Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Unable to get invaded.

DrCaesarsPalaceMD
    DrCaesarsPalaceMD

Unable to get invaded.  Empty Unable to get invaded.

Post by DrCaesarsPalaceMD Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:29 am

I have played for a long time, just wanting to put that out there. I'm currently playing on 360 on a wireless connection (Stupid I know but I'm working with it for now.)

Anyway, I'm not sure whether it could be ports or something to that extent. I undertand the basics of what limits you from being invaded.

My main problem is, I'm in an area, currently Dukes Archives, please, try and invade me.

(GenocidalPastry) <--- gtag.

I digress, the problem is I'm just invading, and occasionally, it will cause my bonfire to be inaccessible and my online items useless. I think sweet an invader, yet over about twenty times this has ended with the poof of the bonfire being back to normal and no invader. I can invade perfectly fine. No problem, rarely any lag. Yet no one has successfully invaded me since Anor Londo, and that was one guy. There were attempts from others as described above, but no dice. If there are some sort of ports that may not be opened and may need forwarding that'd be great to know if it would help. Just want a more tense and real Souls experience. Thanks for any response.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Unable to get invaded.  Empty Re: Unable to get invaded.

Post by Latitoast Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:21 am

It's probably a level thing, what level are you?
    DrCaesarsPalaceMD
    DrCaesarsPalaceMD

Post by DrCaesarsPalaceMD Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:33 am

Level 80 right now, but I was 70 in Dukes, that's a pretty good level for that zone.

Besides, I don't think invades work that way do they? For someone to invaded, causing your items to be unusable, and then it stops due to level? The problem is people "check in" per say, but can't really get into my world.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:41 am

I sometimes have the same problem. I also use a wireless connection (Comcast).

I check to see if Homeward Bone is able to be used and when I see that it can't be, I expect to be invaded. But it doesn't happen. Sometimes I simply don't get invaded even in high traffic areas - I didn't get invaded in Anor Londo today at level 45. Not once. :I

Have you killed Seath yet? For a while I didn't realize that you can't be invaded if you've killed the area boss, it cleared up some of my worries but sometimes I still don't get invaded.
    OstrawberykushG
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OstrawberykushG Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 am

I dont think the area boss rule is true because im in Dark Anor Londo at SL 55, ive killed Ornstein and smough, and im getting invaded left and right, usually double invaders too. So i dont think area boss being dead has anything to do with it
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:30 am

OstrawberykushG wrote:I dont think the area boss rule is true because im in Dark Anor Londo at SL 55, ive killed Ornstein and smough, and im getting invaded left and right, usually double invaders too. So i dont think area boss being dead has anything to do with it

Dark Anor Londo will always get you invaded. You can kill all the bosses you want but it's permanent sin once you kill Gwynevere.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:38 am

OstrawberykushG wrote:I dont think the area boss rule is true because im in Dark Anor Londo at SL 55, ive killed Ornstein and smough, and im getting invaded left and right, usually double invaders too. So i dont think area boss being dead has anything to do with it

There's a method that allows to you kill both anor londo bosses and still PvP there also.

You kill gwyndolin first, then O & S, then kill Gwynevere to create dark anor londo, which will then act as though gwyndolin is not dead. What I think you are in is dark anor londo with gwyndolin still alive, so you have the PvP

This is however, the one and only way of pvping in an area that has had it's bosses killed.
    OstrawberykushG
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OstrawberykushG Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Yea that makes sense because Gwyndolin is still alive on that character

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm