Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
Eolan
Kenko
FattyOfDoom
Jorund
befowler
skillbilly
Sunbro4evar
GkMrBane
Oribane
Spurgun
Shkar
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
SEANB240
Siegleyn
Serious_Much
cloudyeki
DoughGuy
Darkstar485
pylorih
Tolvo
strangejoy
skarekrow13
ViralEnsign_
PhlyingDutchman
cdr2783
AeroSigma
Carphil
Yukon
Emergence
ublug
Tornesol
PlasticandRage
WyrmHero
User
BLA1NE
39 posters

Pendant Theories

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Pendant Theories - Page 2 Empty Re: Pendant Theories

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Huh, yeah those at the end are the ones I was talking about. I thought they were lit! Seems not.
    AeroSigma
    AeroSigma
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AeroSigma Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Even without the Master Key, you can get the Ring of Artorias without ringing any of the bells, just buy the crest from the blacksmith, you don't need to go throught the valley.

Last edited by AeroSigma on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling!)
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 pm

BLA1NE wrote:I remember picking up the pendant from Reah's loot on a playthrough once, but I'm pretty sure it didn't transfer over to my next playthrough. If anyone can confirm that it doesn't transfer, then that's something else we need to consider.

Either the pendant you choose as gift is different, or whatever you do with the pendant must be done after you can get the one from Reah's loot, and before finishing the playthrough.

Also, @AeroSigma: once you kill Gwyn, be sure to walk out the front door if you want to get the braziers ("Dark Lord") ending.

I did not choose pendant to start, and carried over Rhea's looted one into NG+. Also multiple playthroughs may be suggested to accumulate more pendants. Miyazaka may be suggesting that you are only guaranteed one pendant drop per play through, especially if you do not play online.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:11 pm

cdr2783 wrote:So Im on NG+ and had to run through asylum today. I'm aware of pendant theroies and mess around with it every now and then. Picked up peculiar doll and remembered what they said about starting gift so figured it may be useful there. dropped pendant where doll was and fought stray demon. died once. beat him next round. I went back to pick up pendant because I figured nothing happened and found it had turned to a prism stone.

I have no more pendants to mess around with so i cant do much more with it.

Prism stone descriptions says something about a rare 8th color. I chucked it and it was a orangish-yellow.

This also happened to someone with who dropped the pendant on Artorias' grave. They reloaded to find a prism. The player was wearing a very specific set of clothing/gear. It's in glyph's stickied thread somewhere. Kinda curious I think.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Emergence wrote:I did not choose pendant to start, and carried over Rhea's looted one into NG+. Also multiple playthroughs may be suggested to accumulate more pendants. Miyazaka may be suggesting that you are only guaranteed one pendant drop per play through, especially if you do not play online.
    I know I've picked it up, but I don't have it anymore... Maybe I traded it to Sparkly--d'oh!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:10 pm

If pendants did relate to a covenant like ive seen in several thread then it would be the ultimate completionists covenant only for the really badass.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Here's another log for the fire:

Every covenant has a warpable bonfire as a central point, except two, the Forest and Way of White.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:44 pm

as well as gravelord too, but that is because you can't do anything as a grave lord, once the Gravelord's Boss Bonfire is activated... after his death. It would be the same as the sunlight alter and such, if you were able to interact with the covenant when lit. However you can't. You just can warp back to the gravelord coffins, unable to do anything their.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:57 pm

@Emergence

I feel like you're just trying to blow my mind rather than provide theories. silly
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:19 pm

But my point is you can still warp to Nito as an altar function, even if you can no longer rank up, similar to the Princess chamber. The other two however have no such resource. Seems odd that those two covenants are already shrouded in mystery and then we add this wrinkle.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:23 pm

If we're using the bonfire theory of warpable and useful then 33% of covenants don't meet the criteria. That doesn't sound like a good indicator of importance. My point being, if we're looking for a "warpable" bonfire for WoW then we need to identify two more (forest and gravelord). Since the forest and gravelord covenants do have useful bonfires fairly close perhaps the criteria should just be "somewhere near a bonfire." However, the game is built on numerous exceptions, even with the covenants. Nito's covenant is the only one, per the story, where you have to kill the leader. Some have leaders that can be killed (Darkmoon, Princess Guard) and two others don't even have definitive leaders you can interact with (WoW and Sunbros). On top of that, two covenants actually have the SAME leader. Darkmoon is run by Gwyndolin directly while Princess Guard can be thought of as Gwyndolin's indirectly. It's debatable on whether he started both or continued both after the other gods left but as I see it, they're both his.

Not trying to be a downer so here's where I'm going with all of this. I'm not sure there's evidence to support that there are any patterns to how covenants work or how they appear to lead us to any WoW secrets. At least as far as game mechanics (where bonfires are, are they warpable, etc.). I think lore might be the better route. For example, the WoW and Princess Guard can't level up in any known way. Going from my earlier point, it could be suggested that Princess Guard is an incomplete covenant as a) the original leader might be long gone, hence secrets lost, b) the covenant is part of Gwyndolin's ruse and therefore there are no "full" levels/enhancements, c) covenant power is lost due to reason letter "a" above or due to limitations in Gwyndolin's power.

Perhaps the WoW covenant is similarly broken because it has no leader and no place of worship. Rhea's journey may be in part an attempt to restore power to the covenant. Also, going from lore, this covenant is the only one which does not have a designated place attached to it at all. All others have a leader or location that is central (Gywdolin, Gywnever, Nito, Kaathe, Sunlight Altar, Dragon, Alvina, Spider lady). The only way to join, unless you started in the covenant, is to talk to one of two NCPs, both from Thorolund. Is this even a covenant that has meaning in Lordran? As gods in other places are suggested (with some evidence via items) perhaps covenants can be foreign as well. As such, maybe there is no leader or location to be had in Lordran for WoW.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:34 pm

From a lore standpoint, you make a good argument that WoW could have no central location in Lordran.

But from a simple game mechanics standpoint... I just find it hard to accept that there isn't either a main leader or a main place of worship.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Emergence wrote:Right, but I have also heard that Forest Hunters do receive them for killing hosts as well so there is something to what Yukon said. Strangejoy would be someone to consult on this.

Ask and ye shall receive. It's a random drop after a successful forest invasion. It's rarer than shards, chunks, or garbage, but not exceptionally rare. If it's any indication, I've got about 25 of these silly little trinkets.

I seem to recall someone reporting that forest invasion drops aren't actually *stolen* from the hosts. In other words, they're not lost to the host. They're basically duplicated.

Last edited by strangejoy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Bla1ne, I hear ya....it's frustrating that there's NOTHING for this covenant. From what I've read of the covenant "benefits," they seem to be questionable as well. Even the non leveling Princesses have a chamber and illusion to call their own as well as exclusive magic. WoW just gets to be friends with Petrus and Rhea. Yippy Skippy, let's hang with Killee McGee and Uppity Upperson!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Ok Bla1ne, we were discussing some ideas about the God of War in Acid's thread, and an idea occurred to me. When the God of War lost his Godly status, he maybe lost his memories too. If the pendant holds memories, maybe it can be used to help the God of War. The pendant and sunlight medal description is the same, and if FROM give is another patch and that description stays the same, I think that is the hint. Now I have never tried this and I think I will test it. I will to keep Reah, Seigmeyer and Solaire alive.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:19 pm

My criteria for bonfires is only warpable, not useful. My point being that adherents to a said covenant are able to warp and venerate at an altar whether they can rank up or not. Nito's apparent broken function may just be an oversight in game design. Bonfire proximity to Alvina or the Parish isn't good enough in my opinion. Ash Lake has a bonfire near the Everlasting Dragon, yet From choose to include a bonfire in front of the Dragon. The same can be said for Chaos Covenant. I just have a snaking suspicion that either WoW has a hidden bonfire or there are actually two overlapping covenants in the forest.

Also, Strangejoy, if that is the case with the pendant drops, if the pendant is duplicated off the host, is there any info related to what covenant the host was and whether they choose the pendant as a starting gift?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:31 pm

As a forest hunter myself I can tell you it is a completely random drop, I've seen hosts who were, Princess Guards, Forest Hunters, Darkmoons, Sunbros, and Gravelords drop them. It has no relation to cov, just a random drop.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Ok, thanks for the info Tolvo!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:36 pm

The forest is my speciality! If you want to test some things with random NPC's I have most of them alive on my hunter toon, and a bunch of Pendants from hunting so I can test dropping it in certain areas, in front of NPC's with variations, etc.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:18 pm

@Wyrm

I'm not familiar with the God of War, but if you've got a theory, keep digging into it!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:12 pm

@ Wyrmhero- Recently in Acidics thread I believe they discussed the God of War theory and Acidic came to the conclusion, and I'm not one hundred percent sure on this one, that the God of War was supposed to be Gwyn himself. I'll check again but its food for though.

@Emergence- I'm highly inclined to agree about you thoughs on WoW's hidden bonfire though where it is I can not fathom. The Parish seems the only logical place but everyone who was looking into the White Seance Ring in one of my threads have tried just about everything you can think of in the Parish.

Also Props to Bla1ne for his help with the White Seance Ring and his additions relating to the Pendant.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Mm, no. God of War is Gwyn's Son. Not Gwyn. He is also the Firekeeper's son as well.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Mm, no. God of War is Gwyn's Son. Not Gwyn. He is also the Firekeeper's son as well.

Sorry my bad misread it then.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:41 am

So... who wants to kidnap Miyazaki right about now and force him to reveal all his secrets?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:42 am

I think we should hire some mercenaries who will ask questions, a lot of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am