Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Hue
Sentiel
sids__09
7 posters

Know what bugs me right now? Gough armor.

sids__09
    Casual
    Casual

Know what bugs me right now? Gough armor. Empty Know what bugs me right now? Gough armor.

Post by sids__09 Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:05 am

I love the way it looks, I love the way it performs, I love dressing up in character and filling the NPC's combat role -- but I *hate* trying to aim a bow with that stupid dragon-bone pauldron sticking up in the way. Can't see a thing! I guess that's not a problem for Gough, but it's making it really hard for me to to play archer.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Know what bugs me right now? Gough armor. Empty Re: Know what bugs me right now? Gough armor.

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:54 am

Doesn't the thing on his shoulder move away from the screen once you actually pull the bow? You know, because the character moves his arm away.
    I did a Gough cosplay and don't remember having problems with something obscuring my view.
    Maybe it goes away only when you use Greatbows, but I doubt that.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Know what bugs me right now? Gough armor. Empty Re: Know what bugs me right now? Gough armor.

Post by Hue Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:04 am

This ^
    It happens with Havel's armor too.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:37 am

Big Logan's Hat always makes me not use a bow.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:47 am

sids__09 wrote:I love the way it looks, I love the way it performs, I love dressing up in character and filling the NPC's combat role -- but I *hate* trying to aim a bow with that stupid dragon-bone pauldron sticking up in the way. Can't see a thing! I guess that's not a problem for Gough, but it's making it really hard for me to to play archer.

If you want to cosplay as Gough... you get to see like Gough...

Got to be a developer in-joke...  Look Skyward 

But seriously, that is a pain. I try and use the lock on and fire from 3rd person as much as I can.... Or you channel your inner Gough and fire in the blind!
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:38 am

MosquitoPower wrote:If you want to cosplay as Gough... you get to see like Gough...

Got to be a developer in-joke...  Look Skyward

lol!
    sids__09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids__09 Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:39 pm

I'm pushing through the pain and doing it anyway, because the Knights of Gwyn need their giant, and I AM THAT HERO!!

Since he's unarmed when you fight him, I gave him fist weapons.... well, Dragonbone Fist for now. Technically not right, but I figure hey, he's a dragonslayer and a giant and his punches hurt.I also gave him the Blacksmith Giant's Hammer, but I dunno if I'm keeping that; might try some of the other hammers. 

Cosplay is fun.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:52 pm

I did a cosplay as Gough a while ago, but I never had any issues with the armor. Manual aiming went fine for me. Maybe because I always had my arrow drawn when aiming? I don't remember. But I know I could hit everything without problems Shrug
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Get some caestus and go UFC style just like Gough himself

but serious now, I'm with MosquitoPower. I'm already a bit clumsy and blind, trying to aim with that armor is so difficult for me, that I preffer to get close and lock on
    sids__09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids__09 Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:22 am

WaffleGuy wrote:I did a cosplay as Gough a while ago, but I never had any issues with the armor. Manual aiming went fine for me. Maybe because I always had my arrow drawn when aiming? I don't remember. But I know I could hit everything without problems Shrug

I set my mind to the task tonight, and yeah, once you get into that archer-flow where you're drawing an arrow as you enter manual-aiming mode, it works. *Can* still get in the way, especially if you strafe, but once you're in the zone (takes a little getting used to) it's gold.

Get some caestus and go UFC style just like Gough himself

Yes yes and YES. This was my evening, and it's gonna be my tomorrow too, I suspect. I played with the gear a little, trying to find a combination of fist weapons that suits me well; I settled down on Caestus-offhand, Claws-mainhand, with a Greatbow in the main and a Darkmoon Bow in the left. It's ballsy. I found that I needed the claws, because there's no Gough Shield; I needed some tool to let me engage several foes at once, and claws worked while staying in Fist mode.

Mind you, if I'm doing it just on my own, I'll go Caestus-Dragonbone and Falcon-PAWNCH my way through a whole map, but I try to focus on co-op, and I can't leave my host totally hanging. "Thanks for the summon. I'm blind. Let me put my hand on your shoulder."

....****, that would be EPIC, I'm gonna see if...... oh man. Worth trying once. CHALLENGE LEVEL: EXPERT. Clear Sen's Fortress with Gough in your group. Gough must manual-aim at all times. This will keep the pauldron in your line of sight, so you'll be blind except when using your super-senses to aim an arrow by sound, or when engaging enemies in hand-to-hand combat by sound.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:05 am

sids__09 wrote:
    WaffleGuy wrote:I did a cosplay as Gough a while ago, but I never had any issues with the armor. Manual aiming went fine for me. Maybe because I always had my arrow drawn when aiming? I don't remember. But I know I could hit everything without problems Shrug

I set my mind to the task tonight, and yeah, once you get into that archer-flow where you're drawing an arrow as you enter manual-aiming mode, it works. *Can* still get in the way, especially if you strafe, but once you're in the zone (takes a little getting used to) it's gold.

... but I try to focus on co-op, and I can't leave my host totally hanging. 
    I can see it now:

- Dude, what the hell were you doing? You kept using that friggin' Shoryouken all the time and hit nothing at all! 

- "Gough is blind, you insensitive d***!" Prostration

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm