail to change over to ranged spells. My lack of focus and aggressiveness almost allows the other hunter to get banged - so I basically try to relieve the pressure on other hunter to my detriment. My performance in this match was poor :oops: so I pretty much acted as a distraction so the mysterious hunter could pull off the sneak attack. I died but was happy with the ending of the story.

https://youtu.be/L9tmIxzrTNg

This was a pretty good fight. The camper's white phantom was ATK on the hill (I guess they were trying to cover all of the invasion points - I have seen this before) so another hunter and I try to end it quickly. The one rule I try to always follow is - if a camper attempts a summon or have already summoned they are candidates for a banged. Once again I'm trying out my spells. The other hunter saves my butt when I try close quarter combat (I failed miserably on the 1H running attack :oops: !!). I decided to run straight at the camper to change the threat so he would be forced to direct his attention towards me giving the other hunter an opening to end the fight.The other hunter really pulled my bacon out the fire in this fight.

https://youtu.be/19gqRDGQSLs

These next three bouts are pretty much more vids of me training with sorcery (I did not want to use melee weapons unless I had to since that was not my training objective). In the last fight the camper tries to make a run for it but is stopped by a cliff - there is simply nowhere else to run. I think he now knows what it feels like to be hunted down and killed. As long as Alvina's happy I'm happy.

https://youtu.be/zvMxtg6_8Ls
    https://youtu.be/v9T6PUNnUSw
    https://youtu.be/d5N0zZt8_UA

I really appreciate everyone (@TheInfamousAmos - "You're girlfriend is a beast twisted !!")sharing their vids - I continue to learn a lot. Keep the vids coming.

Remember fight hard and die with honor.Good hunting!!

Last edited by Brokewilly on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:54 pm

So, what is the general etiquette in the forest? Has anything been formed, or is it just chaos, anything goes?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 am